Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
An update on Blackmon...and well, it doesn't sound promising

(This post was last modified: 06-21-2014, 09:42 PM by Bon Jagley.)

Not that we are surprised.

http://members.jacksonville.com/sports/f...ner-circle

The below makes it sound like not much has changed with him.

Quote:At the Jaguars’ request, Marcedes Lewis intended to take Blackmon under his wing this offseason, but the veteran tight end was unable to make contact after Blackmon changed his cell phone number.

What concerns Lewis most is that Blackmon will take on the challenge of conquering his issues with minimal help, thinking he can do it alone.

And those closest to him aren't saying much of anything. My assumption is that is not a positive sign.

It gives us more reason to believe he likely has played his last down of football for this team, and perhaps in the NFL.

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I bet he's honed in, focused and hungry. Ready to seek redemtion
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Given the information at hand, this is exactly as you stated...

An Assumption...

I read nothing that said B14CKMON has had any type of setback. Changing his # may merely be gaining privacy due to outsiders other than the team from horassing him...

We all know that since there is No confirmed info from B14CKMON'S situation the media will create an story and fans will exploit such stories...

Respect Privacy...

NH3...
"AZANE"

If he's in rehab, I wouldn't say that's not promising. He's getting help, he's not isolating himself in a lonely apartment getting hammered every day.. I wouldn't expect him to be reinstated in 2014, but he could return in 2015.. The big question at that point will be what kind of shape is he in and can he return to form. History would suggest that's difficult to do after a prolonged absence
10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

Quote:I bet he's honed in, focused and hungry. Ready to seek redemtion

That's an bet that you would undoubatly win...

I too believe that B14CKMON is destined to exonerate himself. The Jaguars refusal to dismiss him even when the NFL says that we could speaks volumes. They may know something that we the fans don't know...

Time Will Tell...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Not that we are surprised.

http://members.jacksonville.com/sports/f...ner-circle

The below makes it sound like not much has changed with him.

And those closest to him aren't saying much of anything. My assumption is that is not a positive sign.

It gives us more reason to believe he likely has played his last down of football for this team, and perhaps in the NFL.

Well, I refuse to give in to that doom & gloom interpretation. 

I'm going to summize that it means that Blackmon is trying to beat this on his own because of the typical opinions such as the above that assume the worst; that he can't do it. Well, I think he wants to show everyone that he can do it and Bon Jagley and those that share opinions like his can stuff it. 

Quote:That's an bet that you would undoubatly win...

I too believe that B14CKMON is destined to exonerate himself. The Jaguars refusal to dismiss him even when the NFL says that we could speaks volumes. They may know something that we the fans don't know...

Time Will Tell...

NH3...
I think it means we don't want to let go of a talented player if there is any chance he could come back.

At least it's news, even if not good news. Sad

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Maybe he just bundled with comcast

If we can get somethin for Gabbert then maybe we can get somethin for Blackmon

(This post was last modified: 06-21-2014, 10:31 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:If we can get somethin for Gabbert then maybe we can get somethin for Blackmon

quitters. 

(Many of) The responses in this thread are just as bad as the prevailing opinion expressed in the OP. 

Quote:Well, I refuse to give in to that doom & gloom interpretation. 

I'm going to summize that it means that Blackmon is trying to beat this on his own because of the typical opinions such as the above that assume the worst; that he can't do it. Well, I think he wants to show everyone that he can do it and Bon Jagley and those that share opinions like his can stuff it.

Well Said and I welcome back your True Avatar...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:I think it means we don't want to let go of a talented player if there is any chance he could come back.

This I understand but if the Jaguars received any type of info from the NFL that B14CKMON is regressing, he would've been released prior to Babin...

NH3...
"AZANE"

I think it's more likely that he's given up than it is he's so focused on his predicament that he can't give his friends and co-workers his new cellphone number. 

I really can't stand when people write "B14CKMON" istead of Blackmon.

That is all.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

As I understand it, his contract is not moving forward while he is suspended. Therefore, should he ever become reinstated, he owes the Jags 2 more years.

I say that puts the Jags in a nice situation that he either plays for them or nobody else unless his rights are traded. So, at least this isn't a ploy on his part to find a new team. At least he is a genuine bonehead.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:I really can't stand when people write "B14CKMON" istead of Blackmon.

That is all.
And I'll never understand why you're dumb enough to read the threads when you know it will be there in stead of avoiding them.

Makes me wonder who the real dumb one really is...

to be honest, I like reading that he was the anti-diva, he never seemed someone on the website to really go out of his way to make a manziel of things, and if that's really where his comfort zone is, i think it's more promising that he's actually finding time to be alone.  Take that as you will, but from a fellow person who values personal silence and time, I can see his point of view. 

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

I agree - if you don't like how we do things...  see yourself to the door..NH3 does no wrong.....

I don't care if he ever suits up again, I just hope he gets real help with what he's going through.
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->;

;