Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
BB vs Winston

Quote:Of course every QB has defenders drop INTs. That was my point, that EVERY QB has tipped passes that become INTs that aren't their fault, WR running bad routes or dropping passes, poor pass protection, and everything else. The point is sometimes you have to call it for what it is, and Bortles is not very good. The fact that he is even being reasonably compared to a rookie (who looks like an obvious bust) doesn't speak well of his ability and performance.

lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yeah - every QB has that and has drops from their own WRs...I mean just 2 weeks ago Winston's WRs probably had 10 drops.

Bortles looks much better this year than last year and just overall when watching him (like pocket presence, etc.).  Hopefully he continues to improve.

Yup thats the thing, Bortles pocket presence has been on another level this year, to the point of people now saying he should look to run more

Right now the middle of the field options are just not there, J.Thomas, Lee, and D-Rob, those are the guys who will catch those easy passes

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Man, it's only Wednesday? Wish I had a time machine

And then you have MM...

Yards             833

Attempts        97

Comp             61

Comp %        62.9%

Avg                8.6

Yds/Game     278

TDs                8

INTs               2

Sacks            12

Rating            109.2

We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Winston might be worse than Bortles was as a rookie. Winson, like Bortles last season, has employed the "chuck it and pray" strategy.

This season, Bortles is clearly the better quarterback.

Quote:And then you have MM...

Yards             833

Attempts        97

Comp             61

Comp %        62.9%

Avg                8.6

Yds/Game     278

TDs                8

INTs               2

Sacks            12

Rating            109.2
Take away the TB game, you're left with 4 touchdowns and 5 turnovers the last 2 games.

Quote:Winston might be worse than Bortles was as a rookie. Winson, like Bortles last season, has employed the "chuck it and pray" strategy.

This season, Bortles is clearly the better quarterback.
USA today's sports weekly game breakdown had a few comments on this.Talks about Bortles being able to lower the turnovers this year.

Quote:Yeah - every QB has that and has drops from their own WRs...I mean just 2 weeks ago Winston's WRs probably had 10 drops.

Bortles looks much better this year than last year and just overall when watching him (like pocket presence, etc.).  Hopefully he continues to improve.

Just for the record, we have over twice as many dropped passes as Tampa Bay does (11 vs 5).

Quote:Just for the record, we have over twice as many dropped passes as Tampa Bay does (11 vs 5).

I think on one drive in the Patriots game we had 3 or 4. And I wonder if the touchdown that went through Grant's hands counts as a drop.

Quote:I've seen/heard a lot about Winston not being very good and that should help the Jags win this weekend.  However, the stats are very similar for both players.  I don't think either team has a real advantage over the other.

BB                Winston

Passing Yards           996                  965

Attempts                   156                   133

Completions              85                    73

Compl %                   54.5                  54.9

Average                   6.4                    7.3

Yards/Game             249                  241.2

TDs                           6                        6

INTs                           3                        7

Sacks                        8                        9

Rating                      78.9                   71.2

The key stat is the difference in turnovers. Including fumbles lost, Winston turns the ball over 167% more than Bortles (8 vs. 3).

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2015, 04:42 PM by unf_nashvillian.)

So let's carve off 33% of the games...whatever.  MM is definitely a rookie, but playing well.  Certainly outplaying BB and JW.

We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2015, 04:46 PM by Tuxedo.)

Quote:I think on one drive in the Patriots game we had 3 or 4. And I wonder if the touchdown that went through Grant's hands counts as a drop.

I couldn't find Grant's passes dropped since he's not on the leaderboard, but as a team we're second in the league in dropped passes.

Rashad Greene is tied for 2nd in dropped passes and both Harbor and Lewis are tied for 10th.

Edit: Grant is credited with one drop. I'm guessing it was that dropped touchdown since I don't any others drops by him.

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2015, 04:54 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

The 2nd half of games have been terrible for BB

1st half

49 for 76 for 580 yards 4 tds 1 int  QBR = 99.7

2nd half

35 for 74 for 402 yards 2 tds 2 ints  QBR = 61.9

THIS IS WHERE I THINK THE COACHES (GUS) GO INTO CLAMP DOWN MODE AND TRY WIN WIN GAMES VIA FIELD POSITION --- OUR HALFTIME STRATEGY SUCKS !!

situational stats below

http://www.nfl.com/player/blakebortles/2...ionalstats

Quote:So let's carve off 33% of the games...whatever. MM is definitely a rookie, but playing well. Certainly outplaying BB and JW.

You're crying because of a reduction of sample size, yet you are touting your qb as the playing so much better than bb5 based on a very small sample size to begin with.

I'm sure you never took a stats class, but trust me, you sound really stupid right now. Any ways, carry on...

^Actually I did. In fact I took 2, and they were at a FL school.  Maybe that's part of the problem? 

I just compared 2015 numbers for all 3 players and MM has much better numbers than either of the other 2.  Seems fair, no?

Quote:^Actually I did. In fact I took 2, and they were at a FL school.  Maybe that's part of the problem? 

I just compared 2015 numbers for all 3 players and MM has much better numbers than either of the other 2.  Seems fair, no?

News flash:

This thread is not about the stinking tacks or their QB.

A rookie vs a QB with a full season under his belt..

Should be BB, hands down..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Compare Winston to Luck this year... then tell me Luck is still better than Blake.

He is, but this numbers game doesn't tell the whole story. The "rookie to a second year QB" argument is dumb.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

"Looks at the Bucs WR depth chart, looks at the Jags WR depth chart."

Could it be possible the Bucs have (much) better WRs that are propping up Winston, while Blake in some ways has been dragged down by the guys he's throwing to? My eyes tell me Blake is the better QB.

Quote:^Actually I did. In fact I took 2, and they were at a FL school. Maybe that's part of the problem?

I just compared 2015 numbers for all 3 players and MM has much better numbers than either of the other 2. Seems fair, no?

Don't blame to school for your lack of intelligence. I could care less what numbers you are propping up. Someone mentioned the fact that your boy had an outlier that skewed the numbers. You cried that it lowered the sample size. I pointed out that the sample size is already ridiculously low, inferring that your boy has only played a few games...

If I recall you are the one saying that your boy is better than Janis and bb5. I'm saying he's only played 3 games, and you may want to wait a couple months before anointing him.

But hey, do you