Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(02-04-2021, 02:00 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(02-04-2021, 01:32 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Too bad.  What power were you hoping for?  Flying would be cool, although x-ray vision could be enjoyable in certain situations.

Is suddenly growing a third testicle considered a “super power”?

Only to the three breasted woman on Total Recall
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-04-2021, 01:32 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Too bad.  What power were you hoping for?  Flying would be cool, although x-ray vision could be enjoyable in certain situations.

Wait... when did you acquire the first two?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

I could use that to replace one I lost.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Dems trying to manipulate the income requirements for new stimulus.

Lot of Biden voters won't be happy campers. I love it.

I love how the dems chant a ‘follow the science’ mantra until it challenges the stance of the Chicago teacher’s union or whether males should be allowed to compete in women’s sports.

Lori Lightfoot is shamefully feeble.

(02-07-2021, 02:05 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I love how the dems chant a ‘follow the science’ mantra until it challenges the stance of the Chicago teacher’s union or whether males should be allowed to compete in women’s sports.

No one really follows the science all the time, and science can't answer every question anyhow.
That said, following science where it is unambiguous is better than not doing so.
Republicans need to get serious about mitigating climate change and transitioning away from carbon fuels wherever possible.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(02-07-2021, 02:05 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I love how the dems chant a ‘follow the science’ mantra until it challenges the stance of the Chicago teacher’s union or whether males should be allowed to compete in women’s sports.

These idiots are literally ignoring the head of the CDC now. 

I'd fire every teacher who doesn't want to come back. [BLEEP] them.

(02-07-2021, 02:11 PM)mikesez Wrote:

No one really follows the science all the time, and science can't answer every question anyhow.
That said, following science where it is unambiguous is better than not doing so.
Republicans need to get serious about mitigating climate change and transitioning away from carbon fuels wherever possible.

The point being that when not only the science, but overwhelming empirical evidence points to the safety of schools reopening, they fight tooth and nail to oppose it. 

I’m sure many of these fine teachers hypocritically excoriated Trump for not following the science.

(02-07-2021, 02:11 PM)mikesez Wrote:

Climate change isn't a real thing.  Don't you have more important battles to fight?

It's a thing, but it's overblown to create a narrative that suits their purpose. We should be good stewards of the environment, but the dems policies aren't really facilitating that.

(02-07-2021, 04:57 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: It's a thing, but it's overblown to create a narrative that suits their purpose. We should be good stewards of the environment, but the dems policies aren't really facilitating that.

I somewhat agree.  As far as "climate change" I can see it in areas where healthy forest land is being leveled and they are placing "McMansions" stacked right next to each other in place of it.  I'll never understand how people can buy a new home that is 10ft. or so from the next home on either side... and we're talking homes starting in the $300k range.

That's why we purchased acreage in an area where people own hundreds of acres around us to prevent such a thing.  My 35 acre slice isn't much, but it's enough where I don't have to look at people or their yards.

As far as being a good steward of the environment, I'm all for it.  I didn't do a controlled burn on my property, but I do take out all of the underbrush and dead trees.  I have a "perpetual fire" going for the most part on my place.  I only put it out when it's going to be windy or if we are in a drought.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-07-2021, 05:17 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-07-2021, 04:57 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: It's a thing, but it's overblown to create a narrative that suits their purpose. We should be good stewards of the environment, but the dems policies aren't really facilitating that.

I somewhat agree.  As far as "climate change" I can see it in areas where healthy forest land is being leveled and they are placing "McMansions" stacked right next to each other in place of it.  I'll never understand how people can buy a new home that is 10ft. or so from the next home on either side... and we're talking homes starting in the $300k range.

That's why we purchased acreage in an area where people own hundreds of acres around us to prevent such a thing.  My 35 acre slice isn't much, but it's enough where I don't have to look at people or their yards.

As far as being a good steward of the environment, I'm all for it.  I didn't do a controlled burn on my property, but I do take out all of the underbrush and dead trees.  I have a "perpetual fire" going for the most part on my place.  I only put it out when it's going to be windy or if we are in a drought.

There is a happy medium between living 10 feet from your neighbor and living in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre house. The same people you laugh at for living in these neighborhoods probably feel the same about your "acreage". Doesn't make one situation better than the other. Depends what type of social life you are seeking or not seeking at any particular stage of your life.

To each their own.

(02-07-2021, 05:30 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-07-2021, 05:17 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I somewhat agree.  As far as "climate change" I can see it in areas where healthy forest land is being leveled and they are placing "McMansions" stacked right next to each other in place of it.  I'll never understand how people can buy a new home that is 10ft. or so from the next home on either side... and we're talking homes starting in the $300k range.

There is a happy medium between living 10 feet from your neighbor and living in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre house. The same people you laugh at for living in these neighborhoods probably feel the same about your "acreage". Doesn't make one situation better than the other. Depends what type of social life you are seeking or not seeking at any particular stage of your life.

To each their own.

Meh... whatever.  I just don't see the value of a postage stamp sized piece of property with an over valued home on it right next to other people.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-07-2021, 06:00 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-07-2021, 05:30 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: There is a happy medium between living 10 feet from your neighbor and living in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre house. The same people you laugh at for living in these neighborhoods probably feel the same about your "acreage". Doesn't make one situation better than the other. Depends what type of social life you are seeking or not seeking at any particular stage of your life.

To each their own.

Meh... whatever.  I just don't see the value of a postage stamp sized piece of property with an over valued home on it right next to other people.

From my house I walk 200 yards to the ocean, 6 blocks to dining and nightlife, and commute 15 miles to my office (when I have to go these days). In exchange I live on a lot that is 75'x125' and see my neighbors every day; I'm ok with that.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-08-2021, 08:49 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-07-2021, 06:00 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Meh... whatever.  I just don't see the value of a postage stamp sized piece of property with an over valued home on it right next to other people.

From my house I walk 200 yards to the ocean, 6 blocks to dining and nightlife, and commute 15 miles to my office (when I have to go these days). In exchange I live on a lot that is 75'x125' and see my neighbors every day; I'm ok with that.

I can understand that.  I see both sides.  Wife and I want land.  She grew up on 20 acres split between 8 of her fathers and 12 of her aunt’s.  I lived with her (she had a mobile home on the property) for 7 or 8 years.  The only thing I don’t miss the hour + commute to work and 30-40 minutes for groceries.  If I was willing to sell our house, we’d already have a decent little spread.  But I have practically zero commute to work since I don’t venture too far out on my route, everything I need is within 5-15 minutes away. Plus, this is the area I lived when my family moved to FL.  So it’s “my home”.  Hard to give in to her and not have all that.  Land around here is just too expensive.  I’m trying to get her on board with buying the land only and swing them both.  She’s open to that.  Either way, the search continues.  One day we’ll get it when the right one pops up.  

Found a hell of a place down in Ormand beach though.   Too bad it wasn’t closer. Guy even had a firing range.

(02-08-2021, 08:49 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-07-2021, 06:00 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Meh... whatever.  I just don't see the value of a postage stamp sized piece of property with an over valued home on it right next to other people.

I guess if that's what you enjoy then good for you.  I on the other hand will have to walk about 200 yards to get my mail and only deal with the deer hanging around my gate at the front of my property.  My "dining and nightlife" is pretty much cookouts either at my place of at friend's homes within about 10 miles.  Once our home is completed (scheduled for May of this year) my commute will be about 200 yards from my home to my barn.  In exchange I'll be living on 35 acres of woods with a nice garden, some animals and the ability to enjoy the wildlife.  I'll seldom see my neighbors unless someone needs some help with something.  I'm ok with that.

I guess to each his own.

Count your blessings that this man is our governor.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/...r-mask-on/

The WHO who is in Chinas pocket has officially let the Wuham lab off the hook as the creator of COVID-19. Nothing shady to see here.

(02-09-2021, 08:32 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The WHO who is in Chinas pocket has officially let the Wuham lab off the hook as the creator of COVID-19. Nothing shady to see here.

Dang it, I know my shocked face is around here somewhere. Anyone remember where I left the damn thing?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(02-09-2021, 08:48 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 08:32 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The WHO who is in Chinas pocket has officially let the Wuham lab off the hook as the creator of COVID-19. Nothing shady to see here.

Dang it, I know my shocked face is around here somewhere. Anyone remember where I left the damn thing?

We need a shocked emoji!!   Banana Ninja Big Grin