Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ngakoue announces he wants to leave Jaguars

Yann posted the pic of White in an eagles jersey Friday. Yesterday he posted a picture of a philly cheese steak and said he had to try one. Today he posted 2 pics of Trent Cole. I think there is an announcement today or tomorrow that he’s an eagle.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

ughghhh this team is a mess. Im really disappointed players dont want to play here. We desperately HAVE to find a way to build a better culture here. Ramsey and Ngakoue were MAJOR pieces of our team. You're talking about two perennial pro bowl players. It's like letting go of Robert Mathis and Champ Bailey in their primes.

Here's hoping its for a 2021 1st and a 2020 3rd

(03-22-2020, 08:11 PM)PS9 Wrote: Yann posted the pic of White in an eagles jersey Friday. Yesterday he posted a picture of a philly cheese steak and said he had to try one. Today he posted 2 pics of Trent Cole. I think there is an announcement today or tomorrow that he’s an eagle.

Hip hip hurrah. Get the malcontent out of here and grab a 1st rounder. Dump his salary and use it to sign Clowney, as someone said a more well-rounded player. Josh Allen can take his place as "leo" or whatever Wash calls it these days and be just as disruptive as Yan, and Clowney can play big end and up and down the line for the $17-19M Yan rejected.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(03-22-2020, 09:27 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 08:11 PM)PS9 Wrote: Yann posted the pic of White in an eagles jersey Friday. Yesterday he posted a picture of a philly cheese steak and said he had to try one. Today he posted 2 pics of Trent Cole. I think there is an announcement today or tomorrow that he’s an eagle.

Hip hip hurrah. Get the malcontent out of here and grab a 1st rounder. Dump his salary and use it to sign Clowney, as someone said a more well-rounded player. Josh Allen can take his place as "leo" or whatever Wash calls it these days and be just as disruptive as Yan, and Clowney can play big end and up and down the line for the $17-19M Yan rejected.

Lets go, [BLEEP] Yan
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

I think he wants too much money. Good player but a bit greedy.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2020, 12:17 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

(03-22-2020, 06:07 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 10:54 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: You couldn't have done that from the beginning?

Not sure if serious though

On April 23, 2019, Clark was traded to the Kansas City Chiefs along with the Seahawks' 3rd round selection in the 2019 NFL Draft, in exchange for the Chiefs' 1st and 3rd round selections in the 2019 NFL draft and a conditional 2nd round selection (less favorable of Chiefs/49ers 2nd round picks) in the 2020 NFL Draft. After the trade, he signed a five-year contract worth $105.5 million with $63.5 million guaranteed

I think it's pretty obvious teams don't wanna pay Yan what he wants, simply because he doesn't deserve it. 
Still, IF it is as you say it would still mean the same thing... he is not worth all that.

You can go to page 6 of this thread tweet by John Shipley
Same dude Dilla already said Jags are offering the most money page 15

Either way we'll see how much he gets, I doubt he gets more than 17.

You are aware I'm good friends with both of those guys right? How exactly would I know that?

Again, Clarks deal doesn't mean teams don't want to pay Yannick, in the same way that the Redskins not wanting to pay and trade doesn't meant others don't. Singular data points being used as the fields stance isn't wise, so again I'd ask where's your evidence that teams currently just straight up don't want to give him a big deal, independent of the picks they'd also give him. You mentioned it above but haven't seen any proof

Yannicks a better pure pass rusher, Clowneys more versatile and better overall

Teams don't wanna pay Yannick what he wants, it's been reported.
You really understand what you are saying? because it doesn't make any sense. Why? because the Chiefs clearly thought highly of Clark enough to give good compensation and still give him a big contract, how many times that doesn't happen when teams make trades?. If a team really believes in Yannick they wouldn't hesitate to do what they must to get him.
You are just being an [BLEEP] now, I asked for proof for what you say because how you said it, not because I wanted to be the [BLEEP], but hey want me to be? I can. You have no real evidence to backup what you are claiming, if your proof is the twitter of some guy just LOL, especially since there are tweets that say otherwise, bring evidence from an official source and I'll believe you, I'll wait.

It should be clear by now that teams don't value Yannick as much as you think, because he is clearly not an elite rusher, not even top 10.

Wanna keep going? be my guest but don't expect me to reply until you bring real evidence from an official source.

(03-23-2020, 12:15 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 06:07 PM)JackCity Wrote: You are aware I'm good friends with both of those guys right? How exactly would I know that?

Again, Clarks deal doesn't mean teams don't want to pay Yannick, in the same way that the Redskins not wanting to pay and trade doesn't meant others don't. Singular data points being used as the fields stance isn't wise, so again I'd ask where's your evidence that teams currently just straight up don't want to give him a big deal, independent of the picks they'd also give him. You mentioned it above but haven't seen any proof

Yannicks a better pure pass rusher, Clowneys more versatile and better overall

Teams don't wanna pay Yannick what he wants, it's been reported.
You really understand what you are saying? because it doesn't make any sense. Why? because the Chiefs clearly thought highly of Clark enough to give good compensation and still give him a big contract, how many times that doesn't happen when teams make trades?. If a team really believes in Yannick they wouldn't hesitate to do what they must to get him.
You are just being an [BLEEP] now, I asked for proof for what you say because how you said it, not because I wanted to be the [BLEEP], but hey want me to be? I can. You have no real evidence to backup what you are claiming, if your proof is the twitter of some guy just LOL, especially since there are tweets that say otherwise, bring evidence from an official source and I'll believe you, I'll wait.

It should be clear by now that teams don't value Yannick as much as you think, because he is clearly not an elite rusher, not even top 10.

Wanna keep going? be my guest but don't expect me to reply until you bring real evidence from an official source.

1) Teams not wanting to pay Yannick exactly what he wants and give picks is not the same as teams not wanting to give him a big contract

2) The chiefs paying way too much for Clark (worked out anyway) does not mean thats how everyone will operate, there are 31 other teams. So saying "but the chiefs did this" doesn't actually contribute anything to how other teams may view Yannick currently (but you know that) 

3) And the source I provided is the only guy with actual sources in the Jags front office , unless you have a better one? So yeah im good going off his info, again, unless you can provide a more accurate source of Jags news? 

4) You can post your evidence any time you want. Still haven't actually seen anyone from you, but thats par for the course

Philly seems like the perfect landing spot for him. The fans will eat him alive if he doesn't perform.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-23-2020, 08:43 AM)Rico Wrote: Philly seems like the perfect landing spot for him.  The fans will eat him alive if he doesn't perform.

THIS. As much as I supported his power play last year, the Twitter theatrics have turned me off on him big time. Send him to Philly, let him struggle and get a dose of how RABID fans can turn on you in a heart beat.  If these guys would cheer when Michael Irvin's career got ended, they will eat him ALIVE when he struggles for a stretch.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(03-23-2020, 10:02 AM)NCJag Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 08:43 AM)Rico Wrote: Philly seems like the perfect landing spot for him.  The fans will eat him alive if he doesn't perform.

THIS. As much as I supported his power play last year, the Twitter theatrics have turned me off on him big time. Send him to Philly, let him struggle and get a dose of how RABID fans can turn on you in a heart beat.  If these guys would cheer when Michael Irvin's career got ended, they will eat him ALIVE when he struggles for a stretch.

I couldn't care less about him.

I'm still a big fan of Yan, still hope they work it out...

But if we can get a high pick or good player and not have to worry about his salary or twitter drama? Yeah, I'll take that and down some more Teal Kool-Aid.

If Ngakoue doesn’t want to be here, screw him. If he’s only using it as an act to get more money, then doubly screw him. Get the most value out of him in trade. Philly seems like a fine place.

Trade him and a mid round pick to Wash for Dunbar and Williams

(03-23-2020, 10:55 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Trade him and a mid round pick to Wash for Dunbar and Williams

I thought you said mid round pick AND Wash and I was onboard for whatever the return was.

(03-23-2020, 10:55 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Trade him and a mid round pick to Wash for Dunbar and Williams

Dunbar just went for a 5th...

(03-23-2020, 06:15 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:

Dunbar just went for a 5th...

We gotta be feeling pretty good for getting 2 first rounders for Ramsey.

(03-23-2020, 11:45 AM)p_rushing Wrote:

I thought you said mid round pick AND Wash and I was onboard for whatever the return was.

I read it that way too!

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(03-23-2020, 08:29 PM)High Octane Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 06:15 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Dunbar just went for a 5th...

We gotta be feeling pretty good for getting 2 first rounders for Ramsey.

No doubt, it was highway robbery.

(03-23-2020, 08:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 08:29 PM)High Octane Wrote: We gotta be feeling pretty good for getting 2 first rounders for Ramsey.

No doubt, it was highway robbery.

Nah...fair value considering just abut every other team in the league asked about him, he was a proven performer and made All Pro and was still in his prime and on his first contract.

As for Yan...my preference is still to keep him.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-23-2020, 09:16 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 08:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: No doubt, it was highway robbery.

Nah...fair value considering just abut every other team in the league asked about him, he was a proven performer and made All Pro and was still in his prime and on his first contract.

As for Yan...my preference is still to keep him.

I agree with this on both counts. 

Ramsey is a generational talent even if his own immaturity sabotages his performance and career decisions. 
A large percentage of GMs league wide are willing to roll the dice on that type of talent with the hope they can reel him in and keep him "on-script." 
He's clearly not going to make that easy.