Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ngakoue announces he wants to leave Jaguars

He’s acting like Ramsey now. Hopefully someone will offer him so we can get him gone and get picks. I was all for trying to keep him, but after the Ramsey fiasco, I’m done with these prima Donnas.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-23-2020, 09:16 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 08:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: No doubt, it was highway robbery.

Nah...fair value considering just abut every other team in the league asked about him, he was a proven performer and made All Pro and was still in his prime and on his first contract.

As for Yan...my preference is still to keep him.
That was in his past, hes not the same player he was in 2017. It was way to much not even counting the big contract,  I bet the Rams front office is looking back now regretting what the gave up.

(03-23-2020, 09:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 09:16 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Nah...fair value considering just abut every other team in the league asked about him, he was a proven performer and made All Pro and was still in his prime and on his first contract.

As for Yan...my preference is still to keep him.

I agree with this on both counts. 

Ramsey is a generational talent even if his own immaturity sabotages his performance and career decisions. 
A large percentage of GMs league wide are willing to roll the dice on that type of talent with the hope they can reel him in and keep him "on-script." 
He's clearly not going to make that easy.
Perfect way to put it.

If he ever gets a handle on himself, he will be even better than he is now and that’s scary.

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2020, 07:57 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(03-24-2020, 07:47 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 09:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I agree with this on both counts. 

Ramsey is a generational talent even if his own immaturity sabotages his performance and career decisions. 
A large percentage of GMs league wide are willing to roll the dice on that type of talent with the hope they can reel him in and keep him "on-script." 
He's clearly not going to make that easy.
Perfect way to put it.

If he ever gets a handle on himself, he will be even better than he is now and that’s scary.

Get a handle on himself? That's a good one. Jalen is on a sinking ship with a new ugly logo that is now at best, the 3rd best team in their division. He will be crying to get out in November.

Jalen "It wasn't my guy" Ramsay was also involved in the burnt toast play that eliminated the Rams from the playoffs. Generational talent....yeah, he thinks so.

Your attraction to people with horrible character is weird.

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2020, 08:43 AM by Cleatwood.)

(03-24-2020, 07:56 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 07:47 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Perfect way to put it.

Get a handle on himself? That's a good one. Jalen is on a sinking ship with a new ugly logo that is now at best, the 3rd best team in their division. He will be crying to get out in November.

Jalen "It wasn't my guy" Ramsay was also involved in the burnt toast play that eliminated the Rams from the playoffs. Generational talent....yeah, he thinks so.

Bahahaha says the guy with a Trump avatar. Classic.

Jalen is talented and you can’t even really argue it but I’m sure you’ll find a way. And who else has horrible character that I’m attracted to? Just curious since you know so many of these athletes personally.

(03-24-2020, 08:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 07:56 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Get a handle on himself? That's a good one. Jalen is on a sinking ship with a new ugly logo that is now at best, the 3rd best team in their division. He will be crying to get out in November.

Oooooh!  Burn!  +10

(03-24-2020, 07:56 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Get a handle on himself? That's a good one. Jalen is on a sinking ship with a new ugly logo that is now at best, the 3rd best team in their division. He will be crying to get out in November.

Jalen is talented and you can’t even really argue it but I’m sure you’ll find a way. And who else has horrible character that I’m attracted to? Just curious since you know so many of these athletes personally.

Oompa Loompa fell right into that one haha.

Need the + system back again please...

LOL, cleatwood from the top rope.

You said he was generational.  He isnt. He is lazy.

(03-24-2020, 04:57 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 08:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Bahahaha says the guy with a Trump avatar. Classic.

You said he was generational.  He isnt. He is lazy.
Hahaha ok bud. 

His talent is elite however he clearly has some things to work on. Keep moving the goal posts!

(03-24-2020, 05:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 04:57 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You said he was generational.  He isnt. He is lazy.
Hahaha ok bud. 

His talent is elite however he clearly has some things to work on. Keep moving the goal posts!

I like Jalen the player when his attitude is right. Unfortunately what's not right with him can't really be fixed.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-25-2020, 07:32 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 05:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Hahaha ok bud. 

I like Jalen the player when his attitude is right. Unfortunately what's not right with him can't really be fixed.

Hes not even the player he was 3 years ago.

(03-25-2020, 08:11 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 07:32 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I like Jalen the player when his attitude is right. Unfortunately what's not right with him can't really be fixed.

Hes not even the player he was 3 years ago.

I don't buy that narrative. The dude simply needs to get his head together and commit to whichever system he lands in.  
(i.e. - Doing his job without freelancing or bucking his assignments or complaining about scheme or coaching.) 

He'd get back to being a playmaker and shutting down half of the field quickly.

(03-25-2020, 08:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 08:11 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hes not even the player he was 3 years ago.

I don't buy that narrative. The dude simply needs to get his head together and commit to whichever system he lands in.  
(i.e. - Doing his job without freelancing or bucking his assignments or complaining about scheme or coaching.) 

Perhaps...

However... every year the NFL gets a boost of youth and talent. Every year there's a 2nd tier corner that hones his craft, keeps his head down, and just does his job and gets better.
During Ramsey's first two-three seasons he was regarded as arguably THE best CB in the league.
I don't think he is that anymore, and I don't think he'll ever regain it either. He ain't getting younger and he obviously isn't getting better.
Perhaps his ego got in the way of what could have been a HoF career and now he'll just be a very good corner for a few different teams until he's an afterthought.
I suppose he could wise up, do his job and get back on that track of a HoF career. Maybe even get a ring or two. But what has he shown to make you think he will?

Humphrey, Gilmore, Peters, White... Howard... Lattimore...Ward...Peterson. I mean... I remember after his rookie and sophomore years, I thought it was Ramsey and then everyone else... There's a bunch of really good CBs in the league right now really. And every year he puts "me" before "team" and freelances, and runs his mouth, and acts a fool... some other guy is putting team first, doing his job, and improving.

Simply put, he isn't the player he was 3 years ago. And unless and until he proves otherwise, he's already peaked for his career, imo.
That isn't me being a salty fan mad that he whined his way out of town. I couldn't care less, I've moved on from the Ramsey drama of early last season. Objectively there's a few guys that are easily playing better than him and quite a few on the same level. Many of whom have less mouth about them. He's squandering his potential being a diva. Thinking he knows better than coaches and teammates.

Well said Kane. Think that sums it up pretty well.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2020, 03:28 PM by MoJagFan.)

When he walks away from the Rams, we will have to see if he trashes them as well.  Talent is king but character still counts.

Edit:
On thread topic, still interested to see what happens with Ngakoue.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(03-25-2020, 08:11 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hes not even the player he was 3 years ago.

The dude simply needs to get his head together 

Like I said, what's wrong can't be fixed...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2020, 04:26 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

You could of said kinda the same thing about a number of guys.  AB is the best WR in the league but has personal issues, Josh Gordon is one of most talented WRs but has had a drug problem.  Just Blackmon could of been an All tim great but had a problem with alcohol.  There is been a number of guys that could of been the best over the last few years but they didnt for different reasons whatever that may be.

(03-25-2020, 10:51 AM)Kane Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 08:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I don't buy that narrative. The dude simply needs to get his head together and commit to whichever system he lands in.  

Perhaps...

However... every year the NFL gets a boost of youth and talent. Every year there's a 2nd tier corner that hones his craft, keeps his head down, and just does his job and gets better.
During Ramsey's first two-three seasons he was regarded as arguably THE best CB in the league.
I don't think he is that anymore, and I don't think he'll ever regain it either. He ain't getting younger and he obviously isn't getting better.
Perhaps his ego got in the way of what could have been a HoF career and now he'll just be a very good corner for a few different teams until he's an afterthought.
I suppose he could wise up, do his job and get back on that track of a HoF career. Maybe even get a ring or two. But what has he shown to make you think he will?

Humphrey, Gilmore, Peters, White... Howard... Lattimore...Ward...Peterson. I mean... I remember after his rookie and sophomore years, I thought it was Ramsey and then everyone else... There's a bunch of really good CBs in the league right now really. And every year he puts "me" before "team" and freelances, and runs his mouth, and acts a fool... some other guy is putting team first, doing his job, and improving.

Simply put, he isn't the player he was 3 years ago. And unless and until he proves otherwise, he's already peaked for his career, imo.
That isn't me being a salty fan mad that he whined his way out of town. I couldn't care less, I've moved on from the Ramsey drama of early last season. Objectively there's a few guys that are easily playing better than him and quite a few on the same level. Many of whom have less mouth about them. He's squandering his potential being a diva. Thinking he knows better than coaches and teammates.

Exactly

Thinking Ramsey, who is 25 years old, peaked 3 years ago and won’t get back or play better is one of the dumbest takes I’ve heard on this board in a long time. He is TWENTY FIVE. Lol.

(03-25-2020, 04:39 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Thinking Ramsey, who is 25 years old, peaked 3 years ago and won’t get back or play better is one of the dumbest takes I’ve heard on this board in a long time. He is TWENTY FIVE. Lol.

I'm not picking up what you are putting down.  Everyone that is critical doubts he will put in the effort to take advantage of his talent.  He has the talent but isn't doing what it would take to be the best.  He is young and talented but is he putting in the effort?  We will see.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.