Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
All Bortles Haters Come- Stats at Age 23 and INTs

Quote:Put up a list of players to prove that the rules of the NFL have changed over the past 30 years that allow the game to be more pass happy and offensively oriented? The point about projecting stats is that its a stupid thing to do, you evaluate players on what they have done, not what they might do in the future if everything goes right.

Put up a list of scrawny read option QBs that didn't eventually get exposed in the NFL. At least RG3 was talented enough to win some games before being exposed as a fraud. Mariota only took 5 games. Can't throw it deep. Can't win home games. Can't take care of the football.

BUST
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Working on a master's degree currently, but you don't really care. I'm sure you're just trying to be condescending because you didn't see how Bortles' play in the 4th quarter of the Texans game and 2nd half of the Colts game cost the team what should have been wins.

Bortles is the best player on this team. Period. If Henne were QB, this team would lose every game by 25 plus.

Quote:Bortles>Manning>Favre>Montana !?

Something doesn't look right with your equation ..... oh, I think I got it.

Fixed

Bortles > Montana > Manning > Farve

Quote:Oh! ThunderBuns is back. You were so quiet for a couple weeks there...

I've been here the whole time. Again what is bortles w/l record? Since we're comparing him to manning what were the records from year one to year two. We'll be waiting? I don't think you have guts to be honest.

I'm about to post about our defense and why we lose......baconator will become educated in another thread in about 30 minutes......hold tight.

Quote:Whats bortles w/l stats?
4-15 as a starter.

Considering the team around him....

not as terrible as the record would suggest.

Gabs was 5-27 (give or take a game for my bad math)

Quote:Bortles is the best player on this team. Period. If Henne were QB, this team would lose every game by 25 plus.

This is obvious, imagine if he had a running game and competent defense.

Quote:Working on a master's degree currently, but you don't really care. I'm sure you're just trying to be condescending because you didn't see how Bortles' play in the 4th quarter of the Texans game and 2nd half of the Colts game cost the team what should have been wins.

You need to actually watch the game, rather than just read stats after watching Mariota lose to the fish. The Toxins game was lost when the DEFENSE gave up two TDs after Bortles gave us the lead. True Bortles then threw a pick 6 (because Thomas ran the wrong route == coaching failure) but the Jags were already in desperation mode when that happened.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:I've been here the whole time. Again what is bortles w/l record? Since we're comparing him to manning what were the records from year one to year two. We'll be waiting? I don't think you have guts to be honest.
everyone knows Mannings second season was only 3 loss.

He also had a way better team

he also was a way better QB at that time

people bring up such things, not to say so and so is the same, but to point to instances in time where bad early didn't mean bad forever.

Bortles hasn't finished his second season and many believe that the team is held back in the W/L column by coaching, scheme, and a lack of defensive talent.....

Not Bortles

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2015, 03:30 PM by CSO14.)

How can you throw out projected stats like that? What a joke.

Blake is projected to get 34 TDs? I'll believe that when I see it, and I'm a Bortles supporter.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:You need to actually watch the game, rather than just read stats after watching Mariota lose to the fish. The Toxins game was lost when the DEFENSE gave up two TDs after Bortles gave us the lead. True Bortles then threw a pick 6 (because Thomas ran the wrong route == coaching failure) but the Jags were already in desperation mode when that happened.

The team was down a single possession after that TD by Hopkins. If he panics and goes into desperation mode in that situation when there was still a lot of football left to be played, what makes you think he can handle the adversity of being a winning NFL QB?

Quote:The team was down a single possession after that TD by Hopkins. If he panics and goes into desperation mode in that situation when there was still a lot of football left to be played, what makes you think he can handle the adversity of being a winning NFL QB?
Dude.... he isn't a 4 year starter.... he was making his 19th start... 

he made a stupid mistake, he hasn't done it every game... we aren't losing because of him....

The D still gave up too much.

I wish we could stop comparing players to Peyton Manning.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:I've been here the whole time. Again what is bortles w/l record? Since we're comparing him to manning what were the records from year one to year two. We'll be waiting? I don't think you have guts to be honest.

Its funny to see you stoop so low as to completely disregard how terrible the team around him is because you are so desperately beholden to trying to prove some idiotic preconceived notion right.

You want to see Blake fail and it is hilarious to watch you squirm.

Blake's W/L is not good. Obviously it is all his fault and has nothing to do with the league's worst running game, defense, and head coach.

Btw you have the most perfect avatar on this board. Vince Vaughn always plays such a bumbling idiot- it fits your posting history remarkably well.

2000 Garbage yards doesn't mean he's better than Manning.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:The team was down a single possession after that TD by Hopkins. If he panics and goes into desperation mode in that situation when there was still a lot of football left to be played, what makes you think he can handle the adversity of being a winning NFL QB?
Did Bortles run the wrong route?  That was on JT, not Bortles.

Absolutely Bortles should be held to his W/L record. His failure to cover Hopkins yesterday stands out like a sore thumb, and he really should have made those field goals against the clots.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Did Bortles run the wrong route?  That was on JT, not Bortles.

Did Bortles make a catch in traffic, make a move in the open field score a long TD? He still gets credit for the TD there. We can play that silly game all day long. 

Quote:Absolutely Bortles should be held to his W/L record. His failure to cover Hopkins yesterday stands out like a sore thumb, and he really should have made those field goals against the clots.

How about the pick 6 and multiple INTs when the game was within reach? How about the fact he only completed 1/6 passes to set up the FG in OT? You don't think that was important to the outcome of those games?

Quote:Absolutely Bortles should be held to his W/L record. His failure to cover Hopkins yesterday stands out like a sore thumb, and he really should have made those field goals against the clots.

Not to mention every time he bottles up a RB in the backfield only to have said RB still fall for 6 yards EVERY TIME.