Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Brian Walters

And why was he he released? He catches everything sent his way. Too many 3rd and 4th stringers more worthy of cutting.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Like I was saying in another thread he's the guy who has surprised me the most through preseason and the few times he plays: He's always open and hasn't had a single drop. 

With hindsight he should have had more playing time than Greene on those first few games and it's clearly a reliable receiver so far.

Ya he is very solid in the slot.

he should be our permanent slot guy. All else fails, he's going to catch it.

I think he gets ignored by a lot of backfields, he seems to get open and boy he sure comes up with the ball most every time he's thrown to.

I've liked him since the last preseason game.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

He's not big and he's not fast, but if you put it within a yard of him, he'll catch it. Perfect possession guy in the slot.

Nickname, white eagle, because he snatches the football in the air.

More chance of Greene being picked up on waivers. Walters had already cleared waivers once so they went with Greene.

Yeah, I was pretty impressed with Walters since the preseason.  He's got good hands.  I'm glad he's been given the opportunity to show what he's got.  

Quote:Yeah, I was pretty impressed with Walters since the preseason.  He's got good hands.  I'm glad he's been given the opportunity to show what he's got.  

Knowing Gus, they put him on the practice squad in a couple weeks...

He is white, not very shifty or fast so people under estimate him. He is the definition of a guy with amazing fundamentals. I like him. He will catch the ball every time.
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Wait, what? When did they release him?

They cut him after the game?  Because he caught passes today lol

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015101104...e=boxscore

Mini-Edelman.

Quote:They cut him after the game? Because he caught passes today lol

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015101104/2015/REG5/jaguars@buccaneers?icampaign=GamePass_ScoreStrip_watch#menu=gamepass&tab=analyze&analyze=boxscore'>http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015101104/2015/REG5/jaguars@buccaneers?icampaign=GamePass_ScoreStrip_watch#menu=gamepass&tab=analyze&analyze=boxscore</a>

I think they are just saying he was cut before Greene got hurt in week 1 or whenever.

He's like julius thomas he can run routes and sit in the soft zones. Unlike thomas he's a small target. Good enough for the slot.

He played well.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

The guy should get more passes thrown his way.

Yup. Been saying it for a while. He's a dependable possesion guy a few times a game when a conversion is badly needed. The guy catches just about everything so far this year. He's not gonna be our go-to star. But really, what does it hurt to have a guy that catches anything near him be on the field a few important plays a game?

I just got laughed at a couple weeks ago.

Quote:Yup. Been saying it for a while. He's a dependable possesion guy a few times a game when a conversion is badly needed. The guy catches just about everything so far this year. He's not gonna be our go-to star. But really, what does it hurt to have a guy that catches anything near him be on the field a few important plays a game?

I just got laughed at a couple weeks ago.
I wasn't laughing a couple of weeks ago, but if you were one of the people labeling Walters as a deep threat in the preseason, I probably laughed at you then.