Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Playoff Committee

Quote:That is exactly what it is. Perception not reality. That is why TCU is ahead of Baylor even though Baylor beat TCU. And Georgia continues to be ranked high despite losing to two mediocre teams. It is about what the committee thinks not what they know.

All along we knew it was going to be about their perception. The only issue I have with that is that 4 teams doesn't allow enough room for error in that perception.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'm fine with Alabama bring ahead of FSU. They're playing the best right now IMO. I don't think an Oregon team that lost at home to an unranked Arizona team should be though.
I can buy that. I guess I should have said that I think the right four teams are in. 2/3 doesn't matter, and I think when all is said and done there's little difference between 1 and 4 either.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

And if teams like Baylor and Mississippi State make it despite laughable non-conference schedules, I think we could see an impact on the way team's schedule those games going forward.

Quote:And if teams like Baylor and Mississippi State make it despite laughable non-conference schedules, I think we could see an impact on the way team's schedule those games going forward.

the only teams that need to schedule difficult non conference games are teams in the ACC and maybe big 12

Quote:the only teams that need to schedule difficult non conference games are teams in the ACC and maybe big 12

If Baylor makes it into the final four, you can scratch off the Big 12.

Quote:Why does any one loss team deserve to go?

Because National Champions are crowned on neutral fields. Home field advantage is worth about +3.5 points. If team A (12-0) beats team B (11-1) 41-40 at home, that's not definitive enough for me to say team A > team B. 

For example, Alabama beat Miss St. 25-20 at home. At a neutral site, that game could be considered closer to 21.5-20. If the game was at Miss St., that game could be considered close to an 18-20 loss. If you're trying to pick the best 4 teams, those things need to be considered.

Quote:Yes it does. If Alabama lost 2 games and Ohio State only loses 1 game. There is nothing you can say to convince me that Alabama isn't better than Ohio State. The SEC beats up on each other.

The point is, with my own two eyes I can tell you who the better team is.

You are just playing the SEC card. What if Alabama was in the Big Ten and lost two games?

Quote:You are just playing the SEC card. What if Alabama was in the Big Ten and lost two games?

alabama wouldnt lose 2 games playing ohio states schedule. theyre hands down a better football team.

how is it "playing the SEC card" when i say that with my own two eyes that alabama is just a better team?

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:You are just playing the SEC card. What if Alabama was in the Big Ten and lost two games?

You can call it what you want, but it makes sense. It's the same reason a team that a 21-11 Arkansas team misses the NCAAT, but 19-12 Nebraska makes it as an 11 seed. The Big Ten is stronger than the SEC in basketball, so comparing their records isn't apples to apples. The SEC is stronger in football, so comparing their records isn't apples to apples.

Quote:Alabama wouldnt lose 2 games playing ohio states schedule. They're hands down a better football team.

How is it "playing the SEC card" when I say that with my own two eyes that Alabama is just a better team?

Because you said the SEC West teams are beating each other out.

Quote:Because you said the SEC West teams are beating each other out.

It's not because they're sec teams. Its because the teams in the sec are better. Does that simplify it for you?

You can always find clarification by asking members of some of the other teams boards you go to when you pretend to be a jaguars fan.

What if your uncle was really your aunt?

;

Quote:What if your uncle was really your aunt?

Then Mom would have two sisters.

Quote:Then Mom would have two sisters.

Golden.

Fake troll

exactly.

;