Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Which QB can be better?
Blake Bortles
Andrew Luck
[Show Results]

Bortles vs. Luck

Quote:The INTs are what will keep Luck from ever being Rodgers, Peyton, Brady. As for Blake? Who knows. I'd take his potential over Dalton/Tannehill that someone else mentioned.

Like Rooster said though, it's not always all QB. Though it helps.

Rodgers team lost to Kyle freakin Orton's team. The Bucs beat Big Ben's team and Drew Brees' team has 6 wins...

Would u say Brett Favre was elite? I'm not sure how many interceptions he threw compared to Luck at this point in their careers, and my google is broken today so I can't look it up...

I think Luck has a pretty good chance to turn in to that elite level QB over the course of the next few years. As it goes, it doesn't matter because there's nothing we can do about it, except hope Bortles is better. I can't say if he will be or not at this point.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Would u say Brett Favre was elite? I'm not sure how many interceptions he threw compared to Luck at this point in their careers, and my google is broken today so I can't look it up...

I think Luck has a pretty good chance to turn in to that elite level QB over the course of the next few years. As it goes, it doesn't matter because there's nothing we can do about it, except hope Bortles is better. I can't say if he will be or not at this point.

Luck will move up closer towards the top of the QB chain as the elite Qbs (P Manning, Brady ect...) in front of him right now, either retire or their skills diminish because of getting older.

It's really only a few years away as Brady will be 38 next season and P manning will be 39.

There really isn't many great young QBs in the NFL right now ( Rodgers and maybe Wilson) and that will just move Luck even further up the QB ladder. Some good ones maybe, but do you see Brady/Manning greatness in any of the young QBs out there except for Rodgers, and he just turned 31?

Unless some of the young QBs in the league right now develop into really great Qbs, Luck will probably be near the top behind Rodgers and either in front of or behind Wilson, depending on who makes out the list.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Would u say Brett Favre was elite? I'm not sure how many interceptions he threw compared to Luck at this point in their careers, and my google is broken today so I can't look it up...

I'm not denying Favre that. And not saying you can't be "elite" throwing a lot of INTs. But I'd rather have Rodgers 35-5 than Luck's 38-14. I just don't think Luck's game is suited to him drastically cutting down those INT numbers. It is what it is. They're both better than what we have, for now, hopefully.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2014, 07:40 PM by muddylips.)

... are you serious? Luck came out of the box looking light years better than Bortles on his best day! But there is this; luck is also playing with veterans, including some pro bowlers. Bortles isn't... 'nuff said.

Luck had better throwing mechanics from the get/go while Bortles still needs a lot of work. I think that Bortles was a good draft, just not at #3 overall. Still... he's our guy now so we've got to go with who we have. The #1 thing Dave needs to do to help this kid is to get some bodies on that line in front of him who won't whiff on blocks and get pushed backwards into him half the time! 'Nuff said on that subject...

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Luck had a possible HoF WR bailing him out a LOT in his first year. However I still think Luck has the most upside of any QB in the NFL barring possibly Rodgers.

Bortles now has 13 votes which means this board has 13 blind homers.

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2014, 09:54 PM by Haterade.)

Luck is better now, but I could picture Bortles surpassing him. Just depends on his development, the players around him, and the playcalling. I expect Bortles to develop quite a bit, whereas Luck may have already peaked. If anything, I expect Luck to regress especially when he gets the biggest contract in NFL history

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2014, 05:33 PM by Cleatwood.)

Quote:Bortles now has 13 votes which means this board has 13 blind homers.
Hahah exactly. This thread is a joke.

I love Blake but there is not one thing he does better than Luck. Not one.

Quote:Hahah exactly. This thread is a joke.

I love Blake but there is not one thing he does better than Luck. Not one.

The joke is how your man-love played today.

Blake has never been benched for Hasselbeck. So he has that going for him. Which is nice. In time, maybe he'll do that as well as luck, too...
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:The joke is how your man-love played today.

Blake has never been benched for Hasselbeck. So he has that going for him. Which is nice. In time, maybe he'll do that as well as luck, too...
That's because Hasselbeck isn't our backup QB....

We can only hope Blake can lead this team to 3 straight playoff appearances starting with his rookie season....

Also not a man love... Just know a good QB when I see one.

Bortles has Courage and improvability those are skills you cannot teach. 

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

How about Luck today? Lol, he got shut out by the Cowboys.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Who do you think will be/is better than the other? Right now, obviously Luck is performing better but Bortles has shown us a few moments that show us he can be just as good as Luck. I now I might sound like a parrot, but I think Bortles just needs more time (offseason) to properly fix his mechanics, and we need an offensive line. Who do you guys think can be better?

UPDATE: Okay, so this has turned into a hate-fest. Sorry for posting my opinion which is clearly too stupid and embarrassing to be shown on the message board.

I'm a Jaguar homer and thus a huge fan of Blake Bortles but even I couldnt vote for him in this poll.   At this point in his career he hasnt proven to be as good as Luck.. that could change over time and thus I would select Blake out of hope but based on facts luck wins this poll at this particular point in time.

It isn't close, Luck by a long shot now and for the future.

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2014, 11:51 AM by Cleatwood.)

Quote: 

I'm a Jaguar homer and thus a huge fan of Blake Bortles but even I couldnt vote for him in this poll.   At this point in his career he hasnt proven to be as good as Luck.. that could change over time and thus I would select Blake out of hope but based on facts luck wins this poll at this particular point in time.
If you did this poll with all 32 GMs and all 32 HC's... Do you think any of them would pick Blake?

Also... If the Colts called Caldwell and said "We will trade you Luck for Blake straight up." You think Caldwell wouldn't take the deal?

I'm also prefacing this by saying I still REALLY like Blake.

The only way anyone would take Bortles over Luck is if they got their names confused.

Quote:The only way anyone would take Bortles over Luck is if they got their names confused.

Or really good drugs.

I saw Luck play worse that Gabbert last night. I'm going to have to say Blake has the higher ceiling.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:I love the two homers who voted Bortles. Luck is in a totally different league right now. Infact Andrew Luck maybe the best Qb in the AFC. Yes better than brady

He's not better than Brady, yet.

Luck is like top 6-7 right now. Not quite elite but almost their. Blake has more seasoning to do period. Blake has potential to be a top 5 qb but next year he needs to take a stride in proving that. Luck has already shown he had the ability. He just needs Manning and Brady to retire to be put in that category.