Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The next Florida coach

Who do Gator fans want?

I have heard names like Gruden and Stoops but they just do not seem realistic.

The two most realistic names, Dan Mullen and Dan Quinn.

Dan Mullen seems to be the most popular, for obvious reasons. This could be the best season in the history of the Mississippi State program. A team loaded with seniors, so this could be his best year there. Get out and get rich while his value is at it's peak level. Money is not an issue for Florida.

Dan Quinn is another. Current Seahawks DC. Was the Florida DC for two seasons. He has more NFL experience and could be in line for an NFL head coaching job.

Outside of that, it seems sort of open.

If they go the "mid-major" coach route like Auburn did with Malzahn and Ole Miss with Hugh Freeze, it could be Bill Clark at UAB or Justin Fuente from Memphis. I doubt either would generate much excitement in Gainesville but you could do worse.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Al Golden

I have no hat in the ring for any college football team, but I've never liked Will Muschamp.  His behavior on the sideline runs from spittle-flecked fury to hopeless worry, and he doesn't build chemistry with the team.  He's assistant or coordinator material, nothing more.

Ron Zook
No commercial messages in sigs

i have not heard the jon gruden rumor, but with his ridiculous popularity, could you imagine how well he would recruit? i imagine it would be insane.

outside of gruden, i would think dan mullen is the best choice. he isnt a huge name but if he wins the national title this year or even gets to the game, that would help boost his ability to recruit, and anybody waivering currently to commit for miss st would have the choice to follow him.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Just hire whoever is the coach at Arkansas State
;

;

Jeremy Pruitt

Quote:Al Golden

For the next 20 years

[Image: 2629v6s.jpg]

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:For the next 20 years

[Image: 2629v6s.jpg]

i would literally find a new team to be a fan of.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Just hire whoever is the coach at Arkansas State
That seems to be the trend for the SEC West right now haha
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

no idea, just no more Muschamp please. He reminds me so much of Mularky. 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I don't want Dan Mullen back. He's having a good year currently, but it took him 6 years for that. Maybe if he has another 2-3 good years there and we're still in the same boat down the road. 

Dan Quinn has looked good because of the talent on the roster, so again it's hard to tell with him as well. 

No matter the case, Muschamp has to go, it's way past his time. We've gotten rid of equally bad staff in far less time. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

OH Travvvvvvvv!!!!

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2014, 02:33 PM by TravC59.)

Quote:OH Travvvvvvvv!!!!
Blew one last night. should be 4-1, and potentially ranked at that.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Rich Rod

Quote:Blew one last night. should be 4-1, and potentially ranked at that.

It's unraveling my friend.

I had heard the BullGators arent really a fan of Mullen.  I guess he has a prickly personality that rubbed a lot of people in Gainesville the wrong way.... so I've heard from the one Bullgator I know.

Not sure who is on their radar though.  You need the right kind of coach there who can put up with a crazy fanbase.  

Bring back SOS
;

;

Quote:I had heard the BullGators arent really a fan of Mullen.  I guess he has a prickly personality that rubbed a lot of people in Gainesville the wrong way.... so I've heard from the one Bullgator I know.

Not sure who is on their radar though.  You need the right kind of coach there who can put up with a crazy fanbase.  

If they can put up with Urban Meyer, I'm sure they can put up with Dan Mullen.

Quote:I had heard the BullGators arent really a fan of Mullen.  I guess he has a prickly personality that rubbed a lot of people in Gainesville the wrong way.... so I've heard from the one Bullgator I know.

Winning cures a prickly personality!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???