Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why Is Karlos Williams Domestic Violence Issue Just Now Getting Publicity ?

What's the point in defending Winston when people's minds are already made up?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:What charges? There never were any charges.
Wrong word. Investigation dropped.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

And since you asked why hasn't anyone defended Winston, here. Read this. Someone who actually did their homework.

http://www.lakelandlocal.com/2014/10/rea...ent-133551

Quote:The agenda talk isn't about the fans that hate FSU. It's about the horrible journalism shown towards FSU and Jameis Winston in the last year. All these big time news outlets, whether it was the New York Times, ESPN, Fox Sports, etc. all LEAVE OUT very important details of the case. All these reports have been very one sided towards this so called "victim," and they have never looked at it from Jameis Winston's side. Why? Because saying something positive about Jameis isn't going to generate hits on their website nor will it generate talk. Why do they never look at both sides?

Then you have ESPN grasping at anything they can, like the BB gun incident, the Burger King incident, and now this autograph thing. Unless their is proof, whether it's video evidence, photos, word of mouth, etc., that he took money, why is this even being reported? It isn't against NCAA rules to sign autographs. There was a report that came out a week and a half ago saying that ESPN has as many as 47 employees covering Jameis Winston.

It's like they all sit around and surf the web, waiting for the next slightly negative news they can jump on. 
No different then Harris situation. People wanted him booted from the program immediately. Ray Rice is another example. It's the public as a whole with the throw the book at them now mentality.

;

Quote:And since you asked why hasn't anyone defended Winston, here. Read this. Someone who actually did their homework.

http://www.lakelandlocal.com/2014/10/rea...ent-133551

So you think thats an unbias piece?  It's a well written article by someone that is a Florida State fan.  The other was by a pulitzer prize winner, so you have to think he's more than competent to do research and write an article.

So I've read both sides, and I can make an opinion.  It's the same that I had before I read that article.  Something happened that night, and nobody will really know what it was.  That combined with the other girl that had to see a therapist over something that happened can raise eye brows.  BB guns, Publix, shouting out in the student union, did I miss anything?  There is cause to worry.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/spor.../18059809/

No comments...just a post from FCN

Quote:An agenda against who now? Jameis or FSU in general?

FSU got really mad at Ballou over this....for reporting the truth. He got blasted by the school and Jimbo....and it came out to be true.
Your agenda shows more every week. Once again you and every other SEC fan goes half cocked over every little report from the media. Why dont you wait for all the facts to come out before you run around judging someone. The girl never filed charges and told the lawyer to drop them because nothing happened. But I get it, you dont like fsu so you'll run with anything negative you hear from the media whether it's based on fact or not. What a joke.

Quote:Your agenda shows more every week. Once again you and every other SEC fan goes half cocked over every little report from the media. Why dont you wait for all the facts to come out before you run around judging someone. The girl never filed charges and told the lawyer to drop them because nothing happened. But I get it, you dont like fsu so you'll run with anything negative you hear from the media whether it's based on fact or not. What a joke.
Were you on the board 4-5 years ago? Same stuff was said anytime anything negative about UF came out. Get over yourself.

;

Quote:Your agenda shows more every week. Once again you and every other SEC fan goes half cocked over every little report from the media. Why dont you wait for all the facts to come out before you run around judging someone. The girl never filed charges and told the lawyer to drop them because nothing happened. But I get it, you dont like fsu so you'll run with anything negative you hear from the media whether it's based on fact or not. What a joke.

Lol, again I dont have an agenda.  My team is not even in a top 5 conference, but they did win a BCS game last year.

Just because I tell it like I see it, you cant get mad.  I've put enough hate for the Gators on this board, but we'll all act like that never happened.

I saw on the ESPN ticker that the girl wants the charges dropped.  And that she wasnt the one who told the police in the first place.  

She's got this guy's kids.  She knows he is her meal ticket.  Big booty hoe's... hot booty...

Quote:I saw on the ESPN ticker that the girl wants the charges dropped.  And that she wasnt the one who told the police in the first place.  

She's got this guy's kids.  She knows he is her meal ticket.  Big booty hoe's... hot booty...

Unfortunately, this happens too often.  The loved one wants it to go away because they dont want to leave the person.

I'm pretty sure there were pictures of her after it happened....add that to the fact that he's now somehow connected to a drug deal gone bad, what are you supposed to think?

Quote:Unfortunately, this happens too often.  The loved one wants it to go away because they dont want to leave the person.

I'm pretty sure there were pictures of her after it happened....add that to the fact that he's now somehow connected to a drug deal gone bad, what are you supposed to think?

Well she was the one who posted pictures of herself on facebook showing her bruises and talking domestic violence.  So we know he did assault her... assuming you believe her.

He may not get arrested or in trouble legally, but I'm assuming he is suspended from the team right?

Why in the world would you put that kinda stuff on your facebook page for??
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I saw on the ESPN ticker that the girl wants the charges dropped.  And that she wasnt the one who told the police in the first place.  

It was the school that told police about it wasn't it? Maybe I heard wrong yesterday.

;

Quote:Well she was the one who posted pictures of herself on facebook showing her bruises and talking domestic violence.  So we know he did assault her... assuming you believe her.

He may not get arrested or in trouble legally, but I'm assuming he is suspended from the team right?
Why would FSU suspend him? The girl doesn't want to pursue anything, and looks as if she never did.

;

Quote:Why in the world would you put that kinda stuff on your facebook page for??
That's what I find out. Why put that out there if her intent (at least now) was to not pursue charges?

;

Quote:Lol, again I dont have an agenda. My team is not even in a top 5 conference, but they did win a BCS game last year.

Just because I tell it like I see it, you cant get mad. I've put enough hate for the Gators on this board, but we'll all act like that never happened.
Its not about telling it like you see it when u state things about a school/player that is untrue. Trav you lose all credibility due to your affiliation with UF and those orange and blue glasses you wear. Your more guilty than others with how quick you want to voice your hate for a player who did nothing wrong. I get it, you can't stand FSU's recent success and the downward slope your UF program has taken, but get your facts straight before making assumptions and posting things as truth.

Quote:Its not about telling it like you see it when u state things about a school/player that is untrue. Trav you lose all credibility due to your affiliation with UF and those orange and blue glasses you wear. Your more guilty than others with how quick you want to voice your hate for a player who did nothing wrong. I get it, you can't stand FSU's recent success and the downward slope your UF program has taken, but get your facts straight before making assumptions and posting things as truth.

What have I stated thats not true?  Ballou reported something over the weekend and FSU blasted him for it.  There was at the very least some truth to it.

Don't let your sensitivity cloud your judgement.  I would say I am able to look at this much more clearly than you could....I'm assuming your an FSU fan.  

I find it ironic that a UF fan cant say anything about the FSU program.  On 1010, Hacker always defers to T-Wigg on a lot of UF stuff because he sees it from the outside and his opinion may be different (and possibly much more correct).  T-Wigg has admitted on air that he hates Florida and would rather watch UF lose than FSU win.

FSU fans trashed Urban Meyer, Tebow, and anything surrounding the Gator program during its glory years....now UF fans cant say anything about FSU.  You guys become bigger clowns every day......but I'm still pulling for a win tomorrow!

Quote:Well she was the one who posted pictures of herself on facebook showing her bruises and talking domestic violence. So we know he did assault her... assuming you believe her.

No. FSU doesn't suspend players unless they are facing charges. They don't throw their players under the bus before the facts come out.

Quote:No. FSU doesn't suspend players unless they are facing charges. They don't throw their players under the bus before the facts come out.

Lol, your responses are funny.

I do agree with not suspending someone until the process has finished.  Too many times guys are suspended and nothing comes of it.