Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dan Wetzel Article On Jimbo

Raises some valid points

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-jimbo-f...31804.html

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This is the part that fits.

"Williams has been charged with no crimes, which should be repeated. Calling him a “tremendous kid” and a “tremendous ambassador” is, however, ridiculous to all but the most frenzied of FSU fans."

This was one of my favorite pieces to the article. I have said this a bunch over the last several weeks. I am glad Wetzel gets it.

“Why does Florida State have so many doubters?” Fisher was asked recently by Mike Raita of Birmingham’s (Ala.) WABM-TV.

“Because, one, ESPN has money in the SEC and, two, because we were so dominant last year,” Fisher said.

In one fell swoop, Fisher donned an embarrassingly dumb tin-foil hat – what, Cam Newton and Johnny Manziel and Reggie Bush were treated with kid’s gloves? It’s the modern media, where audience drives everything. Jameis Winston is the reigning Heisman winner involved in an alleged sex crime that threatens his eligibility and thus the national title chase. People are interested. This isn’t rocket science."

Some, most, FSU fans think that they are the only ones ever scrutinized. It boggles my mind.

;

Only ones? No.

Most scrutinized? Yes.

Jimbo's amazed at the Winston stuff because the evidence is out there for anyone who cares to read it that the girl is lying. Why the press is still presenting it as if Winston somehow slipped out of a felony conviction boggles our minds. That, more than anything else, drives all the paranoia and SEC bias talk. If the press isn't presenting the facts that make it clear Winston did nothing wrong when they're there for anyone to read, what's their agenda?

Personally, I just think they want clicks and create the spin they think will result in the most controversy and therefore the most clicks. I also think that dovetails with the very real problem of victim-bashing that prevents so many women from reporting rapes and the reporters' understandable desire to not feed that problem.

If you haven't read the reports and evidence by now, you're not likely to based on my word. But I'm going to continue to largely disregard anyone's opinion on the matter that doesn't deal with the original facts on the case and instead substitutes the media's filtered version.

Quote:Only ones? No.

Most scrutinized? Yes.

Jimbo's amazed at the Winston stuff because the evidence is out there for anyone who cares to read it that the girl is lying. Why the press is still presenting it as if Winston somehow slipped out of a felony conviction boggles our minds. That, more than anything else, drives all the paranoia and SEC bias talk. If the press isn't presenting the facts that make it clear Winston did nothing wrong when they're there for anyone to read, what's their agenda?

Personally, I just think they want clicks and create the spin they think will result in the most controversy and therefore the most clicks. I also think that dovetails with the very real problem of victim-bashing that prevents so many women from reporting rapes and the reporters' understandable desire to not feed that problem.

If you haven't read the reports and evidence by now, you're not likely to based on my word. But I'm going to continue to largely disregard anyone's opinion on the matter that doesn't deal with the original facts on the case and instead substitutes the media's filtered version.

Of course you do, you're an FSU fan.  The only ones that don't see the wrong direction the program is going are non FSU fans.  Once Jamis and Williams are gone this year, maybe Jimbo can get a fresh start.  As of right now, his program has turned into a mockery.

Tell me how you go from being national darlings to beat the big bad SEC one year to being a disliked team?  It's not because you are winning...its because a couple players (mostly your Heisman winner) are not very bright.

Very simply, scandal sells.

As for Winston's intelligence, he's done a couple of dumb things. Nothing he's actually done deserves the level of vitriol being directed his way. And the guy dressed as the crab was hilarious! Way funnier than Dillard's bags back in the day.

If it's not your team that's winning, you fall into the hater category.

You are either an FSU fan or you're a hater, there's no in between.

Unfortunately, JW's many poor decisions off the football field make it very easy to dislike him.

As a reigning HT winner and QB of the current National Champions, he is held to a higher standard and is under a brighter spotlight.

I'm sure there is plenty of people around him, coaches, parents, mentors, who have told him this enough times for him to understand it.

Unfortunately, he just doesn't seem to care.

I'm not just talking about just 1 or 2 poor decisions, but all of them combined.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Lol. So Karlos Williams has never gotten in trouble during his time at FSU. His name is brought up in an alleged battery issue, but witnesses say he never touched her and her side doesn't want to press charges, and he's mentioned as a potential witness to some drug deal and he's all of a sudden bringing the program down?

Quote:Lol. So Karlos Williams has never gotten in trouble during his time at FSU. His name is brought up in an alleged battery issue, but witnesses say he never touched her and her side doesn't want to press charges, and he's mentioned as a potential witness to some drug deal and he's all of a sudden bringing the program down?

She posted pictures of her bruises on Facebook, but you want to paint him as a choir boy.  He was the hook up guy for a guy wanting to buy weed and that turned into a robbery with him there.  If you don't see the writing on the wall, nothing anyone here says matters.

Lets not forget the other two incidents of womens claims against Jameis....two women, not one.  Just becuase he wasnt arrested and put into jail doesnt mean nothing happened.

Jimbo is King and Jameis is perfect no matter what in your eyes.  

No offense to badger, but you are on his level when it comes to discussing FSU football.

Jimbo has been pretty whiny.  ESPN did it and SEC is to blame for when he spills his coffee probably.

Quote:She posted pictures of her bruises on Facebook, but you want to paint him as a choir boy.  He was the hook up guy for a guy wanting to buy weed and that turned into a robbery with him there.  If you don't see the writing on the wall, nothing anyone here says matters.

Lets not forget the other two incidents of womens claims against Jameis....two women, not one.  Just becuase he wasnt arrested and put into jail doesnt mean nothing happened.

No offense to badger, but you are on his level when it comes to discussing FSU football.

the difference is I don't even care that much about UF football.  When they were good, I barely tuned in.  Now that they're bad I have watched more like I did when I was younger, but I don't lose sleep over it.  Bigjohn types eat, live, sleep, breathe FSU football.  They worship it so anything and everything the school does cant be wrong.

Quote:She posted pictures of her bruises on Facebook, but you want to paint him as a choir boy. He was the hook up guy for a guy wanting to buy weed and that turned into a robbery with him there. If you don't see the writing on the wall, nothing anyone here says matters.

Lets not forget the other two incidents of womens claims against Jameis....two women, not one. Just becuase he wasnt arrested and put into jail doesnt mean nothing happened.

Please search this forum and find one post where I've ever said he was perfect.

I've been finding all the anti-FSU talk on here mildly annoying for awhile, but this morning it's just funny!

Do the one about how you can't trust the police report because it was written by the TPD. That's hilarious!

Quote:Please search this forum and find one post where I've ever said he was perfect.

You're giving these guys a pass just because they haven't been arrested or prosecuted.  

If FSU needs the motivation to say that ESPN hates them and caters to the SEC, have at it.  3 posts in a row on my Facebook last night talked about haters...right after the game.  The announcers called an extremely fair game and gave praise to FSU at the end of the game, but we still want to talk about haters?!  

Many FSU fans are playing the poor me card HARD....its pathetic.  As cocky and arrogant as a lot of Gator fans were a few years ago, its the reverse for FSU fans.  Either way, its sad.

Quote:I've been finding all the anti-FSU talk on here mildly annoying for awhile, but this morning it's just funny!

Do the one about how you can't trust the police report because it was written by the TPD. That's hilarious!

you mean the one that they shared with Jameis' attorney before giving it to Meggs?  Ya, TPD is wonderful

Quote:You're giving these guys a pass just because they haven't been arrested or prosecuted.  

If FSU needs the motivation to say that ESPN hates them and caters to the SEC, have at it.  3 posts in a row on my Facebook last night talked about haters...right after the game.  The announcers called an extremely fair game and gave praise to FSU at the end of the game, but we still want to talk about haters?!  

Many FSU fans are playing the poor me card HARD....its pathetic.  As cocky and arrogant as a lot of Gator fans were a few years ago, its the reverse for FSU fans.  Either way, its sad.

OJ was never found guilty.  He was obviously a swell guy.

Quote:Lol. So Karlos Williams has never gotten in trouble during his time at FSU. His name is brought up in an alleged battery issue, but witnesses say he never touched her and her side doesn't want to press charges, and he's mentioned as a potential witness to some drug deal and he's all of a sudden bringing the program down?
Is there an article that says there are witnesses? I am pretty sure I read one that said there were none, and it would have just been a he said-she said.

;

Quote:You're giving these guys a pass just because they haven't been arrested or prosecuted.

If FSU needs the motivation to say that ESPN hates them and caters to the SEC, have at it. 3 posts in a row on my Facebook last night talked about haters...right after the game. The announcers called an extremely fair game and gave praise to FSU at the end of the game, but we still want to talk about haters?!

Many FSU fans are playing the poor me card HARD....its pathetic. As cocky and arrogant as a lot of Gator fans were a few years ago, its the reverse for FSU fans. Either way, its sad.

Oh, right. I forgot how it is now. Guilty until proven innocent.

Quote:Oh, right. I forgot how it is now. Guilty until proven innocent.
No one is saying that he's guilty. I am not sure why that is consistently said.

;

Quote:Oh, right. I forgot how it is now. Guilty until proven innocent.

As Badger pointed out above, just because you arent found guilty doesn't mean you are innocent.  Your posting pictures on fb of her bruises and you being at the scene of a drug deal gone bad are not signs....since he hasn't been arrested, it's all good.