Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bryan Walters Re-Signed, Rashad Greene on IR with Designation to Return

WOOHOO!!!!

"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

With Greene out I'd like to see Grant on punt returns
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Refresh my memory, but was it Walters that caught everything thrown his was in the 2nd (or maybe it was the 3rd) preseason game?

I thought there was one wr that we thought had a better preseason than Greene... I can't remember that far back

Hays Carlyon@HaysCarlyonJaguars blog: Rookie WR Rashad Greene goes on short-term IR after thumb surgery, team signs WR Bryan Walters. ow.ly/Sxiys

<p style="margin-left:60px;font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);"> 

<p style="margin-left:60px;font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/spor.../72628908/

<p style="margin-left:60px;font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">JACKSONVILLE, Fla.- The Jacksonville Jaguars made a move at wide receiver on Tuesday.

<p style="margin-left:60px;font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">The team placed rookie wide receiver Rashad Greene on injured reserve - designated to return with a thumb injury. Greene underwent successful surgery on the digit on Tuesday morning. He will be eligible to return to practice on Nov. 3.

<p style="margin-left:60px;font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Greene, Florida State's all-time leading receiver, caught seven passes for 28 yards and a touchdown in the Jaguars first two games.

<p style="margin-left:60px;font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">The team re-signed wide receiver Bryan Walters in a corresponding move. Walters was waived last week to make room for cornerback Peyton Thompson. The veteran receiver caught two passes for 17 yards in Week 1.

Nick Marshall is another guy they've used to return.  They'll be fine there.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:He's raw. If they thought he was ready to step up, he'd be on the roster. He looked like a project coming into this thing, and my hope is that he develops quickly because he's got good hands and great size to be a punishing receiver.

I agree. They drafted him for a reason. I was thinking he might have made the roster, but they just didn't have room on the 53 man roster. I really liked the little that I saw of him. He could really be a mismatch for a lot of defenders.

I liked how Walters played in preseason and he was a primary target for Henne. I'm not saying he will  beat out Rashad while he is out but I think he will do just fine at the slot position. 

Doesn't have the same speed, but he seemed to be extremely reliable in catching the ball even when he knew he was going to get creamed over the middle.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Doesn't have the same speed, but he seemed to be extremely reliable in catching the ball even when he knew he was going to get creamed over the middle.

I remember years back how the Seahawks liked his shiftiness and speed he brought to the special teams for them when he played. My perfect idea for slot position would be a Darren Sproles type of player, very fast, and can create separation.

Well, it's his chance to step up...

Quote:With Greene out I'd like to see Grant on punt returns

Marshall did last game

;

;

Quote:Marshall did last game

Marshall will do it, they like Marshall on ST, they still dont want to throw him out there at CB, but he is on the active roaster for a reason

Grant will have to return kicks and play RB with Robinson out, he didnt have much reps as a PR

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2015, 04:25 PM by Sosa.)

Quote:Because I want someone better? i want someone to step up? Maybe Bryan will do that, I know a lot of folks liked him i n the preseason, so maybe he will do something. Then again maybe Lee will finally do something? Either way, I want competition and want players who want to win.
We lost Greene because of a thumb injury and signed Walters to replace him for this short span of time. We have the same amount of receivers and Walters proved he has hands to catch with. Marshall will return punts as well - you're making it seem like this is a huge deal.

Kinda surprised we used the IR(DTR) spot so early. I probably would have held onto it in case an Olineman, QB, CB, RB ended up needing it....

Quote:Kinda surprised we used the IR(DTR) spot so early. I probably would have held onto it in case an Olineman, QB, CB, RB ended up needing it....

If our QB needs IR, the season is over

;

;

Quote:Kinda surprised we used the IR(DTR) spot so early. I probably would have held onto it in case an Olineman, QB, CB, RB ended up needing it....

I think they just used it now because there are a bunch on the active roster with short term injuries and they were simply running out of roster space.

Quote:We lost Greene because of a thumb injury and signed Walters to replace him for this short span of time. We have the same amount of receivers and Walters proved he has hands to catch with. Marshall will return punts as well - you're making it seem like this is a huge deal.

Who said Marshall will return punts? Corey Grant had that job Sunday.

Quote:Who said Marshall will return punts? Corey Grant had that job Sunday.

nope

;

;

Quote:Who said Marshall will return punts? Corey Grant had that job Sunday.
Once again you don't know what you're talking about. Never change JW.

Quote:If our QB needs IR, the season is over

I don't disagree. Thats not the point though...would you rather Bortles be out 8 weeks, the season be over, and not have him come back this year...?