Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dan Wetzel Article On Jimbo

Quote:One problem, she never accused anyone. A third party alleged that abuse was going on.

Carry on.

Actually she did accuse him.  And made it sound as though this wasnt the first time either.  But she didnt press charges.  Which is very common in domestic assault cases.  Someone else pressed charges.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You know you've won an argument when all they can do is resort to name calling.  You would at least expect reasonable FSU fans to admit that while they still pull for Seminoles, that it's harder to do so when they have people like that on their team.  Lets say the Jags draft Karlos Williams.  I'll still be a Jags fan, but I would be disappointed he is on the team.  And it would definitely be harder to root for the team when they've got a guy who beats his pregnant girlfriend on there.  What if we signed Ray Rice?  Why would anyone be happy about that?  Or try to defend him?  

"A guy that beats his pregnant girlfriend." Damn, were you there? You must have first hand knowledge like you did all the times you said Jameis raped that girl. Yeah Josh, this guy is real logical.

Going by your logic, you must have been mad when the Jags took Blackmon since he got a DUI in college. Or when we took Telvin Smith because he failed a drug test at the combine.

So lets just say for the sake of the argument that Williams is innocent and his GF falsely accused him and he's nothing more than a witness do this drug deal/robbery/whatever it is. Are you still gonna be disappointed if the Jags draft him?

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2014, 05:33 PM by badger.)

Quote:"A guy that beats his pregnant girlfriend." Damn, were you there? You must have first hand knowledge like you did all the times you said Jameis raped that girl. Yeah Josh, this guy is real logical.

Going by your logic, you must have been mad when the Jags took Blackmon since he got a DUI in college. Or when we took Telvin Smith because he failed a drug test at the combine.

So lets just say for the sake of the argument that Williams is innocent and his GF falsely accused him and he's nothing more than a witness do this drug deal/robbery/whatever it is. Are you still gonna be disappointed if the Jags draft him?
Were you there?

The girl said he did something but then retracted. Very similar to how ray rice's fiance did not want to press charges. I guess he is innocent too.

So failing a whizz quiz and beating a pregnant woman are on the same moral plane for you?

Quote:Were you there?

The girl said he did something but then retracted. Very similar to how ray rice's fiance did not want to press charges. I guess he is innocent too.

So failing a whizz quiz and beating a pregnant woman are on the same moral plane for you?

I never said he was innocent. I never just assumed he did it though just because his girlfriend posted pictures.

rfc probably thinks Treon Harris is a lousy human too.

Quote:I never said he was innocent. I never just assumed he did it though just because his girlfriend posted pictures.

Hmm, but he can play football good... so, he alright

Quote:Actually she did accuse him.  And made it sound as though this wasnt the first time either.  But she didnt press charges.  Which is very common in domestic assault cases.  Someone else pressed charges.  

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/lo.../18173155/

The relevant passages:

Quote: 

The domestic battery case involving Florida State University running back Karlos Williams started when FSU general counsel Carolyn Egan emailed a screen shot of a Facebook post to Tallahassee Police Chief Michael DeLeo on Saturday.

<p style="margin-left:60px;font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">The post was said to have been made by Williams' pregnant girlfriend. It includes three pictures of a bruised arm with text that says, "Domestic violence is NEVER okay. And I have learned why women keep secrets and scared (sic) to come forward. I'm ashamed to say I did the same thing. But I am ready to speak up for women in situations like myself.
Now you can interpret that to mean that Karlos did something. The victim never made a complaint to retract. She made a suggestive facebook post.

Quote:Were you there?

What's sad is you have so much hate for these athletes based on where they go to school you want them to be what they are accused of so they can be benched. Go ahead and keep believing what the media tells you, heaven forbid you do a little research on your own and get the facts straight. So sad.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2014, 08:00 PM by BigJohn98.)

Quote:What's sad is you have so much hate for these athletes based on where they go to school you want them to be what they are accused of so they can be benched. Go ahead and keep believing what the media tells you, heaven forbid you do a little research on your own and get the facts straight. So sad.

It's funny. No one wants to read the SAO report, but every time a story comes out, like the Fox Sports one a few weeks ago, people think it's some earth shattering new information.

Quote:http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/lo.../18173155/

The relevant passages:

Now you can interpret that to mean that Karlos did something. The victim never made a complaint to retract. She made a suggestive facebook post.

what do you mean interpret it mean Karlos did something?  If you keep reading her message she said the person who did it she has two children with which narrows it down to just Karlos.  

Quote:rfc probably thinks Treon Harris is a lousy human too.

If his rap sheet was as long as Jameis then you're right, I probably would.  And I would expect Gator fans to be disappointed that they have to root for him if they want to root for their Gators.

Quote:It's funny. No one wants to read the SAO report, but every time a story comes out, like the Fox Sports one a few weeks ago, people think it's some earth shattering new information.
That would require effort, instead its a pitchfork mentality as soon as ESPN or some other "highly credible" media outlet breaks a story.