Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
An update on Blackmon...and well, it doesn't sound promising

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2014, 08:23 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:For those of us that believe Blackmon is a lost cause, are we now "anti-fans"? 

Is it one of those things where you're "With us or Against us"? 

No, just those of you that have the Blackmon mug shot in your avatar are the "anti-fans". 

Sorry, but I fail to see how having that as an avatar as productive/ funny/ cool/ whatever...

The only conclusion I could draw from having that as your avatar is you do indeed want him to fail. 

It is something you might expect to see as an avatar on a regular member's profile of the Colts/ Texans/ Titans message boards.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Whatever you say. Neither are available for our team.
One has a far, far greater chance of producing for this team than the other.

To make a comparison like that, I feel, is suggesting the odds are even close to each other.

Lets not exaggerate.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:I would not.  I would love for him to come back and become the dominant player he showed glimpses of.  In Fact I was one of the few who defended him in the past.  I live in reality and the reality is he is a head case.  
Yep.... A head case.....So how many years did it take for you to get your doctorate? I guess it doesn't really matter because you are obviously an expert in these matters. But I think I might know an addiction expert or two that may disagree with your narrow minded assessment of our young receiver. Addiction is a disease. It is proven that no one brain is wired the same as any other, whatever his problem is you can not write him off as a headcase. That is ignorant, short sighted and just plain being a jack wagon to put it bluntly. As someone who has walked this path of alcohol addiction I can assure you that he is not a head case. He has other problems, no matter what they may be, that he needs to deal with before he can conquer his battle with addiction. That's how you deal with addiction....you find the root cause and then try and find an alternative way to deal with it besides your go to. (your addiction) Don't be dumb....you just come off as dumb. 

Quote:One has a far, far greater chance of producing for this team than the other.

To make a comparison like that, I feel, is suggesting the odds are even close to each other.

Lets not exaggerate.

In my mind, they are.

I'm of the "fool me once, shame on you..." state of mind.

A lot of you seem to be in the "fool me as many times as you want ZOMG I CANT WAIT FOR YOU TO COME BACK AND BE DIFFERENT THIS TIME I KNOW YOU LOVE ME!!!" state of mind.

I'm far less naive than the general population around here.

Quote:Yep.... A head case.....So how many years did it take for you to get your doctorate? I guess it doesn't really matter because you are obviously an expert in these matters. But I think I might know an addiction expert or two that may disagree with your narrow minded assessment of our young receiver. Addiction is a disease. It is proven that no one brain is wired the same as any other, whatever his problem is you can not write him off as a headcase. That is ignorant, short sighted and just plain being a jack wagon to put it bluntly. As someone who has walked this path of alcohol addiction I can assure you that he is not a head case. He has other problems, no matter what they may be, that he needs to deal with before he can conquer his battle with addiction. That's how you deal with addiction....you find the root cause and then try and find an alternative way to deal with it besides your go to. (your addiction) Don't be dumb....you just come off as dumb. 

You're saying he isn't a headcase, and he's saying that he is a headcase. You're no more an expect than jaguarmvp. I sincerely hope Blackmon comes back and lights it up because I believe he's one of the most talented WRs in the NFL.I don't want him to fail, but I think he's already done that.

My point, however, is that he had an addiction. If it's an addiction, it certainly IS messing with his head. We can speculate what the cause was for the suspension, but I chose to believe it had something to do with his addiction. He was given multiple opportunities and he failed to comply. That doesn't sound like a man that has things on track. The possibility that he can turn it around is very possible, but just because you were able to achieve that, it doesn't mean Blackmon will be able to overcome. If he's willing to allow it to take his paycheck, I'm going to believe that he's more likely to allow it to beat him. 

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2014, 06:16 AM by Predator.)

Quote:You're saying he isn't a headcase, and he's saying that he is a headcase. You're no more an expect than jaguarmvp. I sincerely hope Blackmon comes back and lights it up because I believe he's one of the most talented WRs in the NFL.I don't want him to fail, but I think he's already done that.

My point, however, is that he had an addiction. If it's an addiction, it certainly IS messing with his head. We can speculate what the cause was for the suspension, but I chose to believe it had something to do with his addiction. He was given multiple opportunities and he failed to comply. That doesn't sound like a man that has things on track. The possibility that he can turn it around is very possible, but just because you were able to achieve that, it doesn't mean Blackmon will be able to overcome. If he's willing to allow it to take his paycheck, I'm going to believe that he's more likely to allow it to beat him. 
He never said Blackmon will overcome his addiction. He said he can overcome his problem and used himself as an example of someone who has, which is a counter to some on this board that seem convinced that people, especially Blackmon, can't overcome a problem like addiction.

There are thousands upon thousands of cases where people have suffered from addiction and have overcome it to lead successful lives. So the people on this board who are convinced there is no way for Justin to overcome his addiction or consider the odds of it happening like winning the lotto are in fact very ignorant.

I can't wait for the time when someone these judgmental jerks care about faces a problem like addiction or a mental disorder. I bet their little high and mighty attitude will change real quick when it's one of their kids who is a "mental case". I'd love to see their reaction when someone tells their kid they are a worthless lost cause.

Quote:In my mind, they are.

A lot of you seem to be in the "fool me as many times as you want ZOMG I CANT WAIT FOR YOU TO COME BACK AND BE DIFFERENT THIS TIME I KNOW YOU LOVE ME!!!" state of mind.

There's a big difference between a lack of trust and a non-biased perception of reality.

The reality is that Justin Blackmon is under contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars and the team has not released him despite being given the opportunity to do so by the NFL. That in itself erases an entire variable and increases Blackmon's chance of playing in a Jaguars uniform exponentially. The rest is on him.

Now I'm trying not to go full JaguarsWoman here, but I doubt those odds are equivalent to Calvin Johnson playing in a Jaguars uniform.

If Calvin Johnson is ever wearing a Jaguars uniform, I'd leave this forum forever on the principle that I've never been more wrong about anything I've ever known in my life.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote: 

I can't wait for the time when someone these judgmental jerks care about faces a problem like addiction or a mental disorder. I bet their little high and mighty attitude will change real quick when it's one of their kids who is a "mental case". I'd love to see their reaction when someone tells their kid they are a worthless lost cause.
Wow, how classy, hooray for ill will towards others.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Wow, how classy, hooray for ill will towards others.
Isn't that kind of what some here are doing toward Blackmon?  Is it only classy when it's aimed at him?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

wow this may be the longest thread I ever seen about no updated news from a suspended player.

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Quote:wow this may be the longest thread I ever seen about no updated news from a suspended player.
This is exactly what I was thinking.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Quote:Isn't that kind of what some here are doing toward Blackmon?  Is it only classy when it's aimed at him?
I see some calling a drunk a drunk and expressing their doubt at a return. I don't see anyone wishing ill will on him or his family members though.

Quote:I see some calling a drunk a drunk and expressing their doubt at a return. I don't see anyone wishing ill will on him or his family members though.
And that's productive how?

Wishing ill will?  Someone just pointed out that tunes would change if people had first hand experience in dealing with someone who is afflicted with an addiction as opposed to being so flippant as to call a drunk a drunk, or a mental case.  He wasn't wishing this on anyone in what I read above. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I see some calling a drunk a drunk and expressing their doubt at a return. I don't see anyone wishing ill will on him or his family members though.

What about alleged "Jag fans" that use Blackmon's mug shot as their avatars? To me thats no class and not something a fan of said team would be doing. 

Quote:And that's productive how?

Wishing ill will?  Someone just pointed out that tunes would change if people had first hand experience in dealing with someone who is afflicted with an addiction as opposed to being so flippant as to call a drunk a drunk, or a mental case.  He wasn't wishing this on anyone in what I read above. 
Well he did say that he couldn't wait for it to happen to some of the jerks. That's not wishing it? To your other point, no it's not productive in any fashion, it's just what it is.

Quote:What about alleged "Jag fans" that use Blackmon's mug shot as their avatars? To me thats no class and not something a fan of said team would be doing. 
Agree that the avy is bad, I certainly wouldn't use it.............but look at mine. :woot:

Quote:In my mind, they are.

Seems like the Jaguars are of that state of mind too because they won't release him and will let him comeback as soon as he's reinstated. Hell the Browns are following the same path with Josh Gordon.

Wait....I'm confused….are we the people For Against or are we the people Against For?

Quote:wow this may be the longest thread I ever seen about no updated news from a suspended player.