Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Screw London.

Quote:What would keep this franchise in Jacksonville is a winning football culture. The fact that we can't win and need London to help keep the team in Jacksonville speaks volumes about this franchise.

You're changing the discussion. First its screw London, but now your mad we need London to keep the Jags in Jacksonville because we can't sustain a winning culture?  You seem confused.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think we are a long way from having enough Jaguars fans in the UK to make it a true "home" game. And those UK fans who don't already have a team to support aren't going to look at the Jaguars right now and think "this is a team worth following". And that's despite some great work by the Jaguars UK team to promote the franchise in the UK.

But I'm not sure that matters to the Jaguars - the games sell out (well almost) and Khan makes the same money, regardless of the allegiance of the ticket-buyers.

I would love to see a stadium full of Jaguars fans at Wembley, but the "32-varieties" crowds are a lot of fun too - it's a bit like a convention for NFL fans over here!

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2015, 03:26 PM by Andy G.)

Quote:What the [BAD WORD REMOVED] does that mean to me? I just want wins.

When we start stacking up the wins at the Everbank, this argument might make more sense.

Quote:I think we are a long way from having enough Jaguars fans in the UK to make it a true "home" game. And those UK fans who don't already have a team to support aren't going to look at the Jaguars right now and think "this is a team worth following". And that's despite some great work by the Jaguars UK team to promote the franchise in the UK.

But I'm not sure that matters to the Jaguars - the games sell out (well almost) and Khan makes the same money, regardless of the allegiance of the ticket-buyers.

I would love to see a stadium full of Jaguars fans at Wembley, but the "32-varieties" crowds are a lot of fun too - it's a bit like a convention for NFL fans over here!
Very good comparison. I think a lot of people who come to the game are treating it in that way. Go to London, enjoy the events around the game, enjoy the city itself and get to watch football played at its highest level. To most fans attending the teams on the field are largely inconsequential.

Quote:Very good comparison. I think a lot of people who come to the game are treating it in that way. Go to London, enjoy the events around the game, enjoy the city itself and get to watch football played at its highest level. To most fans attending the teams on the field are largely inconsequential.

Highest level...... I see what you did there.

Quote:You're changing the discussion. First its screw London, but now your mad we need London to keep the Jags in Jacksonville because we can't sustain a winning culture?  You seem confused.
No you're missing his point. Khan (the self made billionaire) shouldn't care about millions of dollars in revenue, nor should he care about the massive ROI he's getting on the franchise. None of this matters because the people buying the tickets aren't wearing the right color jersey therefor we should just pack the whole thing in and head back to plain old Jacksonville and not be bothered to play a massively profitable game on an international stage in one of the world's finest cities.

Quote:Highest level...... I see what you did there.
Har har.

If you'd ever seen the NFL Europe in person you'd know why people are more than willing to come see the real thing. 

Quote:Very good comparison. I think a lot of people who come to the game are treating it in that way. Go to London, enjoy the events around the game, enjoy the city itself and get to watch football played at its highest level. To most fans attending the teams on the field are largely inconsequential.

So BeatupJagsCon?

Just out of curiosity, and I wouldn't even know where to look for this. What are the NFL's ratings in the UK? 

Obviously 4PM and SNF/MNF games are probably not a reasonable measure because of the time difference, but I am curious what viewership is like for the 1PM games.

Quote:What would keep this franchise in Jacksonville is a winning football culture. The fact that we can't win and need London to help keep the team in Jacksonville speaks volumes about this franchise.
"The Jaguars also have enjoyed a significant surge in international recognition. According to an NFL survey, the Jaguars rank ninth among NFL teams in popularity outside the United States. That's a huge jump from the previous year, when they ranked 31st."

As far as saying I don't care, I just want wins why didn't you say so in the first place.  What you did say is no one cares, but Jaguar fans in Europe surged in one year.  I haven't seen the latest numbers and I'm sure you don't care, but what you did say is no one cares which is not true.

Quote:15% of the Jaguars revenue last year. You do the math. that's a huge chunk.

For a blowout fans don't have to bear in person

Quote:It is a novelty still. Just like soccer here. 

You can call it what you want, but the fact is it is generating a lot of money.  

Quote:Just out of curiosity, and I wouldn't even know where to look for this. What are the NFL's ratings in the UK? 

Obviously 4PM and SNF/MNF games are probably not a reasonable measure because of the time difference, but I am curious what viewership is like for the 1PM games.
I'm not sure and I don't think TV ratings are as publicized in the UK as they are in the US but starting this season the BBC got a two year deal to broadcast the International Series live as well as run some highlights shows. They wouldn't be doing that if they didn't think it was worth the effort.

So what keeps it here until we win?  Teams go through winning periods and losing periods.  All 32 teams want to win.  Most (can't say all) want to build a winning football culture.  It does speak volumes about the franchise.  We have an owner who thinks outside the box and made the team profitable while the owner before was losing the fan base.  We do need to win though because the shiny stuff will start to wear off.  I'm sure Khan also wants to win.  You have to draft the right players, pick the right free agents, pick the right GM and find the right coach.  No amount of money (Washington) can make you win.  You can't just wave a magic wand and say I want to win!  

I'm not sure what you are suggesting?  If we stop playing games in London we start winning?  

I get not wanting the games in London because you don't want to lose a home game.  I'm not quite understanding I want to win therefore we should not play in London.

Quote:The Jaguars have increased $250 million in value since Khan bought the team and started playing games in London. That´s 33% ROI over 4 years, if you predicted those kind of returns for an investment fund they´d think you were running some sort of Ponzi scheme.

People think I'm nuts when I show theme a fund averaging around 10% God with 33% I'd make enough commission to never even need my own retirement fund.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:People think I'm nuts when I show theme a fund averaging around 10% God with 33% I'd make enough commission to never even need my own retirement fund.

Screw London, no one there likes the Jags anyways! Oh, wait, so you are saying Jag fans in Europe have increased dramatically? Hmmm...

Then Screw London, it actually costs us money! What's that? You're saying that has actually helped make us very profitable? Hmmm...

Then Screw London, they are the reason we are losing! You don't say. We aren't winning games here either.

Screw London!

I agree, screw London. Lets worry more about putting a good product on the field. That should be his number one priority, something he hasnt done since taking over as owner.

People need to realize that we live in a new world today.  It's a global economy and global participation for just about everything.  We are lucky enough that we have an owner that sees this and knows this.  Had Shahid Khan not made this deal, the risk of Jacksonville losing the team would be very real.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Someone let Shadid know that it is possible to be profitable AND good at the same time. Maybe he skipped that class in Ownership 101.

Quote:What the [BAD WORD REMOVED] does that mean to me? I just want wins.
exactly!