Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
WWGD: What Would Gene Do?

What we need is something cathartic for the fan base...something to put Gene behind us.  It can be our version of the Office Space scene where they destroy the copy machine.  Any ideas?

One of these years.............

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:What we need is something cathartic for the fan base...something to put Gene behind us.  It can be our version of the Office Space scene where they destroy the copy machine.  Any ideas?

How about three drafts and three Free Agency periods where the new guy rebuilds the team?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:What we need is something cathartic for the fan base...something to put Gene behind us. It can be our version of the Office Space scene where they destroy the copy machine. Any ideas?

This would work too.. Maybe a Dr. Phil lecture mixed in there somewhere.. I can't think of anything else.. I'm runnin out of needles for my Gene Doll..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:How about three drafts and three Free Agency periods where the new guy rebuilds the team?
And?

It's getting to the point where some of the members of this fan base desperately need a hug to get over Gene Smith.  If you're up for it, I'll go ahead and put you in charge of making that happen.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I feel bad for Smith. The guy was a company man, and a great scout under Coughlin. It was Coughlin who told Weaver to hold on to him.  The results just didn't pan out here. I wish him luck elsewhere.

He actually may have gotten Ali Marpet right, but in the wrong round.  Probably would have traded back into the first to get him.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

He would of taken the Green Beret guy in the 2nd round

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2015, 03:54 PM by JagByte.)

Quote:LOL .... the only thing missing was the trade up to select a guy because we knew Belichick wanted him"

Gene Smith wasn't the best GM but his specialty was outsmarting Belichick in the draft.  :woot:

I think Gene was best at outsmarting Gene!  Smile

Quote:And?

It's getting to the point where some of the members of this fan base desperately need a hug to get over Gene Smith.  If you're up for it, I'll go ahead and put you in charge of making that happen.

What?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Gene was with this organisation 1994-2012..So lets call the statute of limitations set for.. Hmmmm.. 18 years starting in 2012. So, 15 years left.. There's plenty more to say about that piece of trash..

[Image: bravo-o.gif] GIFSoup

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://gifsoup.com/view/3264568/bravo.html'>[Image: bravo-o.gif]</a> <a class="bbc_url" href='http://gifsoup.com'>GIFSoup</a>

I don't know whether to bow or start strippin..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Worst draft pick in Jags' history...R Jay Soward. Gene didn't make the pick...Coughlin did.  One year, I remember Coughlin cut half the draft class before the season began!

None of that is to excuse Smith's performance. I'm just pointing out that in Jaguars' draft history, even without Smith, there have been more misses than hits.  Caldwell's had two great drafts in a row.  That makes him exceptional, not just in Jacksonville, but in the NFL.

Quote:Worst draft pick in Jags' history...R Jay Soward. Gene didn't make the pick...Coughlin did.  One year, I remember Coughlin cut half the draft class before the season began!

None of that is to excuse Smith's performance. I'm just pointing out that in Jaguars' draft history, even without Smith, there have been more misses than hits.  Caldwell's had two great drafts in a row.  That makes him exceptional, not just in Jacksonville, but in the NFL.

Difference is Coughlin had hits.  Smith didn't.  Maybe if Blackmon had turned himself around and became our #1 WR people would be more forgiving of Gene.  But he set this team back a long ways.  4 years, and no real impact players to show for it.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Lol all the former Gene Smith [BLEEP] kissers are getting butt hurt.

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2015, 05:28 PM by Vicbow Rules.)

[Image: 622387514.jpg]

"You find players where you find players."

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:Lol all the former Gene Smith [BAD WORD REMOVED] kissers are getting butt hurt.

No.  I think most people have simply moved on while others just can't.  It happens.  We're now 3 drafts into the Caldwell era and people still can't seem to move on.  I guess this is what they call the bitter clingers?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I'm not a Gene Smith fan. I just recognize that he's an actual human being, and there's no reason to kick a guy when he's down.

As FBT mentioned, the Gene Smith era is over. Let's move on and be grateful the team is under new and smarter management.

Quote:Difference is Coughlin had hits.  Smith didn't.  Maybe if Blackmon had turned himself around and became our #1 WR people would be more forgiving of Gene.  But he set this team back a long ways.  4 years, and no real impact players to show for it.  

I would point out that Coughlin set the team back seven years with his reckless cap spending.

Quote:I would point out that Coughlin set the team back seven years with his reckless cap spending.

And I would point out that during Coughlin's years we saw great periods of success.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

That Seattle longsnapper in the fourth round