Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dissatisfied fans

I don't post very often here. I do read what folks are saying regularly. Sometimes it is informative. Occasionally uplifting. Often annoying. But everyone has, as they say, a take. Take this as nothing more than an observation.

It is a rare day that this fanbase is happy with this team. Really that goes way back (I've been a fan and season ticket owner back to the inception of this team). Even during the halcyon days of playoffs and just this close to the Super Bowl, there's always been a drumbeat of negativity. This player or that player just plain stinks...or this coach or that coach has no idea what they are doing.

And of course, the latest era has garnered the lion's share of disapproval. Clearly, given the record, Gus's Bus is running on a couple-three flat tires. So now, this fan or that fan...or many fans...are calling for him to be fired. Oh yeah, and while we are at it, fire Caldwell, fire (insert multiple player's names) too. Goodness knows the record makes this idea sensible. 

Or not. Consider. Gene Smith had a terrible record drafting. Are ANY of his first round picks still in football? Actually, any of Shack Harris' guys? I realize that time comes into play on Harris, but my point should be clear. Smith's drafting was execrable, and Caldwell had an awful "core" to start with. We've now had three Caldwell drafts, and he's looking pretty good. No Pro Bowlers...but let's face it, that is a little #becausejaguars. We have two excellent wide receivers, with another who may well be pretty good if he gets healthy. We have a QB that is increasingly looking at being THAT guy. Running back, a few OL, perhaps some defenders. Some of the defensive potential has been obfuscated by injuries. Let us accept that there has clearly been an improvement in the personnel (heck, some guys are saying that we are better than most everyone). And Caldwell got there by starting at pretty much zero. 

And we were told that the record would suffer. And goodness gracious, it has. Which leads us to now. There is a basso-profundo rumble that given his record Gus needs to go. And perhaps he should. And as you peruse threads on this board, this player or that player needs to be fired too. If everyone was fired when the vocal fanbase on this board called for their heads, we would be without our coaching staff, our Quarterback, and, what, half of our starters?

My point, and I do have a point...Abe Lincoln said: "a person is about as happy as they have a mind to be." I would suggest the converse of this applies as well...you can be as unhappy as you choose to be. We have an NFL team There are some players on that team that are just plain fun to watch. Sundays in the stadium are great fun. Less fun when we lose, but there are still a lot of neat moments. While the team is "built" it is a ways from being a cohesive pretty close to perfect whole. There has been absolute improvement. One field goal (of two) which was just a little to the left, and we beat the clots. The game against the Bucs was awful...except our offense shone for the first time, really. Which was fun to watch. 

There is NO assurance that firing Gus or whatever is going to improve matters. Yes, other teams have turned a 180 with a new coach. However, I would contend that those teams for the most part are older and have a few well-established stars. Really, what Caldwell and Gus have done hasn't been done before (except for the expansion teams) and it isn't fair comparing us to us and the Panthers at our mutual inception because there were several advantages in draft choices and salary caps given to our teams. To the point that when Cleveland got the Browns, they didn't get those advantages...and they stunk for a while. Still?

Perhaps this new thing needs to be allowed to run its course. Firing everybody is most likely a step back. Let it play through and see what happens. Of course, the fan base pouting about players or coaches most likely has no impact on the decisions made by the owner. And, oh, by the way, folks who want to fire the owner are...misguided. He owns the team. He can't be fired. And your pouting makes you miserable. And of course, that's your choice. But do you really want to be miserable? If you do, carry on. And regardless, have a good day.

Jim

Just a broke-down old college OT...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That you Gus? We just got smacked around by THE BUCS. I think fans have a right to be a little pissed off.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Accountability.

"It's built"

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Quote:I don't post very often here. I do read what folks are saying regularly. Sometimes it is informative. Occasionally uplifting. Often annoying. But everyone has, as they say, a take. Take this as nothing more than an observation.

It is a rare day that this fanbase is happy with this team. Really that goes way back (I've been a fan and season ticket owner back to the inception of this team). Even during the halcyon days of playoffs and just this close to the Super Bowl, there's always been a drumbeat of negativity. This player or that player just plain stinks...or this coach or that coach has no idea what they are doing.

And of course, the latest era has garnered the lion's share of disapproval. Clearly, given the record, Gus's Bus is running on a couple-three flat tires. So now, this fan or that fan...or many fans...are calling for him to be fired. Oh yeah, and while we are at it, fire Caldwell, fire (insert multiple player's names) too. Goodness knows the record makes this idea sensible. 

Or not. Consider. Gene Smith had a terrible record drafting. Are ANY of his first round picks still in football? Actually, any of Shack Harris' guys? I realize that time comes into play on Harris, but my point should be clear. Smith's drafting was execrable, and Caldwell had an awful "core" to start with. We've now had three Caldwell drafts, and he's looking pretty good. No Pro Bowlers...but let's face it, that is a little #becausejaguars. We have two excellent wide receivers, with another who may well be pretty good if he gets healthy. We have a QB that is increasingly looking at being THAT guy. Running back, a few OL, perhaps some defenders. Some of the defensive potential has been obfuscated by injuries. Let us accept that there has clearly been an improvement in the personnel (heck, some guys are saying that we are better than most everyone). And Caldwell got there by starting at pretty much zero. 

And we were told that the record would suffer. And goodness gracious, it has. Which leads us to now. There is a basso-profundo rumble that given his record Gus needs to go. And perhaps he should. And as you peruse threads on this board, this player or that player needs to be fired too. If everyone was fired when the vocal fanbase on this board called for their heads, we would be without our coaching staff, our Quarterback, and, what, half of our starters?

My point, and I do have a point...Abe Lincoln said: "a person is about as happy as they have a mind to be." I would suggest the converse of this applies as well...you can be as unhappy as you choose to be. We have an NFL team There are some players on that team that are just plain fun to watch. Sundays in the stadium are great fun. Less fun when we lose, but there are still a lot of neat moments. While the team is "built" it is a ways from being a cohesive pretty close to perfect whole. There has been absolute improvement. One field goal (of two) which was just a little to the left, and we beat the clots. The game against the Bucs was awful...except our offense shone for the first time, really. Which was fun to watch. 

There is NO assurance that firing Gus or whatever is going to improve matters. Yes, other teams have turned a 180 with a new coach. However, I would contend that those teams for the most part are older and have a few well-established stars. Really, what Caldwell and Gus have done hasn't been done before (except for the expansion teams) and it isn't fair comparing us to us and the Panthers at our mutual inception because there were several advantages in draft choices and salary caps given to our teams. To the point that when Cleveland got the Browns, they didn't get those advantages...and they stunk for a while. Still?

Perhaps this new thing needs to be allowed to run its course. Firing everybody is most likely a step back. Let it play through and see what happens. Of course, the fan base pouting about players or coaches most likely has no impact on the decisions made by the owner. And, oh, by the way, folks who want to fire the owner are...misguided. He owns the team. He can't be fired. And your pouting makes you miserable. And of course, that's your choice. But do you really want to be miserable? If you do, carry on. And regardless, have a good day.

Jim

Great post. 

Unfortunately, the pitchfork and torch crowd is just going to be confused by your words because you're not howling like a jilted school girl for someone to be fired.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

The people defending Gus Bradley are the same people that defended Gene Smith.

Quote:The people defending Gus Bradley are the same people that defended Gene Smith.
Exhibit A.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Exhibit A.
Lol dont let him talk about your precious Gene Smith like that man.

Quote:Lol dont let him talk about your precious Gene Smith like that man.
When I try to imagine you posting on this board, I see a monkey in a diaper, jamming his hand down the backside, grabbing a little brain matter, pulling it out, giving it a good sniff, then tossing it at the wall.  Amirite?

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2015, 06:01 PM by Joe.)

Quote:When I try to imagine you posting on this board, I see a monkey in a diaper, jamming his hand down the backside, grabbing a little brain matter, pulling it out, giving it a good sniff, then tossing it at the wall.  Amirite?
When I try to imagine someone who has SIXTY THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED AND FORTY posts, I see a really fat, bald dude in a mustard stained wife beater, jamming his hand down the FRONTSIDE of his pants, hoping his next date on FarmersOnly.com pays off.

How close am I? BTW Im not sure about Jaguar Message board moderators, but monkey's brains are actually in their heads, not their [BAD WORD REMOVED].

Actually that' explains alot about you now that I think about it...

Quote:I don't post very often here. I do read what folks are saying regularly. Sometimes it is informative. Occasionally uplifting. Often annoying. But everyone has, as they say, a take. Take this as nothing more than an observation.

Jim

Very logical post.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:When I try to imagine someone who has SIXTY THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED AND FORTY posts, I see a really fat, bald dude in a mustard stained wife beater, jamming his hand down the FRONTSIDE of his pants, hoping his next date on FarmersOnly.com pays off.

How close am I?

Really intelligent post (not).  I do wonder though, why do you try to imagine about somebody on the board?  Could it be that you might have a "thing" for really fat bald dudes?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:When I try to imagine you posting on this board, I see a monkey in a diaper, jamming his hand down the backside, grabbing a little brain matter, pulling it out, giving it a good sniff, then tossing it at the wall. Amirite?

Awesome!!!!!

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2015, 05:18 PM by Joe.)

Quote:Really intelligent post (not). I do wonder though, why do you try to imagine about somebody on the board? Could it be that you might have a "thing" for really fat bald dudes?
And this post is intelligent? Not really a shocker.

Does that mean FBT has a thing for crap throwing monkeys in diapers?

Oh I see, you must be the date from FarmersOnly.com I was talking about. I'm sure yall two will be able to overcome your intellectual issues and become a beautiful couple. Pretty impressive you're able to show such loyalty by standing up for your man already.

Quote:When I try to imagine you posting on this board, I see a monkey in a diaper, jamming his hand down the backside, grabbing a little brain matter, pulling it out, giving it a good sniff, then tossing it at the wall.  Amirite?
When I see your posts, I've given up the expectation that you might contribute.  Since you struggle to formulate thoughts, you resort every time to pompous insults.  Seriously, what's your deal?  Is your life so bad that you can't for one day be polite and a decent human being?  All I've read today is threads being derailed by your insults. 

I agree with JagJim

Jim

You post a lot of words which acts adversely with my A.D.D.   Can you condense what you stated into 50 words or less? 

#ADD-Lives-Matter

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2015, 05:23 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

Jim this is the Jaguars MB.  No true happiness is ever found here overall, even the parties after a victory have only a 20 to 25 guest max on Sunday nights.  Enjoy each emotional moment with the Jags for yourself and with your family and friends because it's hell over here son lol.  I love gamedays every week and even after the loss to TB, i admit i was p***d off.   Its a new week, same coach and same players so hopefully they can give me a reason to celebrate this week and build more hope for a better future with less and less holes to fill.

Quote:That you Gus? We just got smacked around by THE BUCS. I think fans have a right to be a little [BAD WORD REMOVED] off.
are you a fan or do you just have that Garrard avatar for a muse.  Just wondering.  if you want to know why, i'll let you know after you answer and copy and paste my multiple reasons for the question. 

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Jim
As to the point in bold, Shack Harris' picks are still playing.

Marcedes Lewis and Reggie Nelson are still playing/starting.  IIRC, Khalif Barnes is still on the Raiders, and Justin Durant is still around.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:As to the point in bold, Shack Harris' picks are still playing.

Marcedes Lewis and Reggie Nelson are still playing/starting.  IIRC, Khalif Barnes is still on the Raiders, and Justin Durant is still around.

As are Mathis and Daryl Smith.