Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dissatisfied fans

Quote:As are Mathis and Daryl Smith.
This too.  Good catch.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Oh look fbt and jagsibelieve are message board spooning. How cute.

Quote:Oh look fbt and jagsibelieve are message board spooning. How cute.
:whistling: :whistling: :whistling: You don't have to be lonely, at farmers only dot com...

As Peyton "Jughead" Manning might say... "I like it!"

Quote:There is NO assurance that firing Gus or whatever is going to improve matters. Yes, other teams have turned a 180 with a new coach. However, I would contend that those teams for the most part are older and have a few well-established stars. Really, what Caldwell and Gus have done hasn't been done before (except for the expansion teams) and it isn't fair comparing us to us and the Panthers at our mutual inception because there were several advantages in draft choices and salary caps given to our teams. To the point that when Cleveland got the Browns, they didn't get those advantages...and they stunk for a while. Still?

I'm VERY confident that the likelihood that a coaching change would improve matters is approaching 100%. The Jags have a lot of good players. There is no excuse for being 1-4 at this point.

The Cleveland Browns were 7-9 in their 3rd year. That was after their top picks in their first three drafts, including the #1 overall pick in the first two drafts and the #3 overall pick in the 3rd year, were all busts. Are the reconstituted Cleveland Browns the team the you think Jags should be compared to? Really?

Should we be happy to have a team? Sure. Should Jags fans be satisfied with a team that can't win against the dregs of the NFL?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Oh look.  School let out for the youngsters.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Oh look.  School let out for the youngsters.
Ouch. Sick burn brother. :thumbsup:

I said years ago that Gus was the wrong HC for the Jags. its not just this year. I said it when Jags hired him. He was wrong guy for the job. that was even before the team had a 0-8 start his first year.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We are DOOMED!!!

DOOMED I TELL YOU!

Remarkable. Sorry I used so many words to the ADD folks. Thanks, Bullseye for the reminder of Shack's choices still playing. More than I remembered. So, Smith was the real problem. As far as the comparison to Cleveland being good or bad, it just is. As to most of the rest of the comments (specifically excluding FBT and Stigma and a couple of others...) I rest my case. Enjoy your misery and sense of entitlement.

Jim

Just a broke-down old college OT...

Quote:I don't post very often here. I do read what folks are saying regularly. Sometimes it is informative. Occasionally uplifting. Often annoying. But everyone has, as they say, a take. Take this as nothing more than an observation.

It is a rare day that this fanbase is happy with this team. Really that goes way back (I've been a fan and season ticket owner back to the inception of this team). Even during the halcyon days of playoffs and just this close to the Super Bowl, there's always been a drumbeat of negativity. This player or that player just plain stinks...or this coach or that coach has no idea what they are doing.

And of course, the latest era has garnered the lion's share of disapproval. Clearly, given the record, Gus's Bus is running on a couple-three flat tires. So now, this fan or that fan...or many fans...are calling for him to be fired. Oh yeah, and while we are at it, fire Caldwell, fire (insert multiple player's names) too. Goodness knows the record makes this idea sensible. 

Or not. Consider. Gene Smith had a terrible record drafting. Are ANY of his first round picks still in football? Actually, any of Shack Harris' guys? I realize that time comes into play on Harris, but my point should be clear. Smith's drafting was execrable, and Caldwell had an awful "core" to start with. We've now had three Caldwell drafts, and he's looking pretty good. No Pro Bowlers...but let's face it, that is a little #becausejaguars. We have two excellent wide receivers, with another who may well be pretty good if he gets healthy. We have a QB that is increasingly looking at being THAT guy. Running back, a few OL, perhaps some defenders. Some of the defensive potential has been obfuscated by injuries. Let us accept that there has clearly been an improvement in the personnel (heck, some guys are saying that we are better than most everyone). And Caldwell got there by starting at pretty much zero. 

And we were told that the record would suffer. And goodness gracious, it has. Which leads us to now. There is a basso-profundo rumble that given his record Gus needs to go. And perhaps he should. And as you peruse threads on this board, this player or that player needs to be fired too. If everyone was fired when the vocal fanbase on this board called for their heads, we would be without our coaching staff, our Quarterback, and, what, half of our starters?

My point, and I do have a point...Abe Lincoln said: "a person is about as happy as they have a mind to be." I would suggest the converse of this applies as well...you can be as unhappy as you choose to be. We have an NFL team There are some players on that team that are just plain fun to watch. Sundays in the stadium are great fun. Less fun when we lose, but there are still a lot of neat moments. While the team is "built" it is a ways from being a cohesive pretty close to perfect whole. There has been absolute improvement. One field goal (of two) which was just a little to the left, and we beat the clots. The game against the Bucs was awful...except our offense shone for the first time, really. Which was fun to watch. 

There is NO assurance that firing Gus or whatever is going to improve matters. Yes, other teams have turned a 180 with a new coach. However, I would contend that those teams for the most part are older and have a few well-established stars. Really, what Caldwell and Gus have done hasn't been done before (except for the expansion teams) and it isn't fair comparing us to us and the Panthers at our mutual inception because there were several advantages in draft choices and salary caps given to our teams. To the point that when Cleveland got the Browns, they didn't get those advantages...and they stunk for a while. Still?

Perhaps this new thing needs to be allowed to run its course. Firing everybody is most likely a step back. Let it play through and see what happens. Of course, the fan base pouting about players or coaches most likely has no impact on the decisions made by the owner. And, oh, by the way, folks who want to fire the owner are...misguided. He owns the team. He can't be fired. And your pouting makes you miserable. And of course, that's your choice. But do you really want to be miserable? If you do, carry on. And regardless, have a good day.

Jim

Words of wisdom. Personally, I don't care if they go unheeded by the fan base, because my guess is Khan agrees with you, and that's the only opinion that matters.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Is there a difference between a dissatisfied fan and a dissapointed fan or are they just about the same thing?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: You don't have to be lonely, at farmers only dot com...

That's irony, right there.

Do you two have anything to offer on-topic? Is there anything to be gained from firing Gus right now beyond giving the lynch mob reason to disperse?

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:That's irony, right there.

Do you two have anything to offer on-topic? Is there anything to be gained from firing Gus right now beyond giving the lynch mob reason to disperse?
I simply said the same people who defended Gene Smith are the people that are defending Gus Bradley. Whadda ya know... here comes rollerjag.

The OP said that Gene was the problem... seems pretty on topic to me. Not my fault FBT wanted to pull the thread off topic.

What can be gained from keeping him? With all of this talk about the "improvements" we've made, you dont think that MAYBE, just MAYBE... it might be the coaching?

Quote:I simply said the same people who defended Gene Smith are the people that are defending Gus Bradley. Whadda ya know... here comes rollerjag.

The OP said that Gene was the problem... seems pretty on topic to me. Not my fault FBT wanted to pull the thread off topic.

What can be gained from keeping him? With all of this talk about the "improvements" we've made, you dont think that MAYBE, just MAYBE... it might be the coaching?

You look at the situation, is it really beneficial to fire the coach in the middle of the season? Can you back up your logic with facts and say, show me when an interim head coach works versus the amount of times it doesn't? I'm throwing you a bone here to see if you can sit at the adult table.

Quote:Words of wisdom. Personally, I don't care if they go unheeded by the fan base, because my guess is Khan agrees with you, and that's the only opinion that matters.

If Gus is still the HC after this season, we better have 7 wins...

I doubt we get to 7 wins though...  Which means Gus is not a good coach...  Considering how this season and the schedule is playing out, there's no excuse for the record we currently have.  But hey, if he can win 6 out of the next 11 games, I'm willing to consider keeping him 1 more year.

As for Dave Caldwell, he's doing a really good job of creating a playoff caliber team.  A better head coach would have us leading this division RIGHT NOW...  Let that sink in...

Quote:That's irony, right there.

I don't remember saying they should fire him right now.

I want wins and good football. This team has yet to provide that in 8 close to 9 seasons.

This team has had a top ten pick in the draft for 8 straight seasons. EIGHT.

They are in the top 3 teams with the highest cap space.

But yet we continually suck. It sucks for Bradley, but if you don't have results you get fired.

Oh well.

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2015, 10:06 PM by Joe.)

Quote:You look at the situation, is it really beneficial to fire the coach in the middle of the season? Can you back up your logic with facts and say, show me when an interim head coach works versus the amount of times it doesn't? I'm throwing you a bone here to see if you can sit at the adult table.
Yes, let me file through decades of NFL coaches to compare how many times an interim coach works versus the amount of time it doesn't. Can you back up your logic with facts showing where a coach with an 8-29 record went on to be successful?

Here are some names for you;

Jason Garrett

Art Shell

Marty Shottenheimer

Raymond Berry

Jeff Fisher

Marv Levy

There are some interim coaches that worked out. Worked out VERY well at that. Oh yea, with the exception of Marv Levy who took control of his team at week 9, those coaches took over at or before mid season.

But I guess you guys are right, lets keep Gus because its clearly working so well. Maybe by the end of the season he'll match our own previous interim head coach Mel Tucker's win total!

Thanks for the bone brother! You can keep your [BLEEP] "adult" table though lol.

Anyone else feel like it got a bit chee up in here?
Only a chump boos the home team!

I am not satisfied of the Jacksonville Jaguars nor should I be. I'm 21 years old. I have been a die hard Jaguars fan since I started watching football at 7 years old. Every year I get excited for another season of Jags football. I get my hopes up for a better season. After  bad season I think wait til next year. I am done waiting. I feel as if this team has let me down. All the times I have stuck up for the Jags and this is what we get?

It is great to have a team in Jacksonville. It be greater if they actually played football! Enough is enough. I feel terrible for Blake Bortles. If he were on an actual team with good coaching he might be great. With the Jags he's just damaged goods.  Ever since 2008 the Jaguars have been awful. Until they get an actual head coach this team is terrible. This team will stink until then. We  beat ourselves two weeks in a row!