Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pete Prisco convinced Jags are super bowl contenders in a couple of years

Quote:Pete Prisco isn't very credible in my book- he joined Mike Freeman in the whole "Leftwich is a guaranteed 10 year All Pro and anyone who doesn't see it is a complete idiot" nonsense back in the day, if you remember- but I think I understand his optimism to a degree, We're seeing some players start to emerge as potential stars and all in the same group together. If Bortles is a top ten QB two or three years from now, we might find his comments more true than false. Generally, though, I would side with those on this thread who would temper their enthusiasm for awhile yet.
If memory serves me correctly he also thought Gabbert was a franchise QB going into his third season. I never really liked many of his takes on much of anything, but after his "analysis" on Gabbert he lost all credibility with me.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I would agree with Prisco on this. Of course, it all depends on Bortles and the development of the offensive line. If Caldwell is able to have a draft comparable to last year's and acquire a couple of solid free agents to plug in, his prediction is a possibility. If I was Caldwell, I'd target one of the top O.Linemen (Bulaga or Iupatti) and a pass catching tight end (Clay or Cameron- Thomas won't be available). If this happens, they could get a quality Leo (Gregory or Ray) in round 1 and the best available free safety in round 2. Linebacker and additional O.Line would be the priority for the rest of the draft. After watching how effective a healthy Gerhart can be, I believe the tandem of he and Robinson with Todman in reserve can be very productive with animproved O.Line. Wide receiver will be a strength with the 3 rookies having 1 season under their belts and if Blackmon returns they can be in the top 5 in production.

Yes, I am a homer but the skeptics will be proven wrong. Bradley will not only survive his rocky start, but will become one of the most respected coaches in the league.

I feel pretty optimistic.  I think we're accumulating some talent, and steadily reducing the number of roster holes that need to be filled.   I think the coaching staff is fine.   I think if we have some luck in free agency and the draft, we could be 8-8 next season. 

Quarterback is settled.  WR is settled.  Defensive Back is settled except for Free Safety.  Defensive line is mostly settled.  This is a much better situation than we had 2 years ago.  

You have to understand how this team is being built.  The chosen method of tearing the team down completely and building mostly through the draft is guaranteed to produce 2 years of pain and very few wins.  It's very rare for an NFL team to be built this way, because most teams don't have the guts to do it.  

A lot of fans will point to the results in the W-L and say they don't see the progress and that the coaches should be fired, etc.  I think those fans are letting their emotions get the best of them and are being short-sighted.   

Im not gonna say we will even be playoff contenders until I see Blake is much improved next year. Not all players just have a linear progression. He has some tools and strengths for sure but theres many areas he has to improve.

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2014, 10:50 AM by RicoTx.)

Positive comments are not allowed...

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

All the NFL teams are SB contenders at the start of the season...then Gus and Jedd do what they always do : win 3 or 4 games.

Quote:All the NFL teams are SB contenders at the start of the season...then Gus and Jedd do what they always do : win 3 or 4 games.

With by far the youngest starting lineup I've ever seen. 

Quote:Anyone that thinks this team/franchise is a mere couple of years from a Superbowl is in LaLa land. We have a ton of work to do to get to mediocrity. It is not meant as a bash, merely a statement of fact.

That just simply isn't true in today's NFL. Every team can turn things around very quickly if they make the right moves. Pete seems to think they have and that we will see big strides made in 2015. Time will tell.

If we add a stud in the secondary and build the o-line we do have a chance at something special.

Im on the fence with fisch though. Bortles just seems better at traditional dropbacks and rollouts and fisch gets away from that alot. Id like to bring an OC who uses something more like San Diego or Indy with post routes, deep comebacks and crossing routes.

We only seem to run hitchs and quickslants with a rare fly.

I agree with Prisco......That felt weird.... Anyways, yeah I believe in a few years we should be playoff contenders and hoping for a Super Bowl.

This year wasnt what some people had expected but for me it was. I mean I was hoping to hit 5 wins but that was a stretch even.

Very young team, we knew or had a very good feeling that a rookie QB would take over with rookie WR's and his Oline was going to be crumbling most of the season even tho we had hoped the big FA would help or the second year player who missed almost all of his rookie season would be on that line.

Most of us knew the O would have issues because of all the rookies and the oline issues, we had hoped that Bortles coming in as a rookie would do amazing work but that didnt happen like we had dreamed, he did have some flashes tho.

But we do have pieces in play and it was nice to see improvement on the Def, we know they need help still too but it looks bright IMO.

Well, we do know it's possible because the Dallas Cowboys did it back in the day of Jimmy Johnson. I'd put Gus Bradley up against Jimmy any day of the week in terms of enthusiasm and motivating his players. Notice I did NOT say or even infer that Gus has Jimmy's knowledge of the X & O part of this game so don't go off misconstruing what I'm saying here. You know, for a 3-12 team I have yet to see "anyone" on this team give off the vibe they have quit on either the coaching staff OR themselves. That is something to take notice of and admire. Two years might be a bit of a stretch because we have MUCH WORK to do and trades & acquisitions to be made, but I believe this team is on the right track and any talk of removing Bradley would be a HUGE mistake. As for the others, clearly changes are in order.

chicken in the bread pan picking at dough...

No one is safe.

Quote:Yea, I do believe that. I think with a better head coach, offensive coordinator, and special teams coordinator this team would have double the wins as they stand today.
You're an idiot.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

It's the NFL. The league is so fluid it's almost impossible to say
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Too many people see with these:

[Image: goggles_teal.jpg]

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Too many people see with these:

[Image: goggles_teal.jpg]

U Mad?

Quote:You're an idiot.
That was constructive. 

Quote:Do you believe that a different coach would have gotten more out of this team as they stand right now? Do you think another coach would have significantly more wins that we have right now? Serious question.

I ask because with what they have starting on offense and even defensively in the secondary, the fact that we are not THE worst team in the league and that we are competitive on a lot of Sunday's is pretty impressive.
A different coach could do better? Yea.

I think Zimmer and Norv could do better with this team this year. Vikings are moving the ball against the Dolphins right now with less talent. Asiata, Teddy and Charles Johnson? And their oline sucks too.

Quote:If we add a stud in the secondary and build the o-line we do have a chance at something special.

Im on the fence with fisch though. Bortles just seems better at traditional dropbacks and rollouts and fisch gets away from that alot. Id like to bring an OC who uses something more like San Diego or Indy with post routes, deep comebacks and crossing routes.

We only seem to run hitchs and quickslants with a rare fly.

If one does not have a concern with Fish, they really just aren't watching.  Either that, or they choose to ignore the overall issues with the offense.

I will admit that it's very, very difficult to analyze our offense with how bad our O-Line is playing, the overall concern with how we attack, what our tendancies are, and how slow we are to make the correct personel calls is concerning.  

Attacking the sidelines with Gerhart, continuing to make CSIII the first read, not utilizing the middle of the field with TEs and RBs, are just a few of the things that fall on the desk of the OC.  

On top of that, BB5's footwork is getting worse.  To tell me that "we're in the regular season" and there's no time to work on footwork just seems ridiculous.  You're basically saying that the coaches and players can't walk and chew gum at the same time.

Quote:A different coach could do better? Yea.

I think Zimmer and Norv could do better with this team this year. Vikings are moving the ball against the Dolphins right now with less talent. Asiata, Teddy and Charles Johnson? And their oline sucks too.

He's got Greg Jennings and Kyle Rudolph too right?