Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Honest question what's different next year?

Quote:The defense is better. The offense is bottom of the league. The special teams are competing for worst all time.

Overall it's a team that is worse than last year, and maybe even worse than under Mularkey. Try to really consider that prospect for a moment.

The only thing we have is hope that Bortles turns it around, and right now if I wasn't a Jags homer, I'm not sure I could find a compelling reason to believe that is going to happen.

The defense is better.  The running game is better.  Bortles is a rookie, what better evidence do you need of a player with the potential to turn it around.  He's athletic and has a great arm.  He also has a rookie receiving corps and is playing tentatively due to the turn overs.  Is there any question that he's a better QB than Henne or Gabbert?  The special teams have made some big mistakes but there are aspects tthat are playing well.  Mularkey was dealing with a team that hadn't been completely torn down and rebuilt from scratch.  This year's team has *waaaaay* more upside so try to hold on to some perspective.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Dude. They are 1-10.

<sigh>  Most fans look only skin deep, I totally get it. 

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2014, 08:25 PM by Bon Jagley.)

Quote:<sigh>  Most fans look only skin deep, I totally get it. 

Sigh? They just got their butts whooped and scored 3 points. This was two after after they got their butts whooped. Just like they did against Indy the first time. And against Washington and San Diego and Miami and Cincinnati. 

;

;

It does seem pretty bad right about now.

The things that give me just a bit of hope is seeing the defence play at a much higher level this season after being pretty awful last season. The hope is that with a couple of FA signings, a solid draft, and improvement from all the rookies, that the offence can at least be competent in 2015.

Quote:<sigh>  Most fans look only skin deep, I totally get it.
Let me know when they start handing out trophies in the NFL for participation and improvement.

My kid made straight F's for the third straight semester. But I am not worried because most parents only look skin deep. I see the improvement.

;

;

Quote:Sigh? They just got their butts whooped and scored 3 points. This was two after after they got their butts whooped. Just like they did against Indy the first time. And against Washington and San Diego and Miami and Cincinnati. 

I sigh because it seems so difficult for so many people to understand that we were going to suck for the first 2 or 3 years of the new regime.  I sigh because people are so short sighted that they want to dump a talented rookie QB who played at UCF (UCF!) after 10 games or however long it's been.  This is what a rebuild looks like folks, I told people this over and over again but to many Madden players think you can turn a completely barren roster into a Superbowl contender in two offseasons.  This year's been disappointing for sure but did anyone *really* think we'd be in the playoffs this year?  I said maybe seven wins but I knew at the time it was optimistic and things would have to go right.  I didn't expect only one win, but sometimes progress doesn't follow a linear path.  We suck, eventually we'll be back in the playoffs, of this I can guarantee you.  That is all.

Quote:My kid made straight F's for the third straight semester. But I am not worried because most parents only look skin deep. I see the improvement.

Not me.  Sounds like your kid is just stupid.

Quote:The defense is better.  The running game is better.  Bortles is a rookie, what better evidence do you need of a player with the potential to turn it around.  He's athletic and has a great arm.  He also has a rookie receiving corps and is playing tentatively due to the turn overs.  Is there any question that he's a better QB than Henne or Gabbert?  The special teams have made some big mistakes but there are aspects tthat are playing well.  Mularkey was dealing with a team that hadn't been completely torn down and rebuilt from scratch.  This year's team has *waaaaay* more upside so try to hold on to some perspective.

"Gabbert is a rookie, what better evidence do you need of a player with the potential to turn it around.  He's athletic and has a great arm."

Pure hope based on being a Jags homer. I have hope too, I'm just not unaware that it's based on seeing almost nothing on field to warrant it.

We've been a draft away from seeing the promised progress for a decade.

Quote:Not me.  Sounds like your kid is just stupid.

Is he though, or is it the parent who keeps believing anyway?

Quote:I sigh because it seems so difficult for so many people to understand that we were going to suck for the first 2 or 3 years of the new regime.  I sigh because people are so short sighted that they want to dump a talented rookie QB who played at UCF (UCF!) after 10 games or however long it's been.  This is what a rebuild looks like folks, I told people this over and over again but to many Madden players think you can turn a completely barren roster into a Superbowl contender in two offseasons.  This year's been disappointing for sure but did anyone *really* think we'd be in the playoffs this year?  I said maybe seven wins but I knew at the time it was optimistic and things would have to go right.  I didn't expect only one win, but sometimes progress doesn't follow a linear path.  We suck, eventually we'll be back in the playoffs, of this I can guarantee you.  That is all.

You are allowing your emotions to take over.

People want hope. There has been no hope here for a long time.

Don't blame the fans for being disappointed

;

;

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2014, 08:36 PM by the Chiefjag.)

I asked the same thing at the beginning of this season and was told how much better this team is compared to last year. Let's see:

1. We go into the season with Chad Henne

2. We have Joeckel coming off injury and less than 1/2 a season. 

3. Rookie Center

4. New guards and tackle

5. New running back

6. Rookie WR's

Defense secondary fairly new, LB's new. The only unit appearing to have been upgraded was the DL. There just wasn't any real upgrade to the overall team. I predicted 3 wins and that seems optimistic.

Regards........................the Chiefjag

When was the last time it was fun to be a Jag fan????? We are not really any better than we were 3 years ago!! Look at the record the only stat that matters! We lead the NFL in interceptions...have on a good day a high school offense and our coaching staff is so far over their collective heads it hurts to watch.

I miss the days we actually played a meaningful game and our biggest worry was the national media did not love us. 

Quote:I sigh because it seems so difficult for so many people to understand that we were going to suck for the first 2 or 3 years of the new regime. 

Ah, so now it's the magic FOURTH year where we will see major improvement (and winning doesn't matter until the 2016-2017 season). 

Until then, one scoop for participation and two scoops for effort.

"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Quote:You are allowing your emotions to take over.

People want hope. There has been no hope here for a long time.

Don't blame the fans for being disappointed

I actually do understand it, I'm there with you.  I'm disappointed this season hasn't shown more progress but I balance that with the understanding that it takes a while to turn a team.  There are quick fixes I think Caldwell could have made that would have made us all feel better but he didn't choose to go that way and if it doesn't work out that's why he'll get replaced down the road.  Not after his second season though.

Quote:Ah, so now it's the magic FOURTH year where we will see major improvement (and winning doesn't matter until the 2016-2017 season). 

Until then, one scoop for participation and two scoops for effort.

When Dave and Gus were hired, year three was the first year *everyone* was saying we should be in contention.   Year four is when we should be past that initial phase into the playoffs on a regular basis.  Go back and look if you doubt me.  Now people are getting their panties in a wad because it isn't going as fast as their video game.  That's pretty funny.

Quote:I actually do understand it, I'm there with you.  I'm disappointed this season has shown more progress but I balance that with the understanding that it takes a while to turn a team.  There are quick fixes I think Caldwell could have made that would have made us all feel better but he didn't choose to go that way and if it doesn't work out that's why he'll get replaced down the road.  Not after his second season though.

I don't think it is unreasonable to have expected more than a 1-10 start and being the worst team in the league.

;

;

Quote:I don't think it is unreasonable to have expected more than a 1-10 start and being the worst team in the league.

I agree with this.  I was hoping to be pushing for .500 this year.  But if the reaction is to fire everyone and cut the QB which it seems to be, I have to differ.

Quote:I don't think it is unreasonable to have expected more than a 1-10 start and being the worst team in the league.
Don't you get it?! The record doesn't matter!

all you gotta do is improve from 4-12 to 1-10! With a better roster!

Quote:Now people are getting their panties in a wad because it isn't going as fast as their video game.  That's pretty funny.

Ah the internet. Where everyone who thinks the team should be showing improvement is year two is a madden player with their panties in a wad.

Keep being classy.