Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump Indicted, Charges are pending...

(09-06-2023, 09:21 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(09-06-2023, 06:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: They don't want to know, so they gravitate to news sources that don't cover it.

Where can one find this mountain of incontrovertible evidence that you claim exists and is already in public circulation?

You could have just followed the Jan6 hearings and the litany of reports that came out during the indictment announcements. Links to articles flooded my feed on twitter, and the vast majority quoted reliable sources like Reuters and direct quotes from testimony. You aren't going to see it if your "news" exposure is tuned mostly to the Fox/Newsmax infotainment sources of the world. 

I've also posted a solid amount of it in multiple threads here only for it to be "answered" with conspiracy theory and other unfounded garbage echoing right-bent pundits scrabbling for excuses and lies to explain Trump's lost election and justify his crimes. 

It is not hard to find. 

Here is a summary of evidence known in the documents case:
https://www.justsecurity.org/83034/track...documents/

The evidence in the NY business fraud case concerning his taxes and hush payment routing is literally undisputed by his lawyers. It includes a mountain of documentation that verifies Letitia James' claims/charges as well as direct deposition from Trump himself which is available in transcript. The numbers do not lie. 

The false electors scheme has tons of supporting evidence obtained during the Jan 6 hearings:

Ronna McDaniel (RNC Chair) testified damning evidence implicating Trump in the scheme. Including details of a phone call he was on outlaying the illegal plan. 
Election officials and Republican lawmakers from 3 different states involved in that ^ scheme also testified damning evidence.
Ru
Quote:Rusty Bowers, the former Republican speaker of the Arizona House of Representatives, testified that when he was pressured to create a false slate of electors, he told Trump: "You're asking me to do something against my oath. I will not break my oath."
ABC news ^

Emails between Trump aides and Trump's lawyers outline that Trump knew Pence could not legally accept the false electors but that he intended to pressure Pence to do it anyway. There is also testimony from three people about Trump's call to Pence wherein he pressured Pence to act illegally against his oath. 

Quote:"Did you advise the President that in your professional judgment the Vice President DOES NOT have the power to decide things unilaterally?" Jacob said in a text sent to Eastman.

"He's been so advised," Eastman replied.
ABC news quoting Jan6 hearing transcript

This stuff is literally the tip of the iceberg though. Tons more out there if you have time to read transcripts.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-06-2023, 09:31 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(09-06-2023, 08:54 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Riots aren't terrorism and neither are protests, this is just an attempt to broaden the criminal code (again) to over-Police some segments of society. If protestors turn into rioters there's plenty of laws on the books to deal with them if the DAs would apply them to lefties the way they are trying with these righties.

You forgot to emphasize the important part.

mikesez will be along shortly to say, "But that was an attack on the Constitution....."

It's funny how he was typing that exactly as you typed that he would be typing that. Time for him to shift characters again, this one is getting stale.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-06-2023, 12:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-06-2023, 09:31 AM)Sneakers Wrote: You forgot to emphasize the important part.

mikesez will be along shortly to say, "But that was an attack on the Constitution....."

It's funny how he was typing that exactly as you typed that he would be typing that. Time for him to shift characters again, this one is getting stale.

My reply didn't mention the constitution.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(09-06-2023, 12:26 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-06-2023, 12:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's funny how he was typing that exactly as you typed that he would be typing that. Time for him to shift characters again, this one is getting stale.

[Image: lady-denham-pedantic.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2023, 03:17 PM by Sneakers.)

(09-06-2023, 12:26 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-06-2023, 12:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's funny how he was typing that exactly as you typed that he would be typing that. Time for him to shift characters again, this one is getting stale.

Thanks for finally conceding that it wasn't an attack on the Constitution.

(09-06-2023, 12:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-06-2023, 09:31 AM)Sneakers Wrote: You forgot to emphasize the important part.

It was not an overly challenging prognostication.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(09-06-2023, 03:15 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(09-06-2023, 12:26 PM)mikesez Wrote: My reply didn't mention the constitution.

Thanks for finally conceding that it wasn't an attack on the Constitution.

It was not an overly challenging prognostication.

Exclusion in speech is not admission of absence. If I had to include everything I believed to be true in every post, my posts would be much longer.  So would yours.

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2023, 07:28 AM by NH3. Edited 1 time in total.)

Trump's LLC has been revoked in NYC. Trump can no longer do business in NY due to his fraudulent business actions. Also Trump's five lawyers were sanctioned to pay $7500 ea. I'm willing to bet that he/Trump won't pay the fines.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-t...=103508205
"AZANE"

(09-27-2023, 07:17 AM)NH3 Wrote: Trump's LLC has been revoked in NYC. Trump can no longer do business in NY due to his fraudulent business actions. Also Trump's five lawyers were sanctioned to pay $7500 ea. I'm willing to bet that he/Trump won't pay the fines.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

It won't be a ruling that stands. You can't make up valuations when you don't know what you are doing. The county tax assessment is more than the judge said the property was worth.

Also the banks had no problem with anything, weren't harmed, and still aren't involved because there was nothing wrong.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(09-28-2023, 01:01 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(09-27-2023, 07:17 AM)NH3 Wrote: Trump's LLC has been revoked in NYC. Trump can no longer do business in NY due to his fraudulent business actions. Also Trump's five lawyers were sanctioned to pay $7500 ea. I'm willing to bet that he/Trump won't pay the fines.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

It won't be a ruling that stands. You can't make up valuations when you don't know what you are doing. The county tax assessment is more than the judge said the property was worth.

Also the banks had no problem with anything, weren't harmed, and still aren't involved because there was nothing wrong.

Cmon man, they've got him this time.

(09-28-2023, 06:23 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-28-2023, 01:01 AM)p_rushing Wrote: It won't be a ruling that stands. You can't make up valuations when you don't know what you are doing. The county tax assessment is more than the judge said the property was worth.

Cmon man, they've got him this time.

I'm not so sure they've got him on anything here.  A civil suit brought by the government sounds like a witch-hunt from the start.  Who is the injured party and what are the losses?

Also, if provable, intentional fraud occurred, it hard to see how the banks were not complicit, or, at the least, grossly negligent.  They're required by Federal regulations to obtain independent appraisals and do their own due diligence, beginning at a far lower lending threshold.  In either case, the banks are sitting on the evidence.  If it corroborates Trump's, it blows the State's case out of the water.  If it doesn't, dump their stock, if you're holding any.

As I've said before, everything is illegal in New York. Their entire legal system is based on making citizens and businesses feel like they've been given a special dispensation of sorts that could be taken away at any time. I'm sure Trump did falsify his business records because that's his character. I'm also sure New York would try to prosecute him for business crimes even if he did nothing wrong.

(09-28-2023, 07:26 AM)mikesez Wrote: As I've said before, everything is illegal in New York.  Their entire legal system is based on making citizens and businesses feel like they've been given a special dispensation of sorts that could be taken away at any time.  I'm sure Trump did falsify his business records because that's his character.  I'm also sure New York would try to prosecute him for business crimes even if he did nothing wrong.

I’ve reserved comment on this because I know nothing of the New York business climate, but in your opinion, do you think what they charged Trump with is common practice there?

(09-28-2023, 07:43 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-28-2023, 07:26 AM)mikesez Wrote: As I've said before, everything is illegal in New York.  Their entire legal system is based on making citizens and businesses feel like they've been given a special dispensation of sorts that could be taken away at any time.  I'm sure Trump did falsify his business records because that's his character.  I'm also sure New York would try to prosecute him for business crimes even if he did nothing wrong.

I’ve reserved comment on this because I know nothing of the New York business climate, but in your opinion, do you think what they charged Trump with is common practice there?

I don't know much about the case, but if they charged him with inflating the values of his properties, that would be the lender's responsibility to determine that prior to lending him any money.  After all, if you get a mortgage, doesn't the bank do an appraisal?  Like Mike said, I don't doubt that he lied, because he does that every time he opens his mouth, but there has to be some responsibility on the other end of the deal, especially since everyone already knows he lies all the time.

(09-28-2023, 07:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-28-2023, 07:43 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’ve reserved comment on this because I know nothing of the New York business climate, but in your opinion, do you think what they charged Trump with is common practice there?

I don't know much about the case, but if they charged him with inflating the values of his properties, that would be the lender's responsibility to determine that prior to lending him any money.  After all, if you get a mortgage, doesn't the bank do an appraisal?  Like Mike said, I don't doubt that he lied, because he does that every time he opens his mouth, but there has to be some responsibility on the other end of the deal, especially since everyone already knows he lies all the time.

It seems a little fishy. Additionally, the judge sanctioned his lawyers. How often does that happen? I honestly don’t know.

(09-28-2023, 08:04 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-28-2023, 07:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't know much about the case, but if they charged him with inflating the values of his properties, that would be the lender's responsibility to determine that prior to lending him any money.  After all, if you get a mortgage, doesn't the bank do an appraisal?  Like Mike said, I don't doubt that he lied, because he does that every time he opens his mouth, but there has to be some responsibility on the other end of the deal, especially since everyone already knows he lies all the time.

It seems a little fishy. Additionally, the judge sanctioned his lawyers. How often does that happen? I honestly don’t know.

Federal regulations require banks to obtain an independent appraisal for any commercial property mortgage in excess of $400,000.

Sanctioning lawyers is extremely unusual.

(09-28-2023, 07:17 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(09-28-2023, 06:23 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Cmon man, they've got him this time.

I'm not so sure they've got him on anything here.  A civil suit brought by the government sounds like a witch-hunt from the start.  Who is the injured party and what are the losses?

Also, if provable, intentional fraud occurred, it hard to see how the banks were not complicit, or, at the least, grossly negligent.  They're required by Federal regulations to obtain independent appraisals and do their own due diligence, beginning at a far lower lending threshold.  In either case, the banks are sitting on the evidence.  If it corroborates Trump's, it blows the State's case out of the water.  If it doesn't, dump their stock, if you're holding any.

The judge even admitted there were no injuries or loses, no evidence of any wrong doing. The judge ruled without a trial or even allowing a defense. The only possibility of fraud occurring is that Trump and someone in the bank worked together to get the loans.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(09-28-2023, 09:48 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(09-28-2023, 08:04 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: It seems a little fishy. Additionally, the judge sanctioned his lawyers. How often does that happen? I honestly don’t know.

Federal regulations require banks to obtain an independent appraisal for any commercial property mortgage in excess of $400,000.

Sanctioning lawyers is extremely unusual.

This isn't anywhere near my area of expertise, but from what I understand, the banks are required to get an independent appraisal of the property that is mortgaged.  If a property is mentioned only as evidence of ability to pay back a business loan, the regulation may not apply.
I'm fairly confident that this type of thing is not prosecutable in other states.

It is very common for lawyers to be sanctioned for bringing frivolous arguments. The judge usually refers them to the state bar and the state bar may fine them or revoke their license. It is unusual for the judge to just fine them himself, but judges do have wide power to do so.

(09-28-2023, 10:53 AM)mikesez Wrote: It is very common for lawyers to be sanctioned for bringing frivolous arguments. The judge usually refers them to the state bar and the state bar may fine them or revoke their license. It is unusual for the judge to just fine them himself, but judges do have wide power to do so.

Lots of "unusual" judicial and prosecutorial behavior in these Trump cases. Funny that.