Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cyprien

Quote:Think what you want about Caldwell's mention of Cyprien, but they key to what he said was the development of the players. I take his comment on Cyprien more in the sense that he's thinking Cyp can develop to be a core piece of this build.

As Dave said, he hired Gus because of his work in Seattle developing young talent. Time will tell if Cyprien will be the guy, but at this stage of the build, there's still a lot of potential and not much downside. The record doesn't show it yet but the team is improving.

The defense as a whole is improving, without a doubt. Mainly due to the DL. Cyprien, is looking like one of the weakest links on the defense, by far. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He's had some good plays and some bad, but it's a year and a half in and we invested a high pick. He's aggressive and I like his mentality. I'm willing to see how it plays out with more time and experience

Cyprien has been great in coverage this year and seems to get zero credit. 

But every time he misses a tackle, someone starts a thread that he is a bust.

Cyp does a good enough job I think.

He is an average hitter, and maybe even even below average tackler. He frequently seems to take too steep an angle, then only partially wraps up the ball-carrier, and too often slides off. We all saw the Tannehill escape on the sideline at least a few times, but I had noticed the same problem elsewhere too.

He needs to improve (like alot of others) but he is doing his job well enough in our topsy-turvy rebuild. I hope he gets better. Safeties should be sure tacklers, he is not..

Btw, Reggie Nelson looks great, wish we still had him. He has developed into a terrific FS.

http://football.razzball.com/idp-rankings-week-6-tackle

Has him ranked 9th under Earl Thomas at #8 on tackles..

He is good in man to man coverage but cant tackle and not that great in zone.

Quote:He certainly didn't pick up where he left off last season. It's disappointing but not catastrophic. I just hope he can get back on track.  

I'd rather have any average safety and the #33 pick to do all over again!

I agree, I don't like the way he is playing. He misses so many tackles and he let Dez Bryant score on a drag route. He is suppose to be there to hit Dez when he catches that ball, what good is he. Idk, I like him because he is a Jaguar but he has to tackle and cover better. He is decent but needs to do a better job.

He was on the list of players to watch this year. Looked good in the Philly game then I don't know if the concussion effected him or not but this season has been really underwhelming. Tackling, covering, just never in position to make plays. He had one good stick on Witten which was an aggressive and smart play but after that the secondary looked lost.

No pain, no gain.

Cyprien looked like burnt toast out there today. It was especially noticeable on the Bryant TD. Cyp runs a 4.65; I get that he's not going to chase Bryant down from behind, but he was in front of Bryant and still didn't manage to lay a hand on him. It was the type of play that I'd have expected from Prosinski, not from Cyp.

Quote:Cyprien looked like burnt toast out there today. It was especially noticeable on the Bryant TD. Cyp runs a 4.65; I get that he's not going to chase Bryant down from behind, but he was in front of Bryant and still didn't manage to lay a hand on him. It was the type of play that I'd have expected from Prosinski, not from Cyp.

I dont there are many safeties in the league that can run man to man with dez bryant earl thomas maybe... But he took a bad angle unfortunately he moved up to meet bryant but he was too slow so got caught in no mans land

Unfortunately that is one of his weaknesses he is great manning up with the tight end and in the box but until we get our earl thomas we wont be able to minimise the exposure of his weaknesses and play to his strengths

Quote:3

I dont there are many safeties in the league that can run man to man with dez bryant earl thomas maybe... But he took a bad angle unfortunately he moved up to meet bryant but he was too slow so got caught in no mans land

Unfortunately that is one of his weaknesses he is great manning up with the tight end and in the box but until we get our earl thomas we wont be able to minimise the exposure of his weaknesses and play to his strengths

Spot on.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

He sucks. People who don't wanna call him a bust damn sure cant call him good or great. Just another position filler on a sorry team that is 1-9.

Cyprien is all hype..

Gene's Myth