Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Michael Bennett = steal of the draft

What a get for us. Talk about value.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yes him and Greene were 2nd/3rd round prospects

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

WOW...If you weren't happy with the first 2 picks you have to ecstatic about 3-6.  Best overall Jags draft in a lonnng time.

Quote:WOW...If you weren't happy with the first 2 picks you have to ecstatic about 3-6.  Best overall Jags draft in a lonnng time.
Seems like we keep saying that with Caldwell's drafts....

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Ziggy Hood. You're on notice as well.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:WOW...If you weren't happy with the first 2 picks you have to ecstatic about 3-6.  Best overall Jags draft in a lonnng time.
Yeah...since...last year.  :teehee:

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Dude had a 2nd round grade how did he fall to the 6th round?

Quote:Ziggy Hood. You're on notice as well.
Ditto Abry Jones.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Drafting him kind of makes up for not getting williams

Last years draft was the best in jags history.. getting starters in late rounds.. we are doing it again this year.. best 2 drafts in jags history on paper value and talent wise.

If bradley dusnt put up wins this year, hes out cuz we are drafting and signing plenty of talent

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/m...id=2552286

"Bennett is a disciplined, intelligent player who is a fit for teams looking for an upfield disruptor. He relies on his initial burst, hand usage and technique to win at the point of attack. Bennett has the potential to dominate sluggish or weak guards, but might have issues with true power guards in the NFL."

"Draft Projection: Round 2"

Quote:Ditto Abry Jones.

Nah. At least not from this guy from my point of view. Jones is more of a Nose Tackle where Bennett seems more like Marks.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

CBSSports gave this pick an A+.  Below are the comments:

"Unsure why he slipped this far but based on tape this is a second- or third-round value. Bennett is a force from the 3-technique spot and got a lot of penetration for the national title-winning Buckeyes."

Quote:Last years draft was the best in jags history.. getting starters in late rounds.. we are doing it again this year.. best 2 drafts in jags history on paper value and talent wise.

If bradley dusnt put up wins this year, hes out cuz we are drafting and signing plenty of talent
I think he's got two more years. We are getting perfect fits for that defense and our offense is going into year two with a QB and a lot of young but promising players. We definitely need to get at least 5 wins this year imo, would like to see 6 or 7. It all hinges on Bortles.

Round 2 Talent wonder whats up with his medical, but for that talent level not sure it matters as much now in the 6th

Twitter Follow: @jSp3nce

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2015, 04:10 PM by KYjaggy.)

Like I just said in the other thread, we just got a better 3T pass rusher than the Jets picked at 6 overall. Home run as long as the medicals aren't way way scarier than we know. 

Quote:Ziggy Hood. You're on notice as well.

I think Sen'Derrick will start on the PUP which opens up a spot for Bennett.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Like I just said in the other thread, we just got a better 3T pass rusher than the Jets picked at 6 overall. Home run as long as the medicals are way way scarier than we know.

I'm assuming you meant aren't versus are there.

On top of that, no labrum problems that I'm aware of.

Very happy with this pick,, should provide quality rotation on interior with Marks and miller,, which is always a important.

I still don't understand how he fell to the 6th round.  What's hidden from the public that the teams knew about or were worried about?  Assuming all is well, he is an incredible value, and Ziggy now has direct competition for his role.