Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(04-15-2021, 07:38 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(04-15-2021, 06:01 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: The nation's most prestigious peer-reviewed medical journal doesn't move the needle for you huh?

The average person isn't looking to peer-reviewed medical journals, they're listening to or reading what Fauci and the media says and that leads to dumb decisions like vaccine passports to attend a football game.

You can lead a horse to water I guess.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

#1 reason to not get the vaccine, you cannot deny these benefits.
https://babylonbee.com/news/more-conserv...-from-them

Quote:The Biden administration has been trying to reach out to conservatives to get them to take the vaccine, but the excellent benefits of not getting vaccinated, like being able to be alone all the time and not having to interact with liberals, outweigh the benefits for many Republicans.

"You mean they'll intentionally social distance from me, like, forever? Oh yeah, I'm definitely not getting vaccinated!" said one man in Texas. "No crowds, no liberals bugging me? You mean, like, the Californian transplants who work in my office building won't sit at my lunch table? This is great!"

"I mean, yeah, I could die," said one man in Alabama. "But who wants to live a life with liberals anyway? That's not living, brother.'

(04-16-2021, 04:01 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(04-15-2021, 07:38 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: The average person isn't looking to peer-reviewed medical journals, they're listening to or reading what Fauci and the media says and that leads to dumb decisions like vaccine passports to attend a football game.

You can lead a horse to water I guess.

Fauci and the media are like fire hoses turned on at max volume. I try to avoid it all but it creeps in everywhere. I want to believe the medical community and those peer-reviewed journals but there just isn't enough evidence to tell us how this vaccine will affect people long-term. As someone who has negative reactions to vaccines I don't like where all of this passport stuff is headed.

When satire is becoming reality.

[Image: Screenshot-20210417-090439-Twitter.jpg]

(04-17-2021, 09:06 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: When satire is becoming reality.

[Image: Screenshot-20210417-090439-Twitter.jpg]

When a satire website provides news that is truer than MSM, the companies need to be shut down.

The Florida Department of Education has released a letter requesting that face masks be voluntary in schools next year.

Yet some states still have their schools locked down. So sad for the students. However, teachers in those states have been able to get up to speed on their interpretive dance therapies.

This guy is evil and dangerous.

NEW - Dr. Fauci: "It's almost paradoxical, that on the one hand, they (Republicans) want to be relieved of the restrictions, but on the other hand, they don't want to be vaccinated. It just almost doesn't make any sense."

https://t.co/XoKo3C9QbU

(04-18-2021, 12:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: This guy is evil and dangerous.

NEW - Dr. Fauci: "It's almost paradoxical, that on the one hand, they (Republicans) want to be relieved of the restrictions, but on the other hand, they don't want to be vaccinated. It just almost doesn't make any sense."

He's making a good point.

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2021, 01:35 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(04-18-2021, 01:21 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

He's making a good point.

By painting an entire political party and their supporters as anti-vaxxers?

This guy is NOT SUPPOSED TO BE POLITICAL.

(04-18-2021, 01:27 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(04-18-2021, 01:21 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: He's making a good point.

By painting an entire political party and their supporters as anti-vaxxers?

This guy is NOT SUPPOSED TO BE POLITICAL.

Bingo.. The guy reaks of political agenda..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(04-18-2021, 01:21 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: He's making a good point.

(04-18-2021, 01:27 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: By painting an entire political party and their supporters as anti-vaxxers?

That's the thing though, liberals have taken over science. When would you have seen republicans saying not to trust the facts from the science? First it was faking climate change data and now it is pushing harmless at best vaccines without any real science behind it or at worst they are screwing people for the future, all for a virus that the fake data shows 99.7% survive.

The liberals do a great job at using the media and pushing agendas to paint people the way they want.

I really hope investigations are done into his funding the lab that created and/or released the virus. It was illegal for him to do it in the US, so he paid China to do it.

He also doesn't see how their lockdowns are interfering with our liberties. He literally doesn't see the correlation. Or he's just being paid not to. Either way I wish he'd shut up.

(04-18-2021, 01:43 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

He also doesn't see how their lockdowns are interfering with our liberties. He literally doesn't see the correlation. Or he's just being paid not to. Either way I wish he'd shut up.

He doesn't care. That isn't his job. Unfortunately,  the people who's job that is think exactly like this tyrant.

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2021, 01:53 PM by p_rushing.)

Haha, they are killing it lately and the satire unfortunately is basically true.

I looked up the history of the influenza virus and the one I saw that hasn't been altered by recent events is this from the History Channel. The original article was written in 2018 and was updated in February 2020 just before SHTF with Covid so I figured it's as drama free as we'll get. It's interesting stuff. I've said for a long while now that Covid is the new flu and reading this article confirms (for me) that is likely. This means we will never be rid of Covid. All these lockdowns and restrictions, especially in democratic run states, are unnecessary. 

From the article: The elderly, young children, pregnant women, people with chronic disease and those with compromised immune systems are more likely to get the flu. The CDC says the flu vaccine is the most effective way to prevent the flu, though it is not foolproof. Avoiding close contact with sick individuals, covering coughs and sneezes, and washing your hands often can help prevent the flu. Once someone has contracted the flu, doctors can prescribe antiviral medication to shorten the illness and decrease symptoms.

This is how we protect the folks most likely to get sick. NOT shutting down businesses, mandating wearing masks, creating vaccine passports, not allowing a family to go to a damn funeral to grieve their loved ones, not allowing people to go to school. I could go on. Logically we all know this but politically many don't and that makes no sense to me. Had this pandemic happened with a Democrat POTUS does anyone think it would have blown up like it did in the media? 

We will reach herd immunity eventually and people in general won't be as susceptible to it. Expecting that to happen in a (relatively) short period of time is absurd with the number of people we have in the US, not to mention the number of people who travel to and from the US.

Link

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2021, 02:27 PM by p_rushing.)

(04-18-2021, 02:07 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I looked up the history of the influenza virus and the one I saw that hasn't been altered by recent events is this from the History Channel. The original article was written in 2018 and was updated in February 2020 just before SHTF with Covid so I figured it's as drama free as we'll get. It's interesting stuff. I've said for a long while now that Covid is the new flu and reading this article confirms (for me) that is likely. This means we will never be rid of Covid. All these lockdowns and restrictions, especially in democratic run states, are unnecessary. 

From the article: The elderly, young children, pregnant women, people with chronic disease and those with compromised immune systems are more likely to get the flu. The CDC says the flu vaccine is the most effective way to prevent the flu, though it is not foolproof. Avoiding close contact with sick individuals, covering coughs and sneezes, and washing your hands often can help prevent the flu. Once someone has contracted the flu, doctors can prescribe antiviral medication to shorten the illness and decrease symptoms.

This is how we protect the folks most likely to get sick. NOT shutting down businesses, mandating wearing masks, creating vaccine passports, not allowing a family to go to a damn funeral to grieve their loved ones, not allowing people to go to school. I could go on. Logically we all know this but politically many don't and that makes no sense to me. Had this pandemic happened with a Democrat POTUS does anyone think it would have blown up like it did in the media? 

We will reach herd immunity eventually and people in general won't be as susceptible to it. Expecting that to happen in a (relatively) short period of time is absurd with the number of people we have in the US, not to mention the number of people who travel to and from the US.

Link

There is a study that was done on 1,500 covid positive samples from testing. They found influenza A and some B but no covid when looking at them under the microscope. They then asked the CDC to provide a covid sample so they could compare it. The CDC responded that they don't have one. Then the same samples where sent to leading universities and the same thing occurred there, they could not find covid. They are now suing the CDC and whoever else.

Covid has not been isolated and cleansed yet. The virus has only been found from the after effects suggesting something is there. They have small portions of the RNA only. There are also new tests being produced that test for covid, influenza A & B because they are so closely related it is hard to tell the difference. Something is definitely going around but we really will never know because no one in power is truthful about it. There were basically no flu or influenza deaths, no one testing positive as everyone was labeled as covid. SARS viruses have shown to die out after the initial spread, otherwise we would still be dealing with the previous ones.

I suspect that most of the initial illness was a SARS virus, then it started dying out and being less deadly. Come fall, after everyone being inside all day with masks all the time, influenza and flu took hold in the fall because of the low vitamin levels, immune systems that weren't exposed to things for months, and wearing masks that trap the stuff causing you to breath it in.

This "pandemic" has been nothing more than a ploy to control people.  If people actually would get off of their damn phones and think about it, it's really nothing.

When the "pandemic" started people were afraid because getting the China virus "meant that you would be in a hospital on a ventilator".  Hence ventilators were made in mass (have we had a shortage of them?).  Temporary hospitals were set up because if you caught this "virus" you would need to be in a hospital (Navy hospital ships sat in New York unused, hospitals operated pretty much normal).

It's nothing more than a big con aided by the media (both traditional and social) to scare people into submission.

How many people require ventilators?  How many people that have got it had to be hospitalized?  Of the deaths associated with the China virus, how many had pre-existing conditions that the common flu would have been just as deadly?

This whole thing has been nonsense from the start.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

My uncle just passed away from covid. Mind you he was 100 pounds overweight, diabetic and had lymphoma but the death certificate reads cause if death as covid 19.

He was a decorated hero due to his actions while serving on board the USS Oriskany where he pulled/lead several fellow shipmates from harms way. When pressed to tell the tale of that horrific day he would insist he did nothing special except save his own skin. He knew as the LPO he could not evacuate until all of his subordinates where safe and accounted for.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(04-18-2021, 06:51 PM)copycat Wrote: My uncle just passed away from covid.  Mind you he was 100 pounds overweight, diabetic and had lymphoma but the death certificate reads cause if death as covid 19.  

He was a decorated hero due to his actions while serving on board the USS Oriskany where he pulled/lead several fellow shipmates from harms way.  When pressed to tell the tale of that horrific day he would insist he did nothing special except save his own skin.  He knew as the LPO he could not evacuate until all of his subordinates where safe and accounted for.

Sorry for your loss.

(04-18-2021, 06:51 PM)copycat Wrote: My uncle just passed away from covid.  Mind you he was 100 pounds overweight, diabetic and had lymphoma but the death certificate reads cause if death as covid 19.  

He was a decorated hero due to his actions while serving on board the USS Oriskany where he pulled/lead several fellow shipmates from harms way.  When pressed to tell the tale of that horrific day he would insist he did nothing special except save his own skin.  He knew as the LPO he could not evacuate until all of his subordinates where safe and accounted for.

Sorry for your loss.  There's no replacing a guy like that.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.