Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lageman says on Jaguars Today Show

Colvin;s young, he'll get better with time.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't see how saying Colvin is the best corner on the Jags is a homer comment. He's not saying he's better than anyone on another team, he's of the opinion he's the best corner on the Jags. That's called analysis.

I still think McCray is better. But that's just me.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I still think McCray is better. But that's just me.

I think a lot of people agree. We still haven't seen a lot from Colvin and McCray has been fairly accomplished at shutting his receiver down.

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2015, 02:24 PM by Kane.)

Richard Sherman never gives up TDs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTpEQmTo8Mc

neither does Revis....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QidPtefXv5c

Quote:neither does Revis....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QidPtefXv5c

Revis bit HARD!

Quote:What did he praise Joeckel on?  I haven't analyzed every play of his but I know he had some huge head scratching plays that shouldn't happen.

Quote:The only thing I have heard Lageman say about Joeckel that would resemble praise is by saying he is a good run blocker.

Actually he spoke highly of Joeckel on the All Access television program.  I've also heard Tony Boselli say similar things regarding Joeckel.  I think I'll take the analysis of a couple of pro veterans who have access to actual game tape for analysis over a message board poster looking at a broadcast feed.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Actually he spoke highly of Joeckel on the All Access television program.  I've also heard Tony Boselli say similar things regarding Joeckel.  I think I'll take the analysis of a couple of pro veterans who have access to actual game tape for analysis over a message board poster looking at a broadcast feed.
I didn't provide any analysis other than the couple plays I saw where he got pancaked.  I'm not saying he's a bum or anything.

That was a perfect pass from stafford. Sometimes the offense wins.

Quote:Every CB in the history of football has been beating for a TD, doesnt mean Colvin isnt good.
who said he isnt good. I think he is good but just not our best Corner

Quote:I think a lot of people agree. We still haven't seen a lot from Colvin and McCray has been fairly accomplished at shutting his receiver down.

Not a lot of folks who think a lot.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Actually he spoke highly of Joeckel on the All Access television program.  I've also heard Tony Boselli say similar things regarding Joeckel.  I think I'll take the analysis of a couple of pro veterans who have access to actual game tape for analysis over a message board poster looking at a broadcast feed.

All those who choose to focus on one bad play will only remember the bull rush.  Same as the previous game where they focused on one play of what were both solid outings overall.  We already know the bull rush is something he can struggle with if he makes mistakes with his feet (setting his base) and hand placement.

He did a great job of showing his technical mistakes on the TV show.  Those are fixable.  He also pointed out (as some have already) that it had no negative affect on the QB as the ball got out and on target (without Blake being hit.)  I might add, a savvy veteran might pull and hold the lineman on top of him during the fall in a way he gets away with the hold.  Just in case. :thumbsup:

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I didn't provide any analysis other than the couple plays I saw where he got pancaked.  I'm not saying he's a bum or anything.

I know that you didn't, and I wasn't directing anything specifically at you.  I'm just tired of seeing all of the posts on here about how Joeckel is so "bad" based on people watching a broadcast feed.  Some seem to forget that this is "technically" his second year at LT.  He's going to make his mistakes and hopefully learn from them.

Here is something for people to noodle for a bit.  Was Tony Boselli great right out of the box?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

As long as Blake stays clean I could careless how manhandled he looks in pass protection. Every linemen will get beat. He gave up zero sacks last game. That's fine with me.

Let's focus on not giving up a million sacks in a season first then we can focus on how pretty it looks lol

Quote:As long as Blake stays clean I could careless how manhandled he looks in pass protection. Every linemen will get beat. He gave up zero sacks last game. That's fine with me.

Let's focus on not giving up a million sacks in a season first then we can focus on how pretty it looks lol

+1

It's not like Lags gave Joekel high praise. He pointed out the glaring bad play explaining why it happened, and then showed how Joekel immediately responded by correcting the particular mistakes relating to his arm and head placement. I love how Lags breaks stuff down like this as you never see any of the other talking heads do as much. He even pointed out that after making the corrections he was still getting overpowered by the DE, but that the corrections allowed time for Zane Beedles to come over and help him out. Lags really is a great commentator as commentators go and doesn't deserve half the crap I read on this board about him.

As for Colvin being the Jaguars best CB, it's been my personal impression that such accolades belong to McCray. However, if Lags said it, I'm compelled to believe him. Lags is usually proven correct in retrospect.

'02

Colvin was step for step with Tate until he started tracking the ball.

Once he looked up, that's when Tate gained that extra separation that led to the TD.

Colvin will be fine, especially once he gets a pass rush in front of him.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2015, 07:38 PM by jaguarmvp.)

I think Lageman has been smoking that teal pipe.

The Joke has been average to awful. I admit he is a decent run blocker but gets slapped like Tina Turner in the pass rush.

Colvin is still young so I expect some inconsistent play. He did get beat like he stole something last week.

Lageman is pretty smart but he also has to toot the company whistle from time to time. 

The Real Facts:

1. Bortles is looking like the real deal.  If nothing else comes out of this preseason it's been a success.

2. The Defense has to find a way to create a pass rush.  The opposing QB are sleeping in the pocket.

3. The DB's need to make some plays on the ball.  An int for this team is like spotting a unicorn.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:I think Lageman has been smoking that teal pipe.

The Joke has been average to awful. I admit he is a decent run blocker but gets slapped like Tina Turner in the pass rush.

Colvin is still young so I expect some inconsistent play. He did get beat like he stole something last week.

Lageman is pretty smart but he also has to toot the company whistle from time to time. 

The Real Facts:

1. Bortles is looking like the real deal.  If nothing else comes out of this preseason it's been a success.

2. The Defense has to find a way to create a pass rush.  The opposing QB are sleeping in the pocket.

3. The DB's need to make some plays on the ball.  An int for this team is like spotting a unicorn.

Once again, after this "brilliant" (not) analysis I'll refer to my earlier post where I said that I would trust the analysis of a couple of veteran pro's that have access to actual game tape over someone on a message board that only watched a network feed.

Interesting that you say that "Colvin is still young so you expect some inconsistent play", yet you trash Joeckel who is technically in his second year at LT.

Go back and play your new Madden game now.