Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Playoff Committee

Good luck tomorrow.....

How do you drop Mississippi St. out for losing on the road to Alabama, but leave in a 1 loss TCU team that barely edged out a bad Kansas team? I don't think you can......

Florida St., Mississippi St., Alabama, Oregon?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Good luck tomorrow.....

How do you drop Mississippi St. out for losing on the road to Alabama, but leave in a 1 loss TCU team that barely edged out a bad Kansas team? I don't think you can......

Florida state just barely beat Miami and it looked like Jedd fisch took over in the second half.

Tough job right now. I know theyre still undefeated but if you watch them play FSU is not a top four team.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Florida State just barely beat Miami and it looked like Jedd Fisch took over in the second half.

Tough job right now. I know theyr'e still undefeated but if you watch them play FSU is not a top four team.

FSU "barely beat" several opponents, so obviously voters only care about their winning streak.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2014, 01:23 AM by Achilles.)

Quote:FSU "barely beat" several opponents, so obviously voters only care about their winning streak.

Obviously not or they would be ranked number 1. So stop rambling the same thing like the more you say it, it might actually be true.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Obviously not or they would be ranked number 1. So stop rambling the same thing like the more you say it, it might actually be true.

FSU is not #1 because MSU was also undefeated until today and got the benefit of SEC bias.

Quote:FSU is not #1 because MSU was also undefeated until today and got the benefit of SEC bias.

FSU was #3 behind a 9-1 Oregon.

Quote:FSU was #3 behind a 9-1 Oregon.

In the AP poll, FSU is #2 and Oregon is somewhere lower in the top 10.

Quote:In the AP poll, FSU is #2 and Oregon is somewhere lower in the top 10.

Is this thread about the AP poll or the playoff committee?

Quote:Is this thread about the AP poll or the playoff committee?

I know it is about the playoff committee but not how the selection process works.

Does the poor play of Prescott drop State out of top 4? Ive said before that Prescott was overrated. He's simply benefited from broken plays. The way he played today won't win any titles
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:Good luck tomorrow.....

I'm thinking that will be the four teams but who knows what order.

1. FSU 2. Oregon 3. Bama 4. Miss St, possibly?
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Come Tuesday when they release the list it will be 1 Bama 2 Oregon 3 FSU 4 Ohio State and then the whole system is going to start melting down so that should be fun to watch.

Bama

Oregon

OSU

Miss St

As the media wants it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Bama

Oregon

OSU

Miss St

As the media wants it.

Well honestly if you were truly picking the four best teams as opposed to the four most "deserving" teams, I dont think its a stretch to leave FSU out.  They dont look like one of the four best teams in the country.  They've been struggling to beat teams that are just good but not necessarily top 25 good.  And their only good win, Notre Dame, keeps looking less and less impressive.  When you stack them up against other teams, their resume doesnt look as impressive.  You just have to give them credit for finding ways to come from behind... even if its against teams that are good but not great.

As far as who the committee picks this week, seems pretty likely it'll be some combination of Oregon, FSU, Bama, and TCU.  Baylor, Ohio St, Miss St 5-7, in some order.  Ole Miss to 8 perhaps.  UCLA to 9?  Does Georgia jump to 10?  Or does Mich St or Kansas St take 10?  

I think it will be

Oregon

Alabama

FSU

MIssissippi State

TCU

Baylor

Ohio State

Ole Miss

Michigan State

Kansas State

But I would not be surprised if Mississippi State ends up lower. Their two most impressive victories are Auburn and LSU, both currently on two game losing streaks. They struggled against mediocre Kentucky. And their non conference schedule is a joke.

I think the committee will try to avoid multiple teams from the same conference in the playoffs. I would keep TCU in and push Miss St to 5.

Quote:I think the committee will try to avoid multiple teams from the same conference in the playoffs. I would keep TCU in and push Miss St to 5.

I think they'll pull any flim flam they can to ensure that at least two SEC teams are in the final four.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I know it is about the playoff committee but not how the selection process works.

It's about the playoff committee, who had Florida St. ranked #3. So why, in your troubled head, do you think the AP ranking is more relevant? Playoff Committee members obviously didn't care much about the "winning streak" if they dropped undefeated FSU behind 1 loss Oregon.

Quote:Florida state just barely beat Miami and it looked like Jedd fisch took over in the second half.

Tough job right now. I know theyre still undefeated but if you watch them play FSU is not a top four team.

Who what 4 teams do YOU think should be in the playoffs? And what 4 teams do you think the playoff committee will put 1 through 4?

If a 4 team system is flawless and won't leave anyone deserving out, then your 4 teams should match up with theirs.