Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The next Florida coach

Quote:That is a huge accomplishment and impressive to take a program like Mississippi State and turn them into a national title contending team.

i agree. for miss st to be as good as they are right now and rising above the traditional SEC powers takes a lot of work.

6 years really isnt that long considering how much recruiting you have to do. its not like taking over an NFL team where you should see results in the 3 year window.

i think mullen would be a good coach but id be more interested in someone like art briles.

not only is he a great offensive mind, he would be able to dip more into the wealth of talent over in texas.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Briles isn't leaving Baylor. He is a Texas guy and if he didn't leave for the Longhorns job, he isn't leaving for the Florida job. He's built Baylor into a juggernaut, they just opened a new stadium this year and he's among the 10 highest paid coaches in the NCAA.

Quote:Briles isn't leaving Baylor. He is a Texas guy and if he didn't leave for the Longhorns job, he isn't leaving for the Florida job. He's built Baylor into a juggernaut, they just opened a new stadium this year and he's among the 10 highest paid coaches in the NCAA.

i know that information, which doesnt mean he wont take the florida job, unless you personally know him and he told you that.

but that was just an example. i said a someone like art briles, i didnt say art briles.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Tim Harris Jr. from (and his dad Tim "Ice" Harris) from Booker T Washington.

the dad is now at the U

Quote:That is a huge accomplishment and impressive to take a program like Mississippi State and turn them into a national title contending team.

No I agree with that, and maybe that's true, maybe he could do it much faster with a program the size of UF. 

I'm sure it'd be much better than Muschamp at this point. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

[insert name here] is better than Muschamp

I heard people saying that Mullen has made some anti-UF comments after leaving.... so idk if he will be the guy.  Plus a lot of UF fans would complain about him when he was here.

Quote:I heard people saying that Mullen has made some anti-UF comments after leaving.... so idk if he will be the guy.  Plus a lot of UF fans would complain about him when he was here.
I am not sure why the love for Mullen. Prescott is the reason why they are so good right now, for the most part. News flash, he ain't coming with Mullen if he got hired.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:I am not sure why the love for Mullen. Prescott is the reason why they are so good right now, for the most part. News flash, he ain't coming with Mullen if he got hired.

the defense is the real reason, you could plug in a lot of other guys there as long as there competent where prescott is and have only a minor drop in play.

Quote:the defense is the real reason, you could plug in a lot of other guys there as long as there competent where prescott is and have only a minor drop in play.
Couldn't disagree more. Prescott is the real deal. The defense is very good too though.

;

Quote:Couldn't disagree more. Prescott is the real deal. The defense is very good too though.

there are plenty of qbs in college that are the real deal though. a whole defense is a different story.

A school like Florida needs to hire a proven coach, not some up and coming coordinator.

Quote:A school like Florida needs to hire a proven coach, not some up and coming coordinator.
I couldn't agree more. I have stated this a few times, and many a talks with buddies.

Florida needs to hire a proven coach at a big time school. Most still consider UF to be a top 2-3 job, and some say #1. The Coordinator hires, imo, have been Foley reaching and trying to show he is the "smart guy". He's an excellent AD, but he's failed on the hiring of coordinator types twice now. He just about has his pick of the litter.

;

Quote:I couldn't agree more. I have stated this a few times, and many a talks with buddies.

Florida needs to hire a proven coach at a big time school. Most still consider UF to be a top 2-3 job, and some say #1. The Coordinator hires, imo, have been Foley reaching and trying to show he is the "smart guy". He's an excellent AD, but he's failed on the hiring of coordinator types twice now. He just about has his pick of the litter.

id really like to see florida make a strong push to get jon gruden out from behind the desk.

Quote:there are plenty of qbs in college that are the real deal though. a whole defense is a different story.
The defense is good, but is that defense any better then Arkansas, K-State, or La. tech who gave up just about the same point totals to Auburn? Prescott is easily in the top 5 for Heisman now, may win it. He has a laser arm, and runs like a deer. He helps the defense be as good as  they are.

;

Quote:The defense is good, but is that defense any better then Arkansas, K-State, or La. tech who gave up just about the same point totals to Auburn? Prescott is easily in the top 5 for Heisman now, may win it. He has a laser arm, and runs like a deer. He helps the defense be as good as  they are.

the defense is one of the top 5 units in the country. i know prescott is good, but im saying mullen recruited well and has a whole team thats strong.

Quote:the defense is one of the top 5 units in the country. i know prescott is good, but im saying mullen recruited well and has a whole team thats strong.
No argument there, but Prescott is better then good. He's a special QB.

;

I think Muschamp is doing a fine job and deserves a contract extension.

Quote:id really like to see florida make a strong push to get jon gruden out from behind the desk.

What makes you think Gruden will want to go out and recruit? The guy has it made right now.

Quote:What makes you think Gruden will want to go out and recruit? The guy has it made right now.

The calls for Jon Gruden are the worst.  It makes 0 sense.  He has never been a HC in college.