Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Brian Walters

Wow, I don't get it. I think Walters could be another (insert name of white receiver).

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Wow, I don't get it. I think Walters could be another (insert name of white receiver).

Lol. All I meant was him being a guy that could make a clutch catch or 2 with his sticky hands. Didn't mean to infer any "white receiver" comparison,, just that it made me think of Ricky Proehl, that's all. How about Ernest Wilford then? He never did all that much, but came up with some terrific clutch grabs at times. Is that better?

AROB was supposed to be that guy,, but idk what happened to his sticky hands as of late.

You know it's bad when the fan base is hailing Brian Walters as a harbinger.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:You know it's bad when the fan base is hailing Brian Walters as a harbinger.

They aren't

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2015, 02:44 PM by knarnn.)

Its called the 54th man roster trick.

Quote:It goes like this: A vested veteran not subject to waivers gets cut late in the week, after being around long enough to get a game check. Then, immediately after the next game, the player returns to the roster. Eventually (sometime later that same week), the player is cut again.

Lather, rinse, repeat; right up until the trade deadline, after which all players who are released must pass through waivers.
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/14/49ers-playing-54-man-roster-trick-with-josh-johnson/'>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/14/49ers-playing-54-man-roster-trick-with-josh-johnson/</a>

Every year we seem to always have that one player that bounces on and off the roster each week.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Its called the 54th man roster trick.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/14/49ers-playing-54-man-roster-trick-with-josh-johnson/'>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/14/49ers-playing-54-man-roster-trick-with-josh-johnson/</a>

Every year we seem to always have that one player that bounces on and off the roster each week.

This is what I'm thinking. That is, they probably plan to put Thompson back on the PS and re-sign Walters once Gratz is ready to play again. As a 27-year-old WR they might figure he's one of the best options to not get claimed, although I do believe he was the Jaguars fastest WR. Marquis is said to have speed, but Walters ran a much faster combine 40. At any rate, what really surprises me is they activated Thompson over Rashaad Reynolds.

'02

I think Knarnn is right that he might bounce in and out the squad. And he will probably stay behind Rashad Greene as our third receiver. (And see limited action as a result). Gus and Dave probably don't see him as part of the long term future.

But given the failure of our receivers last week to hold onto simple passes, it's a little surprising there is no room for him in the short term.

Lol at people thinking Bryan Walters would be a difference maker..i remember when Chastin West, Jordan Shipley, and Taylor Price were gonna be difference makers also..

Quote:You know it's bad when the fan base is hailing Brian Walters as a harbinger.

A harbinger of what?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Lol at people thinking Bryan Walters would be a difference maker..i remember when Chastin West, Jordan Shipley, and Taylor Price were gonna be difference makers also..

Your memory is outstanding, my good man.

I remember a thread or two specifically about Chastin West and his future contributions to this team...  

Quote:A harbinger of what?

Of death, of course.  Is there any other type of harbinger?

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2015, 06:03 PM by RicoTx.)

Quote:Of death, of course. Is there any other type of harbinger?
Well. The elementary school example was always, 'The robin is a harbinger of spring.'

Or, Mexican food is a harbinger of...never mind...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Your memory is outstanding, my good man.

I remember a thread or two specifically about Chastin West and his future contributions to this team...  
TFW Blaine Gabbert to Chastin West secured Luck for the Colts.

Quote:Jags cut Brian Walters today and elevated CB Peyton Thompson from the practice squad.
I guess its due to injuries to the DBs and plus Lee is back 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Bryan Walters could have been the next Richmond Flowers. How's that for obscure?
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:I don't understand what the hell Caldwell is doing considering our receiving group isn't exactly getting better. So let's make it worse for even more CB depth?
You do know Grazt and Cyp, are both out for this game right?

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Your memory is outstanding, my good man.

I still think the Jaguars will regret cutting Kevin Elliott and Armon Binns.

So we bacially have 4 receivers on the roster who get injured every game and a collection of TE plays that don't work in the regular season?

Quote:So we bacially have 4 receivers on the roster who get injured every game and a collection of TE plays that don't work in the regular season?

Pretty much. Lets hope they hold up.

Quote:Lol at people thinking Bryan Walters would be a difference maker..i remember when Chastin West, Jordan Shipley, and Taylor Price were gonna be difference makers also..

Lol. I went back and read every post in this thread. Unless I just completely missed it somewhere,, I didn't see one post that said Walters would be a difference maker.

I was probably closest to that,, saying that I thought he could catch 1 or 2 clutch plays (an important 3rd down conversion or something).

Some others mentioned his release was a little surprising due to the fact that he could actually catch, and the receivers playing ahead of him now look like they couldn't catch a beach ball with a bunch if stickem on their hands.

Never saw anything about how the Jags would regret releasing him. Geez