Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Brian Walters

Jags cut Brian Walters today and elevated CB Peyton Thompson from the practice squad.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

White boy receivers don't usually make it. Unless you are Danny Woodhead, Wes Welker, Danny Amendola, Julian Edelman, etc.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2015, 12:04 PM by ThatsGoodJaguars.)

I thought Brian earned the roster spot. :mellow:

But I guess this means Lee gets to play on Sunday.

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

making room for blackmon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

signed,

HERO OF THE DAY

Quote:White boy receivers don't usually make it. Unless you are Danny Woodhead, Wes Welker, Danny Amendola, Julian Edelman, etc.

Woodhead isn't a WR..Welker, Edelman, and Amendola all benefited greatly by having Brady throw them the ball.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2015, 12:29 PM by Haterade.)

Caldwell is tanking. Outside Julius, Walters has the best hands on the team

I guess they are comfortable with Lee playing tomorrow. Comfortable enough to cut a WR that did great in the preseason. I guess Lee will play more then just a limited amount of snaps since they cut a WR. 

Little suprised by this considering our other recievers can't catch.

Oh man. A guy like Walters (someone who seems to grab everything thrown near him like glue) could be invaluable to a team. Even if it's only 1 or 2 receptions a game,, a clutch grab for an important first down or two could be very important.

I envisioned Walters as being like a Ricky Proehl type of guy. Clutch when needed a couple times a game.

Guess I was way off.

Really?  The Jags cut an unknown receiver and elevate someone from the practice squad is really news?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I think in this case it is

walters had sticky fingers

#TANKMODE#

Time to trade Scobee !!! Wait....

I think he was the only receiver that didn't have a drop in preseason so that surprises me a bit...

We'll see how much Lee will play tomorrow then.

Quote:Oh man. A guy like Walters (someone who seems to grab everything thrown near him like glue) could be invaluable to a team. Even if it's only 1 or 2 receptions a game,, a clutch grab for an important first down or two could be very important.

I envisioned Walters as being like a Ricky Proehl type of guy. Clutch when needed a couple times a game.

Guess I was way off.

Ricky Proehl. This has to be the winner of the most obscure white WR comparison!!

Panthers should pick him up

Walters was nothing more than a bottom of the roster guy. If he is playing you will be losing. The fact that they cut him is a good sign.

Quote:Ricky Proehl. This has to be the winner of the most obscure white WR comparison!!
Lol

I don't understand what the hell Caldwell is doing considering our receiving group isn't exactly getting better. So let's make it worse for even more CB depth?

Quote:Caldwell is tanking. Outside Julius, Walters has the best hands on the team

Lol what? How many teams have cut the great Walters?

Quote:Really? The Jags cut an unknown receiver and elevate someone from the practice squad is really news?

The reaction is quite bizarre.