Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
People will get what they want next year

Quote:I know you have reading comprehension problems, so I'll just say that CSO14 isn't the same as Oklahomie and hope that you can understand.

And it's so cute that you think experience issues are resolved in half a season.

Okay, I'll put you down on the "Bradley has an excuse for being terrible" apologist list.

Anyone else you want to apologize for while you're at it?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:And the question I always ask. So you think Bradley has done a good job since he came here?

Yes, with an expansion quality roster and a known plan to take the lumps, he's done just fine. John McKay started his pro career with almost 2 full seasons without a single win. Then they won 5, then won the division and made the NFC Championship game. This stuff takes time when you start from nothing or complete crap.  

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Okay, I'll put you down on the "Bradley has an excuse for being terrible" apologist list.

Anyone else you want to apologize for while you're at it?

I want to apologize to all the readers for my bothering to respond to Oklahomie. We all know he's an idiot and I've fed his trollish ways long enough.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I want to apologize to all the readers for my bothering to respond to Oklahomie. We all know he's an idiot and I've fed his trollish ways long enough.

We can agree on one thing, you definitely have a lot to apologize for.

Quote:We can agree on one thing, you definitely have a lot to apologize for.

His MO is throwing a personal insult when he is backed into a corner.

Quote:His MO is throwing a personal insult when he is backed into a corner.

Lol, mister "please help me use photoshop to make my point" is backing me into a corner?

:thumbsup:

Quote:Yes, with an expansion quality roster and a known plan to take the lumps, he's done just fine. John McKay started his pro career with almost 2 full seasons without a single win. Then they won 5, then won the division and made the NFC Championship game. This stuff takes time when you start from nothing or complete crap.  
So thats one example... what are the odds though that Bradley turns us into a perennial contender? 5%?

Quote:Lol, mister "please help me use photoshop to make my point" is backing me into a corner?

:thumbsup:

If you know PS, lets make a deal.

Quote:If you know PS, lets make a deal.

No thanks, I don't agree with your point.

Quote:So thats one example... what are the odds though that Bradley turns us into a perennial contender? 5%?

Who knows, but isn't it fair to at least give him a shot with the roster they're building? I mean, his rookie QB has played in 7 games now. Isn't it reasonable to at least let them acclimate rather than all the garbage that flies onto this board every Sunday and Monday? But the same usual suspects are here every week with the same tired "fire everyone, blow it up, I can't take it anymore!" rhetoric, like we're going to see Bortles become Aaron Rodgers between week 7 and week 9 because that's how it happens everywhere but here.

Quote:Who knows, but isn't it fair to at least give him a shot with the roster they're building? I mean, his rookie QB has played in 7 games now. Isn't it reasonable to at least let them acclimate rather than all the garbage that flies onto this board every Sunday and Monday? But the same usual suspects are here every week with the same tired "fire everyone, blow it up, I can't take it anymore!" rhetoric, like we're going to see Bortles become Aaron Rodgers between week 7 and week 9 because that's how it happens everywhere but here.
But what has he shown you for you to put faith in him? He's not a good game planner and not a good game manager. That much is pretty clear in his first 26 games.

Quote:Who knows, but isn't it fair to at least give him a shot with the roster they're building? I mean, his rookie QB has played in 7 games now. Isn't it reasonable to at least let them acclimate rather than all the garbage that flies onto this board every Sunday and Monday? But the same usual suspects are here every week with the same tired "fire everyone, blow it up, I can't take it anymore!" rhetoric, like we're going to see Bortles become Aaron Rodgers between week 7 and week 9 because that's how it happens everywhere but here.

The difference between Bradley and Mularky, literally, was that the Texans were playing excellent football in Mularky's season and played terrible football during Bradley's season.

Swap the texans performances between those years and Mularky is 4-12 and Bradley is 2-14.

Do you think Mularky was good enough?

What about the performance we've seen so far from Bradley makes you think he's good enough?

I recall a graphic shown during the game yesterday that showed what kind of coach he is. The Jaguars were +1 in point differential in the first quarter for the whole 2014 season and minus more than 110 points during the other three quarters of games over the season.

The guy can't coach, the coordinators do some planning during the week and once that plan runs out these guys can't coach on the fly, that's why the Jaguars repeatedly come out after halftime and just get smeared all over the field. Other coaches are pencil whipping Gus and his staff, and that's not something that should happen in this league.

Gus isn't even a run of the mill head coach, he's a bad head coach.

Quote:Yes this year sucks. Its a disappointment. But in reality we are better than last year. Last year the games that we won the other team killed themselves with turnovers and penalties. That team did not play like a 4 win team. This year is the opposite. We are killing ourselves with stupid penalties and turnovers and are better than a 1 win team, at this point. 

This offseason the team will go on a spending spree. Khan said as much during a recent interview in London. We have the most cap room in the league, and are going to be forced to spend it. With an influx of another 3 pro bowlers maybe, experience for all the young players, and another top 5 pick draft class along with Justin Blackmon returning, this team will be ready to give the fans something to watch every weekend.

The past two years have been painful, and it could have been a lot less painful if the team went out and spent a bit in free agency. But what would it have been for? to go 6-10 instead of 4-12 or 3-13? Who cares about that? Better to have the young players get experience, and then bring in difference makers in FA when the team is ready to compete.

The offense this year is playing with so much youth, probably an unprecedented amount. That is obviously not good for this year, but well help TONS in 2015. Thats what the past 2 years have been about. 2015. Direct your anger at Gene Smith for leaving the roster with ZERO difference makers, and forcing Caldwell to basically replicate an expansion team without the extra draft picks. If the team was ready to compete before 2015 Caldwell would have spent accordingly, but they were not. 

Those calling for everyone being fired need to stop. You have no clue what youre talking about. If you want to do that in November of 2015, go ahead. But doing so right now is moronic. 

For the record, as of now, I agree.   If this keeps up, I may change my mind.  

Quote:But what has he shown you for you to put faith in him? He's not a good game planner and not a good game manager. That much is pretty clear in his first 26 games.

His players, the owner and the GM believe in him. That's really all that matters, it doesn't really matter what I think.

Quote:His players, the owner and the GM believe in him. That's really all that matters, it doesn't really matter what I think.

So you're saying you don't have an independent thought on the guy's abilities as a coach?

Well, at least you can admit you don't even have the strength of conviction to form your own opinion.

Quote:Joeckel and Cyprien are average players in the NFL.

Neither will get confused as one of the better players at their positions. 

When those are your first 2 picks in the rebuild, you expect and hope for much better.  It has to be much better in order for your rebuild to actually finish strong.  

You don't rebuild by tearing everything down and then drafting guys that are average at best. 

I think if you asked Dave Caldwell and Gus Bradley, I think both would have to tell you they are disappointed in how Joeckel, Cyprien, and Gratz are playing thus far.  That is concerning because they "should have" made big improvements from year 1 to year 2.

Remember when everyone called Branch garbage?  Few years of experience and now there are posts saying that our line is garbage without him on the field.  Give these guys some time to develop.   

Quote:His players, the owner and the GM believe in him. That's really all that matters, it doesn't really matter what I think.
So you can't have an opinion of your own? What do YOU think Bradley has done to warrant his job? Mularkey sure didn't last very long and people were ok with firing him.

Khan believes in him? That might be worse. Since Khan has been here this team has been terrible and his EPL team has been the worst in the league. 

O we will contend next year for another top 10 pick bank on it

Quote:So you can't have an opinion of your own? What do YOU think Bradley has done to warrant his job? Mularkey sure didn't last very long and people were ok with firing him.

Khan believes in him? That might be worse. Since Khan has been here this team has been terrible and his EPL team has been the worst in the league. 

All of our opinions on this board are made from assumptions, not facts. We don't know what's wrong, who to blame, or how to fix it.

Had I had my way the Jaguars would've brought in 3 new offensive linemen and went to a pure power running game, scrapped the ZBS altogether. Is that the right thing? I don't know.  

People wanted Mularkey out because of Gene Smith and because he lost the team. Bradley certainly hasn't lost this team. That's a point in his favor in my book.

This team and staff started behind the 8 ball and Bradley is getting the short shift from certain people because of the lack of quality players he started out with. For all we really know that 4 win season last year might've been the best coaching job in the NFL all year. You can't make chicken salad with raw eggs, you need some real chickens first and ours are just little yellow chicks at the moment.

Quote:All of our opinions on this board are made from assumptions, not facts. We don't know what's wrong, who to blame, or how to fix it.

Had I had my way the Jaguars would've brought in 3 new offensive linemen and went to a pure power running game, scrapped the ZBS altogether. Is that the right thing? I don't know.  

People wanted Mularkey out because of Gene Smith and because he lost the team. Bradley certainly hasn't lost this team. That's a point in his favor in my book.

This team and staff started behind the 8 ball and Bradley is getting the short shift from certain people because of the lack of quality players he started out with. For all we really know that 4 win season last year might've been the best coaching job in the NFL all year. You can't make chicken salad with raw eggs, you need some real chickens first and ours are just little yellow chicks at the moment.

Well thank you, professor opinion, for clarifying what an opinion is.

As for the last paragraph, I already pointed out the reality of the idea of Gus doing a great coaching job last year. If you think that was the best coaching job in the NFL then you think Mularky's performance was on the same level.