Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ngakoue announces he wants to leave Jaguars

(03-21-2020, 11:48 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(03-21-2020, 09:18 PM)surfon Wrote: So Fowler signs 3 yr 48 mil for the dirty birds but 3 yrs 57 mil wasn't good enough for yan.  Now I'm really smdh.

Some people over estimate their value. He honestly thought he was going to make up that $17 million he gave up last year. Now he is going to make even less than he would have and he may make $0 if he wants off the Jags.

I'm glad players are sign real deals now though that are 2-3 years and not the fake 5-6 year deals that everyone knows won't last more than 3 years.

Actually the current situation is because the Jags are being demanding on the return because they don't have to trade him for another two months, and teams are trying to outwait the Jags , which they likely can do, forcing the Jags to eventually lower their return. It's not because teams don't want Yan or don't want to pay him

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-22-2020, 12:04 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-21-2020, 11:48 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Some people over estimate their value. He honestly thought he was going to make up that $17 million he gave up last year. Now he is going to make even less than he would have and he may make $0 if he wants off the Jags.

I'm glad players are sign real deals now though that are 2-3 years and not the fake 5-6 year deals that everyone knows won't last more than 3 years.

Actually the current situation is because the Jags are being demanding on the return because they don't have to trade him for another two months, and teams are trying to outwait the Jags , which they likely can do, forcing the Jags to eventually lower their return. It's not because teams don't want Yan or don't want to pay him

Proof? Because the reports say teams don't wanna pay him what he is asking for. He is not gonna get more than 19, probably not more than 17 millions per year.

(03-22-2020, 12:12 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 12:04 AM)JackCity Wrote: Actually the current situation is because the Jags are being demanding on the return because they don't have to trade him for another two months, and teams are trying to outwait the Jags , which they likely can do, forcing the Jags to eventually lower their return. It's not because teams don't want Yan or don't want to pay him

Proof? Because the reports say teams don't wanna pay him what he is asking for. He is not gonna get more than 19, probably not more than 17 millions per year.

They don't wanna pay that price AND the first. Not as simple as not wanting to pay. And I'd say he gets around 18-19 with good guaranteed when all is said and done

(03-22-2020, 12:26 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 12:12 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Proof? Because the reports say teams don't wanna pay him what he is asking for. He is not gonna get more than 19, probably not more than 17 millions per year.

They don't wanna pay that price AND the first. Not as simple as not wanting to pay. And I'd say he gets around 18-19 with good guaranteed when all is said and done

There are reports the Jags haven't even gotten a trade offer yet. That means no team has even gotten close to a deal yet. It should pick up now that the market is set, but if it doesn't the. you know Yan is the problem.

(03-22-2020, 12:26 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 12:12 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Proof? Because the reports say teams don't wanna pay him what he is asking for. He is not gonna get more than 19, probably not more than 17 millions per year.

Again dude, where is the proof? There are reports that say otherwise

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2020, 01:02 AM by JackCity.)

(03-22-2020, 12:37 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 12:26 AM)JackCity Wrote: They don't wanna pay that price AND the first. Not as simple as not wanting to pay. And I'd say he gets around 18-19 with good guaranteed when all is said and done

Again dude, where is the proof? There are reports that say otherwise

Ok, send the proof that teams don't wanna pay Yannick, regardless of the pick compensation.

(03-22-2020, 12:35 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 12:26 AM)JackCity Wrote: They don't wanna pay that price AND the first. Not as simple as not wanting to pay. And I'd say he gets around 18-19 with good guaranteed when all is said and done

There are reports the Jags haven't even gotten a trade offer yet. That means no team has even gotten close to a deal yet. It should pick up now that the market is set, but if it doesn't the. you know Yan is the problem.

The report from Kaye isn't totally true. They've talked back and forth with teams and they didn't like the asking price of a 2021 first so far

(03-22-2020, 12:04 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-21-2020, 11:48 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Some people over estimate their value. He honestly thought he was going to make up that $17 million he gave up last year. Now he is going to make even less than he would have and he may make $0 if he wants off the Jags.

You are saying that as a fact and you have no proof whatsoever.

(03-22-2020, 01:00 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 12:37 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Again dude, where is the proof? There are reports that say otherwise

Ok, send the proof that teams don't wanna pay Yannick, regardless of the pick compensation.

(03-22-2020, 12:35 AM)p_rushing Wrote: There are reports the Jags haven't even gotten a trade offer yet. That means no team has even gotten close to a deal yet. It should pick up now that the market is set, but if it doesn't the. you know Yan is the problem.

The report from Kaye isn't totally true. They've talked back and forth with teams and they didn't like the asking price of a 2021 first so far

I ask you for proof since people already posted the reports that say Jags are the ones offering the most money and that the Redskins didn't trade for him because he was asking for too much. Actually I think the post is in this thread.

1.-I asked you for proof first
2.- You act like what you are saying is a fact when you have no proof

If what you are saying it's your opinion cool, but don't correct others with things you are just making up.

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2020, 02:50 AM by JackCity.)

(03-22-2020, 01:16 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 12:04 AM)JackCity Wrote: Actually the current situation is because the Jags are being demanding on the return because they don't have to trade him for another two months, and teams are trying to outwait the Jags , which they likely can do, forcing the Jags to eventually lower their return. It's not because teams don't want Yan or don't want to pay him

You are saying that as a fact and you have no proof whatsoever.

(03-22-2020, 01:00 AM)JackCity Wrote: Ok, send the proof that teams don't wanna pay Yannick, regardless of the pick compensation.

I ask you for proof since people already posted the reports that say Jags are the ones offering the most money and that the Redskins didn't trade for him because he was asking for too much. Actually I think the post is in this thread.

If what you are saying it's your opinion cool, but don't correct others with things you are just making up.

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/12414...34338?s=19

Don't mistake one team not wanting to trade picks AND pay a massive deal as A) all of them not wanting to trade picks and pay and B) all of them not valuing at his contract demands independent of a pick. 

So where is your proof teams just straight have no interest in paying him independent of the picks needed too?

(03-20-2020, 09:36 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 07:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We need to trade his [BLEEP] and give that money to Clowney.  Clowney and a 1st is much better than Yan
Yea! Bring in Clowney and those 3 sacks!

Weren't you the same person that when people brought up Yan's 8 sacks you were saying you can't judge a player by just looking at a sack number?  Oh the irony

(03-22-2020, 02:43 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 01:16 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: You are saying that as a fact and you have no proof whatsoever.

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/12414...34338?s=19

Don't mistake one team not wanting to trade picks AND pay a massive deal as A) all of them not wanting to trade picks and pay and B) all of them not valuing at his contract demands independent of a pick. 

So where is your proof teams just straight have no interest in paying him independent of the picks needed too?

You couldn't have done that from the beginning?

Not sure if serious though

On April 23, 2019, Clark was traded to the Kansas City Chiefs along with the Seahawks' 3rd round selection in the 2019 NFL Draft, in exchange for the Chiefs' 1st and 3rd round selections in the 2019 NFL draft and a conditional 2nd round selection (less favorable of Chiefs/49ers 2nd round picks) in the 2020 NFL Draft. After the trade, he signed a five-year contract worth $105.5 million with $63.5 million guaranteed

I think it's pretty obvious teams don't wanna pay Yan what he wants, simply because he doesn't deserve it. 
Still, IF it is as you say it would still mean the same thing... he is not worth all that.

You can go to page 6 of this thread tweet by John Shipley
Same dude Dilla already said Jags are offering the most money page 15

Either way we'll see how much he gets, I doubt he gets more than 17.

(03-22-2020, 10:21 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 09:36 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Yea! Bring in Clowney and those 3 sacks!

Weren't you the same person that when people brought up Yan's 8 sacks you were saying you can't judge a player by just looking at a sack number?  Oh the irony
Sarcasm meter. Broken.

Read more in the thread.

(03-22-2020, 12:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 10:21 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Weren't you the same person that when people brought up Yan's 8 sacks you were saying you can't judge a player by just looking at a sack number?  Oh the irony
Sarcasm meter. Broken.

Read more in the thread.

So that would be better for us than keeping Yan?

(03-22-2020, 01:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 12:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Sarcasm meter. Broken.

Read more in the thread.

So that would be better for us than keeping Yan?
What would be better? Clowney? Maybe. Who knows.

Clowney is the better overall player.

(03-22-2020, 04:20 PM)Upper Wrote: Clowney is the better overall player.

Thanks for educating Cleatwood on these topics.  Hes a Marland fan and has them red, white, and black colored glasses on at times

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2020, 06:07 PM by JackCity.)

(03-22-2020, 10:54 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 02:43 AM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/12414...34338?s=19

You couldn't have done that from the beginning?

Not sure if serious though

On April 23, 2019, Clark was traded to the Kansas City Chiefs along with the Seahawks' 3rd round selection in the 2019 NFL Draft, in exchange for the Chiefs' 1st and 3rd round selections in the 2019 NFL draft and a conditional 2nd round selection (less favorable of Chiefs/49ers 2nd round picks) in the 2020 NFL Draft. After the trade, he signed a five-year contract worth $105.5 million with $63.5 million guaranteed

I think it's pretty obvious teams don't wanna pay Yan what he wants, simply because he doesn't deserve it. 
Still, IF it is as you say it would still mean the same thing... he is not worth all that.

You can go to page 6 of this thread tweet by John Shipley
Same dude Dilla already said Jags are offering the most money page 15

Either way we'll see how much he gets, I doubt he gets more than 17.

You are aware I'm good friends with both of those guys right? 

Again, Clarks deal doesn't mean teams don't want to pay Yannick, in the same way that the Redskins not wanting to pay and trade doesn't meant others don't. Singular data points being used as the fields stance isn't wise, so again I'd ask where's your evidence that teams currently just straight up don't want to give him a big deal, independent of the picks they'd also give him. You mentioned it above but haven't seen any proof

Yannicks a better pure pass rusher, Clowneys more versatile and better overall

(03-22-2020, 05:35 PM)Wflgatorsandjags Wrote:

Thanks for educating Cleatwood on these topics.  Hes a Marland fan and has them red, white, and black colored glasses on at times
Educating me on what? Clowney might be better now but he’s also 27 (3 years older than Yan) and is only signing a short term deal. I would rather lock up Yan for a longer deal than give Clowney a short term deal.

(03-22-2020, 05:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Breaking News:
Biggest gator homer on the board calls someone else a homer. 
Tune in at 11 for more about pots and kettles. 

It's funny to watch folks fall all over themselves about this Ngakoue contract speculation. 
Free agency just started and Yan has made it clear he's all in on maximizing his second contract. He's not playing the short game here. He's going to do whatever he can to attempt leverage and Caldwell would rather see him play in Jax. There's no reason to think a trade and new contract would come together quickly with the player and holder of his rights at odds.

(03-22-2020, 06:56 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 05:35 PM)Wflgatorsandjags Wrote: Thanks for educating Cleatwood on these topics.  Hes a Marland fan and has them red, white, and black colored glasses on at times
 Clowney might be better now but he’s also 27 (3 years older than Yan)

He's only 2 years older

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2020, 08:10 PM by Cleatwood.)

(03-22-2020, 07:55 PM)KABD Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 06:56 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:  Clowney might be better now but he’s also 27 (3 years older than Yan)

He's only 2 years older
As of today, Clowney is 27 and Yan is 24.....

Either way, I would still rather have Yan on a long term deal than Clowney on a short term deal. The report are Clowney for a 1 year or 2 year deal. That doesn’t help this team at all considering we are 2 years away at least from really competing.