Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pot Roast at it again

Quote:I doubt it. The model has been Seattle south since the day Bradwell took over. No reason to change that now as we are approaching 1-2 years from completion.

That's true,  that much more on the Defensive Side of the ball.   Yet,  if Greg Olson believes there's one or more Raiders UFA's that can make the Jaguars a significantly improved team,   the Jaguars could become a combination of Seattle south and to a lesser extent Oakland east.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I wonder if he will be guaranteeing any Super Bowl victories if he does sign with the Raiders.

It would have to be money to go from the best team in the division to the worst.

He's been following around JDR and it works for him. No reason to stop now. He can eat whatever he wants and gain all the weight he desires. With a different coach he would have a hard time getting away with that.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2015, 08:43 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:That's true, that much more on the Defensive Side of the ball. Yet, if Greg Olson believes there's one or more Raiders UFA's that can make the Jaguars a significantly improved team, the Jaguars could become a combination of Seattle south and to a lesser extent Oakland east.

The only problem with that is that there isn't much talent on the offensive side of the ball to poach from the Raiders that would be considered an upgrade other than Stefen Wisniewski and from recent comments it seems like Caldwell is happy with the development of Bowanko.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2015, 08:53 PM by D6.)

Quote:The only problem with that is that there isn't much talent on the offensive side of the ball to poach from the Raiders that would be considered an upgrade other than Stefen Wisniewski and from recent comments it seems like Caldwell is happy with the development of Bowanko.

Even though I believe Dave Caldwell likes the way Luke Bonanko progressed,  it wouldn't surprise me if Stefen Wisniewski was a major target of Caldwell and co.   Especially,  considering the Jaguars have a plethora of salary cap space and the ultra importance of getting the interior of the Offensive Line stabilized.

Also,   there could be serious interest in some Raiders Defensive UFA's,  being that Greg Olson watched them in practice.  Not to mention,  Offensive UFA's in 2016,  assuming things go well this season and the key components of the Jags coaching staff have stability.

I don't think teams want this guy as much as everyone thinks. If he goes to the Raiders and doesn't get paid very well, we'll know. Less than a month away from FA!

If he doesn't get paid well, but keeps playing at a high level, then we'll know the worry wasn't necessarily justified.

I understand why folks would be worried about the weight, but at the same time I feel his level of play has been worth the risk so far.  The real risk is how that will affect him as he ages.  As Manuwai proved, you can drop off a cliff in a hurry if you can't manage it later in your career.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Even though I believe Dave Caldwell likes the way Luke Bonanko progressed,  it wouldn't surprise me if Stefen Wisniewski was a major target of Caldwell and co.   Especially,  considering the Jaguars have a plethora of salary cap space and the ultra importance of getting the interior of the Offensive Line stabilized.

Also,   there could be serious interest in some Raiders Defensive UFA's,  being that Greg Olson watched them in practice.  Not to mention,  Offensive UFA's in 2016,  assuming things go well this season and the key components of the Jags coaching staff have stability.

Other than a right tackle, I would be surprised if they signed a veteran lineman. Not an interior guy unless he is for depth.

;

;

Quote:Other than a right tackle, I would be surprised if they signed a veteran lineman. Not an interior guy unless he is for depth.

RT does indeed look like the most likely position the Jaguars will seek a veteran starter in Free Agency.    Yet,  because of the importance of Blake Bortles have a much cleaner pocket and having a player with extensive experience at Center for communication and adjustment purposes,  I can realistically envision the Jaguars signing a starting caliber veteran if the team brass clearly believes there's an upgrade.  Granted,  Center no longer seems like an urgent need for the Jaguars.  But because the team has tremendous salary cap flexibility,   at the very least I think Dave Caldwell and co.  are going to explore upgrade options.  

JDR strongly implied that the Raiders have serious interest in signing Pot Roast.   At the very least,  the Raiders are the favorites to land him:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ear-types/

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2015, 11:24 AM by knarnn.)

Quote:JDR strongly implied that the Raiders have serious interest in signing Pot Roast. At the very least, the Raiders are the favorites to land him:

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/18/jack-del-rio-on-terrance-knighton-you-need-those-dancing-bear-types/'>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/18/jack-del-rio-on-terrance-knighton-you-need-those-dancing-bear-types/</a>
I looks like the interest is mutual according to Knighton's comments while also taking a shot at the Broncos.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.nbcsports.com/content/terrance-knighton-broncos-lack-interest-%E2%80%9Csomewhat-disrespectful%E2%80%9D'>http://m.nbcsports.com/content/terrance-knighton-broncos-lack-interest-“somewhat-disrespectful”</a>

It looks like the pot roast is stewing.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

JDR and Potroast are prefect for one another. They both think quite highly of theirselves.

Quote:I looks like the interest is mutual according to Knighton's comments while also taking a shot at the Broncos.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.nbcsports.com/content/terrance-knighton-broncos-lack-interest-%E2%80%9Csomewhat-disrespectful%E2%80%9D'>http://m.nbcsports.com/content/terrance-knighton-broncos-lack-interest-“somewhat-disrespectful”</a>

If the Broncos truly aren't seriously interested in re-signing Pot Roast,   I think a major factor would be the Broncos are planning on using a 3-4 Base Defense under new Defensive Coordinator Wade Phillips.     In a 3-4 Defense,  they could easily feel that Pot Roast wouldn't justify a significant salary increase,  based on the efficiency salary cap factor.

Knighton next to Marks would be a beast DT combination
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:I don't think teams want this guy as much as everyone thinks. If he goes to the Raiders and doesn't get paid very well, we'll know. Less than a month away from FA!

I'll go ahead and take credit. I don't get it right often.

Stud defensive tackles don't make 4 million a year, and they damn sure don't get 2 year deals.

Hopefully he keeps his weight down, plays well, and earns a better deal in 2016. I don't see it happening.

He played at a high level while "overweight" here all the time and did the same thing in Denver. It's only going to scare away teams that didn't do their homework.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Am I the only person that didn't think he was that good? Remember him being benched...

Quote:He played at a high level while "overweight" here all the time and did the same thing in Denver. It's only going to scare away teams that didn't do their homework.

How's that true?  If he keeps putting on more and more weight its going to effect his play and health.  The heavier he gets, the higher risk of injury.

Lets all act like he didn't gas during games and have to be pulled because he was too tired.

I like Pot Roast, but lets not act like his weight isn't holding him back from being a better player.

I wonder how much money the weight issue cost him this offseason. I love greasy food as much as the next person, but if there was millions of dollars at stake because of my weight, I'd buy a juicer.

Quote:He played at a high level while "overweight" here all the time and did the same thing in Denver. It's only going to scare away teams that didn't do their homework.

I mean, he flashed at times, but I don't see how anyone can say his play was at a high level. He's a space eater and average run stopper in my mind. Weight problems or none, players that play at a high level don't typically get 1 year 4 million dollar contracts.

It's time to admit Caldwell was right on letting both Knighton and Cox walk, even though a ton of people disagreed with it.