Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Here we go again !

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Didnt see other thread Mods can combine if want to.

The thing that had my interest piqued the most is that word out of Vegas on Monday or Tuesday stated that FSU would open up as dogs against Miami. This is almost two weeks out from the game. Not even the game week for FSU. I saw that article and posted it to FB with a "Really". I couldn't figure out as to why. This could be why Vegas is doing what they are. They have some of the best insiders in the game. This could be the reason, and then again maybe not, but I still found that article crazy.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Link

http://www.tmz.com/2014/11/07/jameis-win...hris-rabb/

TMZ says "according to the report," but fails to mention it's a report from a guy named Incarcerated Bob.

Quote:TMZ says "according to the report," but fails to mention it's a report from a guy named Incarcerated Bob.
I think he prefers IBN

;

I merged the topics, but did it backwards....Oh well, still learnin, Ha!

;

The fact is that FSU's weaknesses (defending a power running game, and running between the tackles) line up very well with Miami's strengths. FSU probably still wins because 'Jameis' but Miami has also been playing better as of late and it wouldn't shock me at all for that game to come down to one possession.

Quote:The fact is that FSU's weaknesses (defending a power running game, and running between the tackles) line up very well with Miami's strengths. FSU probably still wins because 'Jameis' but Miami has also been playing better as of late and it wouldn't shock me at all for that game to come down to one possession.
They have been better, but it's been Cincy, VT and NC.

;

Quote:The fact is that FSU's weaknesses (defending a power running game, and running between the tackles) line up very well with Miami's strengths. FSU probably still wins because 'Jameis' but Miami has also been playing better as of late and it wouldn't shock me at all for that game to come down to one possession.

To say that the #1 team in the country is an underdog to Miami is atrocious with any reasoning anyone can give.

Quote:To say that the #1 team in the country is an underdog to Miami is atrocious with any reasoning anyone can give.

Why is that?

Huh

Quote:Why is that?

Call me crazy, but the true number one team in the country should always be a favor....especially against an unranked team.

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2014, 03:09 PM by Jags4life0428.)

Quote:To say that the #1 team in the country is an underdog to Miami is atrocious with any reasoning anyone can give.
I'm worried a bit about this game honestly. Miami always plays us hard, its a rivalry game. Duke Johnson is a beast. They do have a freshman QB though and the defense is average so I think noles win but it will not be an easy one. Feel the same about florida game too.

Quote:I'm worried a bit about this game honestly. Miami always plays us hard, its a rivalry game. Duke Johnson is a beast. They do have a freshman QB though and the defense is average so I think noles win but it will not be an easy one. Feel the same about florida game too.

I understand all that, and I agree....Miami could possibly win the way they are playing.  I still dont think an undefeated #1/#2 seed should be a dog to an unranked team.

Noles gonna nole

If you're going to mix Vegas odds predicated on actual team strength while aiming to split the money with the rankings predicated on who has accomplished the most, there are always going to be some anomalies.

Add in matchups, rivalries, and possible injury situations and really the two should have very little to do with each other except both are a vague reflection of general consensus.

Quote:If you're going to mix Vegas odds predicated on actual team strength while aiming to split the money with the rankings predicated on who has accomplished the most, there are always going to be some anomalies.

Add in matchups, rivalries, and possible injury situations and really the two should have very little to do with each other except both are a vague reflection of general consensus.

You're grasping for straws.  Vegas isn't dumb...everything is calculated.  If they out right think Miami is going to win, there is a reason for it.  

If the match ups are so bad for FSU against Miami and Vegas thinks they will lose...FSU has more issues than I thought.

I'm not the least bit worried about Miami.

Quote:I'm not the least bit worried about Miami.

Lol, but you aren't worried about anyone when it comes to FSU.  You are as hardcore as they come.

Quote:Lol, but you aren't worried about anyone when it comes to FSU.  You are as hardcore as they come.

I didn't like facing Auburn in the BCS Championsip. I thought FSU would win, but hated the matchup against that offense, so there's that.

Why should I be worried about Miami? Yes they're playing better, but this is Cincinnati, Virginia Tech, and UNC we're talking about.

Jimbo owns Miami. I'll take a Jimbo Fisher-coached team over Al Golden any day of the week. Golden has proven time and time again to be a horrible game day coach. I have a feeling this game will be just like 2010 all over. Miami comes into the game riding high after a few wins, and FSU proceeded to stomp them 45-17. That same FSU team lost four games that year. This team is leaps and bounds above that team. Not to mention, we have the best QB in the country.

Vegas thinks the PUBLIC will bet against them. That could be because of what the professional bettors feel about FSU's strength or it could be because they expect people hate FSU and will go in on the game they're most likely to lose for the rest of the year.

Personally I think it will be fairly close, but FSU will pull it out. If you want to bet against Jameis, I'll take that action.