Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Brian Walters

I like Walters. One of the few players on the team I found myself actually saying "Oh, okay, he did his job."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

How long until the usual suspects consider him a #1 receiver? lol.

Quote:How long until the usual suspects consider him a #1 receiver? lol.

How much longer are you gonna believe the sky is falling?

Quote:How much longer are you gonna believe the sky is falling?

Falling indicates there is still room for it to fall. It has fallen.

He suits up every week, gets open, catches balls. What's not to like?

Quote:I wasn't laughing a couple of weeks ago, but if you were one of the people labeling Walters as a deep threat in the preseason, I probably laughed at you then.

Lol. No, I wouldn't go that far as trying to label him as a deep threat or #1or2 WR. Nah,, a few weeks ago I mentioned putting him on the field a few times a game as a possession receiver. The "usual suspects" got a good laugh out of that one.

A guy that catches just about everything thrown at him should be on the field at the very minimum during 3rd and longs.

Quote:Yup. Been saying it for a while. He's a dependable possesion guy a few times a game when a conversion is badly needed. The guy catches just about everything so far this year. He's not gonna be our go-to star. But really, what does it hurt to have a guy that catches anything near him be on the field a few important plays a game?

I just got laughed at a couple weeks ago.

I thought people overreacted to him being cut, but will give credit where due.  He has not dropped a catch and is extremely dependable.  I think that is important for a QB.

Quote:Falling indicates there is still room for it to fall. It has fallen.

Okay, so we are at the very, very bottom.  Does that mean we are no longer able to discuss football or should we just relocate as you suggested?

Allen, Allen and Walters is a good core.

Quote:Allen, Allen and Walters is a good core.
Sounds like a good law firm too.

I like Allen, Allen, Lee and Walters better,  It may make Jacksonville better in the long run.  But receivers are the VERY LEAST of our worries, thus far...

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2015, 07:53 AM by Ordar.)

Walters is exactly the type of player that Brady would love, and make a star. He's reliable, runs good routes and gets open.

This stinks.

Bortles looks for him because he knows how to get open and he catches the ball.

He's got your typical Julian Edleman/ Wes Welker look and feel to him. He's more quick than fast and more physical than finesse. I like him. He's a good option until Lee comes back.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

He's a slow guy but he has sure hands!

Quote:And why was he he released? He catches everything sent his way. Too many 3rd and 4th stringers more worthy of cutting.

The plan was to go with Arrelious Benn who was more of a true split end with speed capable of substituting for Marquis Lee, but that plan went out the window when Benn went on IR after breaking his clavicle in the preseason.

'02