Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lageman says on Jaguars Today Show

He said Aaron Colvin is hands down our best CB. Excited to see him play a full season.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hopefully a full season.

He also praised Joeckel for his play. Should of seen when he got beat for the TD last week. Wouldnt of happen to McCray

Lageman says a lot of things

Quote:Lageman says a lot of things
That is his job

Colvin had pretty good position on the long TD...he stumbled st the very end but that pass wad borderline indefensible.

Quote:Lageman says a lot of things

It's difficult to take anything he says seriously. He praises booms and busts alike, so it has no meaning.

Quote:Colvin had pretty good position on the long TD...he stumbled st the very end but that pass wad borderline indefensible.
Agreed.  As soon as the play ended, I figured the board would go for the "He sucks!  He gave up a TD!" line of attack.  Sometimes even the best in the business get beaten on perfectly delivered plays.  He was in great position.  It was just better executed by the offense, but some message board GMs will never see that.  If they can blame one of the Jags for the play, it brings them great joy.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:He said Aaron Colvin is hands down our best CB. Excited to see him play a full season.
I think he sees the potential these players have, so his expectations are very high.  Maybe too high for them to achieve on this team.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

If that ball or the wind pushed it 5 inches shorter, then Colvin had a chance to make an outstanding play on the ball.  Those plays are 50/50 great plays for the defense or offense.  This time the offense one but I think the coverage was good.  I'll take that coverage all day vs. quarterbacks not named Stafford throwing to Tate.

Quote:He also praised Joeckel for his play. Should of seen when he got beat for the TD last week. Wouldnt of happen to McCray
Every CB in the history of football has been beating for a TD, doesnt mean Colvin isnt good.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

I just hope Colvin learned something from the Lions game.. Maybe like holding and pass interference isn't so bad if you're going to give up a long TD instead.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:I just hope Colvin learned something from the Lions game.. Maybe like holding and pass interference isn't so bad if you're going to give up a long TD instead.

Maybe...and this is just a guess...he didn't know that Tate was going to make said catch...?

Quote:He also praised Joeckel for his play. Should of seen when he got beat for the TD last week. Wouldnt of happen to McCray
What did he praise Joeckel on?  I haven't analyzed every play of his but I know he had some huge head scratching plays that shouldn't happen.

Why wouldn't Colvin assume Tate would catch the ball... he wasn't drafted by Gene Smith.... he's a legitimate WR.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:What did he praise Joeckel on?  I haven't analyzed every play of his but I know he had some huge head scratching plays that shouldn't happen.

The only thing I have heard Lageman say about Joeckel that would resemble praise is by saying he is a good run blocker.

Quote:He said Aaron Colvin is hands down our best CB. Excited to see him play a full season.

To be honest, that has been pretty clear ever since he entered the lineup.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Why wouldn't Colvin assume Tate would catch the ball... he wasn't drafted by Gene Smith.... he's a legitimate WR.

Brilliant analysis.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:It's difficult to take anything he says seriously. He praises booms and busts alike, so it has no meaning.

Agreed. It's hard to take anything Lags says with more than a grain of salt. He's probably the biggest Jaguars homer of anybody.

With that said, Colvin is going to be a big time player in this league. So I agree with him there.

Anyone knocking Colvin for losing on one play where he had perfect coverage and was beaten by a perfectly thrown ball has no idea about the cornerback position. He was on Tate like glue and lost on a good ball from Stafford and an unavoidable human mistake.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.