Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who's Currently Number One In Your Clubhouse?

Is the OP asking who we want to win, who we think is ahead, or who we think will win?

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Is the OP asking who we want to win, who we think is ahead, or who we think will win?
I think the first.

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2015, 04:22 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:I think the first.

In  that case, I want a Trump/Sanders Independent ticket to be the winner.

Because they are all clowns, why not have comedy gold to entertain us?

- Bob Marley

Quote:In  that case, I want a Trump/Sanders Independent ticket to be the winner.

Because they are all clowns, why not have comedy gold to entertain us?
I'd prefer a Clinton/Cruz partnership if we're looking for comedy.

Quote:Ted Cruz - Is actively going against the "establishment" and placing his values and doing what he promised his electorate over his political career.

I disagree. I think bucking the establishment is what he's basing his career on.

- Bob Marley

Quote:Is the OP asking who we want to win, who we think is ahead, or who we think will win?

Actually, I would be interested in your perspective regarding all three of your questions.

Quote:I disagree. I think bucking the establishment is what he's basing his career on.

Once again I'll bring books into the mix.  In the opening of his book, A Time for Truth he describes how the republican establishment "expected" their colleagues to vote/act regarding the debt ceiling.  They publicly "didn't want to raise the debt ceiling" but privately they did.  In order to make senate republicans look good, they were pushing to change the rules in the senate to lower the threshold for voting on a bill and it passing from 60 to 50 senators.  That way they could all vote "no" on the bill, run home to their constituents and claim that they voted against the bill.  If they don't do that, then in order for the vote on the debt ceiling to pass, at least 5 republicans would be required to break party lines and vote "yes" on the bill.

In order to change the rules in the senate, it would require a 100% unanimous vote.  It got 98 yes and 02 no.  The only two with the fortitude to go against something like this were Ted Cruz and Mike Lee.  It then forced 6 republicans to vote "yes" for the debt limit increase, not a good thing politically.

He did it again recently.

Ted Cruz is certainly not the "darling" of the republican establishment.  I believe that he's genuinely trying to make a change, and I can't say that I disagree with him for that.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Does nobody else like Ben Carson? I suppose he isn't a serious candidate to win the whole thing, but I think he'd make a decent VP.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Does nobody else like Ben Carson? I suppose he isn't a serious candidate to win the whole thing, but I think he'd make a decent VP.

I think Carson is a good guy with good ideas but has no experience running anything ever. We've already suffered 8 years under a guy with little to no experience I'm not looking for a repeat. I do however respect his opinion in the medical field out of all of them he's probably the most qualified to fix the healthcare mess.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-05-2015, 08:16 AM by Jaguar Warrior.)

The only one who could win, of course.

The unstumpable Donald Trump with VP Ben Carson.

Quote:I am leaning towards Jeb Bush, but if he starts advocating more military adventures in the middle east, then I will look elsewhere. 

His whole platform during the Repub forum was war so you better start looking.

Quote:I think Carson is a good guy with good ideas but has no experience running anything ever. We've already suffered 8 years under a guy with little to no experience I'm not looking for a repeat. I do however respect his opinion in the medical field out of all of them he's probably the most qualified to fix the healthcare mess.

Hmm - I'm not so sure I agree that because Carson is a medical doctor he'd be qualified to "fix the healthcare mess." Many doctors have little or no idea as to how to run a business. They hire someone.

It's kind of like assuming just because someone served in the military they are qualified to be Sec of Defense. (Is there anyone who ever served who doesn't think he could be Sec. of Defense, or at least Sec. of the Army?)

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:The only one who could win, of course.

The unstumpable Donald Trump with VP Ben Carson.

His whole platform during the Repub forum was war so you better start looking.

That's some great satire there.

You were kidding, right? Please tell me you are kidding.

Quote:That's some great satire there.

You were kidding, right? Please tell me you are kidding.

Pretty serious bro.

But you go ahead and vote for John "I'm only here because I MIGHT win Ohio" Kasich, Mark "I fully support amnesty and NSA operations on US citizens " Rubio, and Jeb "Cuckold to Lobbyist" Bush. I wont stop you.

Quote:Pretty serious bro.

But you go ahead and vote for John "I'm only here because I MIGHT win Ohio" Kasich, Mark "I fully support amnesty and NSA operations on US citizens " Rubio, and Jeb "Cuckold to Lobbyist" Bush. I wont stop you.

Thanks for your permission. My assumption is that you are a big WWE fan - you'd have to be if you're voting for Trump.

It's cool that Trump can get your vote without you having a clue as to where he stands on ... anything. But I'm sure you are big on bluster and bullying. Enjoy the show.

Quote:Thanks for your permission. My assumption is that you are a big WWE fan - you'd have to be if you're voting for Trump.

It's cool that Trump can get your vote without you having a clue as to where he stands on ... anything. But I'm sure you are big on bluster and bullying. Enjoy the show.

Nice ad hominem. Not that I personally find anything wrong with fans of the WWE, but you clearly meant that as a personal attack.

Also, I prefer Lucha Underground Ninja

Of the ten that are participating in the first debate tomorrow, I can really get behind (in no particular order at this point).

Marco Rubio

Ted Cruz

Scott Walker

The bottom part of that list in no particular order.

Jeb Bush

Chris Christie

Donald Trump

The remaining four I would get behind against anyone currently on the Democrat side and would support them over the bottom three in the primaries at this point.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Of the ten that are participating in the first debate tomorrow, I can really get behind (in no particular order at this point).

Marco Rubio

Ted Cruz

Scott Walker

The bottom part of that list in no particular order.

Jeb Bush

Chris Christie

Donald Trump

The remaining four I would get behind against anyone currently on the Democrat side and would support them over the bottom three in the primaries at this point.
I can't wait to see how everyone reacts to trump trumping all over them. Can't miss TV!!!!!

Quote:Nice ad hominem. Not that I personally find anything wrong with fans of the WWE, but you clearly meant that as a personal attack.

Also, I prefer Lucha Underground Ninja

Oh, you're sensitive soul can't take "ad hominem" ? - but you're ok with calling Jeb "Cuckold to Lobbyist" Bush. Got it.

Quote:I can't wait to see how everyone reacts to trump trumping all over them. Can't miss TV!!!!!

No kidding. It makes one embarrassed to be a registered Republican (I'm one), but we have to assume this too will pass. 

It's sad to know that the Democrats hope Trumpmania lingers and lingers. 

Quote:No kidding. It makes one embarrassed to be a registered Republican (I'm one), but we have to assume this too will pass. 

It's sad to know that the Democrats hope Trumpmania lingers and lingers. 

I think that the democrats want to keep Trump and Jeb Bush at the top of the polls.

I work in an environment that is VERY conservative leaning.  I see a few that actually are leaning towards Donald Trump, and I can understand why.  I don't think that he can win the Republican primary, but I will say this.  If Donald Trump does decide that he's going to run as an Independent, we will be seeing the coronation of President Hillary.

Quote:I think that the democrats want to keep Trump and Jeb Bush at the top of the polls.

I work in an environment that is VERY conservative leaning.  I see a few that actually are leaning towards Donald Trump, and I can understand why.  I don't think that he can win the Republican primary, but I will say this.  If Donald Trump does decide that he's going to run as an Independent, we will be seeing the coronation of President Hillary.
If Trump wins the nomination, I wouldn't even rule out President Bernie.