Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Telvin was everywhere

He was also credited with 15 tackles.Wow.A fourth rounder has 15 tackles in his rookie year?Very impressive.

Also fun to see the other young guns on defense.Two weeks in a row they held the opposing team to 13 points.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He was also credited with 15 tackles.Wow.A fourth rounder has 15 tackles in his rookie year?Very impressive.

Also fun to see the other young guns on defense.Two weeks in a row they held the opposing team to 13 points.

I think he was a fifth round pick. 

He looks like an absolute steal.  High energy, all over the field, can run, can tackle, he looks reeeeal  gooood. 

5th rounder, not 4th. Makes it even better.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

He good.

Hopefully we can get him some help and find another good LB or two.

...a steal thus far.

Quote:I think he was a fifth round pick. 

He looks like an absolute steal. High energy, all over the field, can run, can tackle, he looks real  good. 

And a nose for the ball. When he reaches his ceiling, he won't look like a fifth round pick.

He already looks better than his draft position would suggest....

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:He already looks better than his draft position would suggest....

which means David Caldwell knows how to find talent in the later rounds.

Quote:which means David Caldwell knows how to find talent in the later rounds.

Anyone with half a brain would have taken him (which doesn't say much about the other 31 GMs). 
Telvin Smith had 2nd round talent coming out of college. He was #1 on my wish list before the 4th round started. Of course Colvin was a better 4th round pick because CB is more important than 4-3 LB, so Caldwell did better than I would have. It's good to have a GM who picks the best players.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:He was also credited with 15 tackles.Wow.A fourth rounder has 15 tackles in his rookie year?Very impressive.

Watching the game, I'm not surprised. He seemed to be making every other tackle.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Telvin is a building block on this defense.  The way that guy is making plays right now, shows us that the future is bright.  I'm excited to see these young guys develop.  Better days are coming to Jacksonville if Caldwell continues to bring in good talent and steal a couple more draft picks in the later rounds.

Telvin good. Colvin good. Marks good. Chris smith and Ryan Davis good. McCray good.

Got some good football players on d. One or two will regress but hopefully one or two take the leap to be great.

Quote:Telvin good. Colvin good. Marks good. Chris smith and Ryan Davis good. McCray good.

Got some good football players on d. One or two will regress but hopefully one or two take the leap to be great.

Yes. Chris Smith, IMO, is playing really well!
Shock the world

Man next year could be exciting if the online gets fixed. I'm so excited to see what this D can become!

Telvin wasn't EVERYWHERE. Anybody that watches football should know that Telvin Smith plays linebacker. If he was everywhere, he would obviously be covering wide receivers, catching passes, and playing QB.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Telvin wasn't EVERYWHERE. Anybody that watches football should know that Telvin Smith plays linebacker. If he was everywhere, he would obviously be covering wide receivers, catching passes, and playing QB.

He was everywhere on the field. "Everywhere" does not mean playing all 22 positions.

Most players who wear #50 are linebackers, so that is pretty easy to remember.

Quote:He was everywhere on the field. "Everywhere" does not mean playing all 22 positions.

Whoosh

He's earning these tackles. It isn't like when some players are taken advantage of so they have inflated stats because they're being targeted. He's going after the ball and stopping the play.

Quote:He was everywhere on the field. "Everywhere" does not mean playing all 22 positions.

How could he possibly be everywhere? Last I checked, human beings can only be in one place at a time. Telvin Smith #50 was only in one place: outside linebacker.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!