Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Telvin was everywhere

Quote:He was a beast on that dominating FSU defense and one of the emotional and vocal leaders as well. This has been no surprise to see him excel at this level. He was placed as a high 2nd rounder but dropped in the draft due to a marijuana test that was positive. He was a steal for sure and will be playing for this team a very long time.

Funny how it works out. A torn ACL and a flunked drug test helped the team land Aaron Colvin and Telvin Smith as ridiculous values.

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Funny how it works out. A torn ACL and a flunked drug test helped the team land Aaron Colvin and Telvin Smith as ridiculous values.

What flunked drug test?

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2014, 02:03 PM by Treestone Ice.)

Quote:What flunked drug test?
You didn't know? Colvin tested positive for PCP, meth, and crack-cocaine at the combine, and Telvin Smith had full knee replacement surgery in both of his knees, twice. The doctors say he's built like a robot now.

I'm surprised you didn't hear about that, J-Wom.

Quote:"After every game. The reward system is one scoop for competing, one scoop for getting better, toppings for capitalizing on opportoonies, and extra scoops for actually winning." -Jerrad

I'm convinced you need to be a stand-up comedian.

Thank you I'll be here all week. Try the veal!
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:I admittedly don't spend very much time watching college ball, so my opinion is likely to be almost always wrong on these guys coming out of the draft. That being said, I didn't like the idea of drafting a smallish but fast LB, mostly because I usually don't like the idea of drafting smaller players (I hated when the team initially picked MJD, for example, even though I knew I whiffed on that one by the end of his first preseason), but he has certainly shut me up, and fast. I was extremely impressed with his play and enthusiasm on Thursday. The guy obviously loves the game, and I'm happy he's on our team.

In the first few games Telvin played in, he looked pretty bad to be honest. I don't remember when the turning point was, but the coaches have already developed the heck out of this guy. I'm very happy to eat crow for not wanting Telvin Smith when we drafted him, and I'm real excited to see him play next season.

The turning point came when he started at the WILL LB position instead of the Nickle LB position. I wish that he'd started at the WILL position from day one...

He Be Good...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Funny how it works out. A torn ACL and a flunked drug test helped the team land Aaron Colvin and Telvin Smith as ridiculous values.

NOW, Now, now... let's not bring up the tinted past...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:You didn't know? Colvin tested positive for PCP, meth, and crack-cocaine at the combine, and Telvin Smith had full knee replacement surgery in both of his knees, twice. The doctors say he's built like a robot now.

Yup, they were pretty traumatic knee concussions JDub.

Quote:You didn't know? Colvin tested positive for PCP, meth, and crack-cocaine at the combine, and Telvin Smith had full knee replacement surgery in both of his knees, twice. The doctors say he's built like a robot now.

*Eagerly awaits response* 

Popcorn ready... Let the replies begin.
Signature goes here.

Defense is going to be stacked next year and beyond. It's the offense that has me worried.

Quote:Defense is going to be stacked next year and beyond. It's the offense that has me worried.
Hopefully Caldwell got the hint this year and stacks the offense during this offseason.  If our offense was even mediocre at this point, we'd be in good shape.

Quote:He was also credited with 15 tackles.Wow.A fourth rounder has 15 tackles in his rookie year?Very impressive.

Also fun to see the other young guns on defense.Two weeks in a row they held the opposing team to 13 points.
Underrated in skill.. Telvin Smith is going to be even better next season if they draft a great safety and CB....

Quote:Underrated in skill.. Telvin Smith is going to be even better next season if they draft a great safety and CB....
Corners and safeties make LBs better?

Quote:Corners and safeties make LBs better?
Good everythings make everyone better. Now I haven't been able to catch a game past week 6 this entire year but Telvin comes off as a guy who will often get caught out of position trying to compensate for everyone else.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:Corners and safeties make LBs better?
Having a healthy Poz next to him will help, and having great CBs & Safetys might allow the DC to have him blitz more...

getting in the backfield for sacks or tackles for a loss.

Quote:Good everythings make everyone better. Now I haven't been able to catch a game past week 6 this entire year but Telvin comes off as a guy who will often get caught out of position trying to compensate for everyone else.
Agreed! 

I felt his fine was unfair... i understand the penalty but I didnt feel that he meant to go helmut to helmut.

Quote: go helmut to helmut.
Really bad dogs fighting each other?

Sorry Helmet

Quote:Underrated in skill.. Telvin Smith is going to be even better next season if they draft a great safety and CB....

Safety is a possibility, BUT our 2015 CBs are already in place in the form of McCray and Colvin...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Defense is going to be stacked next year and beyond. It's the offense that has me worried.
You're saying you have your so called franchise quarterback in his second year and you're still worried?