Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cyprien

Cyprien was suppose to be a breakout player this year what happened? Im starting to think he might not be the box safety fit we are looking for this defense. Maybe the Jags have to look into Landon Collins SS, with a trade down get Collins. Trade Cyprien or something, I don't think he will last very long blowing assignments like he is. Trade him while he is worth something. He is on pace to make more tackles then last year but he seems to be a weakness on defense. With Collins coming out is it worth to go after him and give up on Cyprien this quick? Just an idea, let me know what you guys think.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't think its worth trading him, he still has potential to be a good player. Right now he's just an average safety which isn't enough considering where he was drafted.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I don't think he's blowing assignments, but I agree he has been a disappointment this season. After all the hype, I was expecting him to be a complete beast this season. So far he's been incredibly average.
10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

He certainly didn't pick up where he left off last season. It's disappointing but not catastrophic. I just hope he can get back on track.  

Unless J. Cyprien makes major strides in the 2nd half of the season,  the Jaguars probably won't be able to get more than the equivalent of a mid round pick for him in the off-season.   Hence, it probably would be worth more to the Jaguars to keep Cyprien in 2015,  hoping that performance catches up to potential.

I'm not understanding the criticism of Cyprien.

He's not the centerfielder.

He's essentially the 4th LB and, depending on the playcall, has either flats or shallow middle in zone, or is manned up on the TE.

Do y'all want him to go rogue like Junior Seau used to do in San Diego and forego his assignment for more "splash" plays?
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

Cyprien is doing ok tbh, our D system is based on having 2 great Safeties, I think he'll look better when we have that stud FS next to him.

He's not our best player but he's definitely also not a weakness just keep him and hope he breaks out more

Hes a hitter not a ball hawk.

Hes fine.

Yeah, he's an in-the-box safety. I think he will be ok. He hasn't played great, as the expectation is him to be an enforcer over the middle, and to get TFLs, but hes still a developing player. He's not our best player defensively, but hes still solid. We have other worries in the secondary, mainly FS
No commercial messages in sigs

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2014, 09:43 AM by Tommy.)

Lol where is all of this talk that Cyprien is a weakness coming from? He's in his second season and you want to trade him because he hasn't, "broken out" enough in your mind?

You sound so stupid. You should at least try to know what you're talking about before you say something.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Tommy is a complete [BLEEP], can't ever complete a single post without attacking someone.

It's such youthful arrogance where he thinks he's some expert or that his opinion carries more weight than someone else's.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Cyp is fine. No need to trade him. He's only going to get better.

Quote:Lol where is all of this talk that Cyprien is a weakness coming from? He's in his second season and you want to trade him because he hasn't, "broken out" enough in your mind?

You sound so stupid. You should at least try to know what you're talking about before you say something.
Your an idiot. The bigger picture is that do you want to continue and try to develop him or trade him quickly while he has some value rather than none in the future. Landon Collins is a great versatile safety and putting him in the box with the speed he has will be much better than having Cyprien in there. Maybe convert cyprien into a LB by adding more weight on him?

Im just throwing out options there.

The problem with Cyprien is he has been a liability in run defense lately.  Also, he hasn't had any interceptions this year.  He was supposed to be our DD.  Coming up on the line, tackling RBs for a loss, get a sack or 2.  But he has zero big plays.  I agree with the criticism.  He seems like he was a 3rd/4th round pick.  Solid, but nothing special.  Until he shows us otherwise, I think that is justifiable.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Cyp is fine. No need to trade him. He's only going to get better.

He is in a major slump. At no time last year did he play this poorly for this long

Last year he produced 3 turnovers 1 INT 2 FF, if he can't manage to do that this year then Ill pull the trigger and automatically assume he is a weakness. In box safety like lets say Cam Chancellor are hard hitting safeties that are suppose to hit hard and cause turnovers. Cyprien is missing tackles all season and 0 turnovers. I know including myself everyone wants to have a happy ending sometimes not all players Caldwell drafts will be hits, we will have misses and Cyprien could be one. He hasn't showed enough to lose his job but personally as a fan I want to see more improvement than last years 3 turnovers.

Quote:Your an idiot. The bigger picture is that do you want to continue and try to develop him or trade him quickly while he has some value rather than none in the future. Landon Collins is a great versatile safety and putting him in the box with the speed he has will be much better than having Cyprien in there. Maybe convert cyprien into a LB by adding more weight on him?

Im just throwing out options there.
"Your an idiot", lol.

We might as well trade Hurns, Robinson, and probably Denard Robinson too since there's a chance we get no return if they don't develop.

You don't trade building blocks.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

what did he do that was so poor last game?

Quote:He is in a major slump. At no time last year did he play this poorly for this long

"Major slump". 

He completely shutdown Heath Miller, Antonio Gates and Jordan Cameron.

It's like clockwork. 

Cyprien plays well and silence.

He misses a tackle or gives up one passing play and multiple threads are started about how he is not good or needs to be replaced.

Hilarious.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2014, 10:21 AM by Shack Del Rio.)

Quote:what did he do that was so poor last game?

From what I remember he may have taken a bad angle on Hill's long TD.

Cyprien seems to be a desired target of some people for some reason.

I remember after the Titans game, someone tried to claim he had three or four missed tackles in one quarter. When it was actually Will Blackmon that had the misses.