Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Michael Bennett = steal of the draft

Hopefully it isn't something that he did off the field.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I saw on twitter he had a groin injury that will keep him out of rookie camp. The issue was that and we are very lucky it was so severe. No need to rush him. Just get him healthy and coach him along slowly.

These are the type of late round picks that I'm talking about. Instead of looking for special teams fillers only Caldwell actually identifies guys with starting potential in the later rounds. At worse they would be marginal rotation players.

Anti-Gene is at it again

The best value since Brewster was an UDFA?

I wouldn't expect much from him until next year. This injury will need to be treated gingerly so he won't be hitting camp full speed. We need to expect a slow development year from him due to a lingering groin injury.

Dudes a monster
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

I can't believe this.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

By 2016, teams will fear our defense.

How did we go from drafting Scotty McGee in the 6th round to getting Michael Bennett in the 6th round??

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:Drafting him kind of makes up for not getting williams
Totally agree

Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

Quote:Walter Football also graded this pick an A+.  Below are their comments:

"This is one of the best third-day picks in the 2015 NFL Draft. Michael Bennett could have easily gone in the second or third round, but thanks to some minor injury concerns, Jacksonville is getting a steal at No. 180 overall. Bennett is definitely going to help the Jaguars apply more pressure on the quarterback." 

I hope he intoduces himself to Andrew Luck.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Quote:I love what this pick signifies. The roster actually has, arguably, a surplus of guys on the D-Line. You see teams like the Packers constantly losing players in FA, only to plug in a player they drafted in the mid to late rounds a year or two prior. They land a couple high compensatory picks, the young guy turns into a good player, and the wheel keeps turning. A year or two down the road, we may be able to say the same thing.
Draft and develop.

Quote:I think he's got two more years. We are getting perfect fits for that defense and our offense is going into year two with a QB and a lot of young but promising players. We definitely need to get at least 5 wins this year imo, would like to see 6 or 7. It all hinges on Bortles.

I agree and also think that if Bradley screws up the games this year and doesn't produce wins then they need to find a different direction at HC.  Caldwell has been bringing in the talent, Bradley has got to do something with it.

Fantastic pick, with two of our three starting caliber DTs having had offseason surgery.

Load and rotate the DL, keep the opposition's OL sucking wind.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:The best value since Brewster was an UDFA?

I'd probably go with Allen Hurns, being that he's still on the team and all.

Quote:I agree and also think that if Bradley screws up the games this year and doesn't produce wins then they need to find a different direction at HC.  Caldwell has been bringing in the talent, Bradley has got to do something with it.

Although I agree, I don't see how much of what has happened is his fault. Our O-line was absolutely terrible last year, he had Gabbert/Henne up until week 4 last year than went to a rookie QB that was viewed as raw or needed time to develop. All of our WR's were rookies besides Shorts last year that produced basically. With the talent we brought in on defense, we saw just a little glimpse of what we can do, and that's with some holes still being on defense and no premier pass rusher.

I don't know, I guess I just don't see how he could have done much better up to this point with what he has been given. I think that these first two years need to be basically tossed out the window. This is the year where we need to start seeing some hope, as I said, 5-7 wins should mean Bortles and co. is starting to show something but still developing, and a lot of our talent are 1st/2nd year players and still improving.

Quote:Although I agree, I don't see how much of what has happened is his fault. Our O-line was absolutely terrible last year, he had Gabbert/Henne up until week 4 last year than went to a rookie QB that was viewed as raw or needed time to develop. All of our WR's were rookies besides Shorts last year that produced basically. With the talent we brought in on defense, we saw just a little glimpse of what we can do, and that's with some holes still being on defense and no premier pass rusher.

I don't know, I guess I just don't see how he could have done much better up to this point with what he has been given. I think that these first two years need to be basically tossed out the window. This is the year where we need to start seeing some hope, as I said, 5-7 wins should mean Bortles and co. is starting to show something but still developing, and a lot of our talent are 1st/2nd year players and still improving.

The two are tied at the hip. Even DC admitted to not bringing enough help/having too many young guys last season.

think we might see ziggy hood.abry jones cut once marks recovers from surgery

great pick

Jesus, imagine this rushing subpackage:

Fowler, Marks, Bennett, Odrick

Sheesh. Quarterbacks might as well just lay down after the snap.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:Jesus, imagine this rushing subpackage:

Fowler, Marks, Bennett, Odrick

Sheesh. Quarterbacks might as well just lay down after the snap.

Fowler, Ryan Davis, Bennett, Clemons.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!