Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yan still doing nothing

Keep your productive players. I’d hate to see Yan in a Colts jersey next year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2019, 09:11 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-30-2019, 01:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 12:56 AM)enigma Wrote: I absolutely believe he doesn't want to be here.

I pointed the same thing out with Fournette too earlier in the season - but his situation and value is nowhere near important as Yannick's.

We need Yannick and unfortunately this organization/TC dropped the ball with him earlier in the season - and I assume Yan took it as a challenge to prove them wrong like the underdog that he was coming out of Maryland.

I think now he wants out and if we franchise tag him, I firmly believe things will sour immensely and probably end up like Jalen's situation.

Lets hope it doesn't get to that point or that its not too late.

I'd take two 1s for him.
Ive said before I'd love to keep Yan but definitely.

You want players with chips on the shoulder who play with spite right up until they direct that spite at the team. Good teams keep it directed at the field, bad ones end up losing the players.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Can someone clarify the situation where we franchise him and he chooses not to sign the tender? What are our options? My understanding is that he can't talk to other teams, correct?

It would actually make me sick to see this guy leave and play for another AFC south team.

Literally sick.

(12-30-2019, 09:20 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Can someone clarify the situation where we franchise him and he chooses not to sign the tender? What are our options? My understanding is that he can't talk to other teams,  correct?

If he's tagged he can't negotiate unless we grant permission. Why people still think a player has any power, or worse give them the power, to walk away is beyond me.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2019, 09:59 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

What if Yan says he would like to stay if Doug stays? If Doug goes he would like to go. I know most of the players like Doug, would yall want to keep Doug if that's the case, or would you rather lose Yan and get another coach? I think if Doug stays Dareus might restructure as well

(12-30-2019, 09:59 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What if Yan says he would like to stay if Doug stays?  If Doug goes he would like to go.  I know most of the players like Doug, would yall want to keep Doug if that's the case, or would you rather lose Yan and get another coach?  I think if Doug stays Dareus might restructure as well

Players, not plays.

You don't let the roster dictate your coaching hires. That's how you end up with HC Freddie Kitchens.

Yan will get a nice offer from the team. If he wants to be the highest paid defender in the league, I doubt we'll match that counter.

Yan knew that he gambled on himself this season, and it didn't blow up in his face. I'm not worried about his tweets, he prior negotiations, or what other teams might be willing to pay. We'll make him a good offer. It'll be on him to stick around and be the cornerstone, or chase a dollar sign somewhere else.

(12-30-2019, 11:20 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 09:59 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What if Yan says he would like to stay if Doug stays?  If Doug goes he would like to go.  I know most of the players like Doug, would yall want to keep Doug if that's the case, or would you rather lose Yan and get another coach?  I think if Doug stays Dareus might restructure as well

Players, not plays.

You don't let the roster dictate your coaching hires. That's how you end up with HC Freddie Kitchens.

Yan will get a nice offer from the team. If he wants to be the highest paid defender in the league, I doubt we'll match that counter.

Yan knew that he gambled on himself this season, and it didn't blow up in his face. I'm not worried about his tweets, he prior negotiations, or what other teams might be willing to pay. We'll make him a good offer. It'll be on him to stick around and be the cornerstone, or chase a dollar sign somewhere else.

We would tag him at the very least if a deal dont get worked out

Re-open negotiations now that TC is gone. See if you can reach an agreement. If not, transition tag him, then match the offer because he won't get much more than we're going to offer anyway.

(12-30-2019, 01:19 AM)Dimson Wrote: If you don't think Yan is worth money, you haven't watched him play. That play where he caused the fumble that led to thre scoop and the score showed you all you need to know about him as a person and a football player.

Getting a little repetitious so I'll just make one more comment then I'm out. He *is* worth keeping, with a fair contract, no one disputes that. He's not worth keeping at any price, i.e. not worth making him the highest paid player at his position which is what he probably wants. Ramsey might have been, Yan no.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-30-2019, 12:01 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Re-open negotiations now that TC is gone. See if you can reach an agreement. If not, transition tag him, then match the offer because he won't get much more than we're going to offer anyway.

Not a bad strategy IMO. 

He's worth the ~15 mil tag number. 

I really haven't researched the numbers on DE salaries but I could see a 4 or 5 year deal at 16-17 mil per year - 60-65% guaranteed - and a few performance incentives keeping him in Duval.

Dude outperformed Flowers, Ford, Lawerence, Watt, and numerous others in the top 10 DE contracts. Cam Jordan only one clearly above and beyond these guys and his total numbers are real low for the deal he just signed with 42 mil fully gtd. He has a gripe for a raise, yet I believe just signed that deal so probably has to sit on it for another season.
Yan deserves to set the market imo. 4-5 yr deal, 110-115 total monies, with about 55-60 fully gtd.
Anything less than that he's walking cuz someone is going to pay him that I think.

(12-30-2019, 12:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 12:01 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Re-open negotiations now that TC is gone. See if you can reach an agreement. If not, transition tag him, then match the offer because he won't get much more than we're going to offer anyway.

Not a bad strategy IMO. 

I really haven't researched the numbers on DE salaries but I could see a 4 or 5 year deal at 16-17 mil per year - 60-65% guaranteed - and a few performance incentives keeping him in Duval.

You don't want to tag him if you can help it, even if you get a deal done after that it's a bad PR thing. One more reason why Khan needs to hurry up and announce his plan for the leadership.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2019, 01:47 PM by JackCity.)

Yan has the leverage. He'll either gets exactly what he wants from the Jags or will get traded somewhere that will re sign him.

The Jags aren't going to keep him hostage if he doesn't sign the tag, especially given what's happened over the past year.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2019, 01:19 PM by Upper.)

(12-30-2019, 12:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Not a bad strategy IMO. 

Yan ain't taking $3-4M AAV less than Lawrence, Ford, and Clark got last year. Let's not insult the man again. If anything he deserves what they got plus another year of inflation.

(12-30-2019, 01:18 PM)JackCity Wrote: Yan has the leverage. He'll either gets exactly what he wants from the Jags or will get traded somewhere that will trade him.

The Jags aren't going to keep him hostage if he doesn't sign the tag, especially given what's happened over the past year.

That's a bold strategy.

(12-30-2019, 12:33 PM)Kane Wrote: Dude outperformed Flowers, Ford, Lawerence, Watt, and numerous others in the top 10 DE contracts. Cam Jordan only one clearly above and beyond these guys and his total numbers are real low for the deal he just signed with 42 mil fully gtd. He has a gripe for a raise, yet I believe just signed that deal so probably has to sit on it for another season.
Yan deserves to set the market imo. 4-5 yr deal, 110-115 total monies, with about 55-60 fully gtd.
Anything less than that he's walking cuz someone is going to pay him that I think.

If that's what he wants, is to set the market and be the highest paid DE, no thank you.  Tag him or trade him.

(12-30-2019, 01:22 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 01:18 PM)JackCity Wrote: Yan has the leverage. He'll either gets exactly what he wants from the Jags or will get traded somewhere that will trade him.

That's a bold strategy.

It's not even bold. Just practically how it works. 

A team isn't giving up big draft capital for a player who won't want go there and potentially re sign.  See: Clowney rejecting Miami