Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Todd Gurley Suspended

Quote:His draft stock wont be impacted at all.

I don't think anybody has said as much. AJ Green was not impacted by his rules violation, suspension.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say he'll be back for the early November game here in Jax.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Personally, I think this is the best thing to happen to Gurley.  No risk of injury.  I don't think this will hurt his draft stock.

$400 ???   wow -- Laverneous Coles & Peter Warrick got shoes that were more expensive than that !!

Melvin Gordon?? Yes, because the Wisconsin RBs do so great in the NFL.  They are a product of their offensive line.

UGA fans are now blaming UF saying the guy who turned Gurley in is a UF graduate... lmbo

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2014, 12:43 PM by jtmoney.)

Quote:I feel like that debate has been beaten to death so many times. So at this point if the NCAA has not changed the rule, they never will. Todd Gurley is not going to be the straw that broke the camel's back. This has happened before and it will happen again.
I think it will change as some point. Change is inevitable.

I remember when people said we will never have a playoff.

Quote:I think it will change as some point. Change is inevitable.

I remember when people said we will never have a playoff.

This is different.  Players will never be allowed to market themselves for profit.  Otherwise the big schools will be able to use their thousands of fans buying autographs as a recruiting tool.

Quote:This is different. Players will never be allowed to market themselves for profit. Otherwise the big schools will be able to use their thousands of fans buying autographs as a recruiting tool.

One thing I have tried to take out of my vocabulary is always and never.

Quote:This is different. Players will never be allowed to market themselves for profit. Otherwise the big schools will be able to use their thousands of fans buying autographs as a recruiting tool.

One thing I have tried to take out of my vocabulary is always and never.

The NCAA is slowly killing itself off. If they don't at least try to meet these big name athletes/schools in the middle when it comes to making millions off of them and barring them from making anything, then their time is limited in my opinion.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Winston about to be suspended too haha

Quote:Winston about to be suspended too haha

For?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:One thing I have tried to take out of my vocabulary is always and never.

Aren't those two things?
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Aren't those two things?

Damn you.

Quote:Damn you.

It's okay...you're an FSU fan, we don't expect much from you! :Woot:

Quote:It's okay...you're an FSU fan, we don't expect much from you! :Woot:

I can only count to #1 Wink

Quote:I can only count to #1 Wink

So learning to count is a recent development for you! Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2014, 03:49 AM by Dockerill91.)

Quote:While true, it does beg the question, should this be or is this legal?
I'm from England and continuously watch 16/17/18 year olds get paid copious amounts of money and watch what it does to then as I'm sure you do with NBA, trust me the NCAA has got this right.

What I find funny is that when They was contemplating clearing Gordon's fan most of this board was more or less saying 'the nfl will change it's rules to keep it's best players in' now this same board wants the NCAA to do the same, if you treat them immune to the rules in football, they will think they're immune to the rules in life, now more than ever with Nfl players murdering, child abuse and domestic abuse does Football need to be firm with it's rules and let people know it's not ok.

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2014, 11:33 AM by jtmoney.)

Quote:I'm from England and continuously watch 16/17/18 year olds get paid copious amounts of money and watch what it does to then as I'm sure you do with NBA, trust me the NCAA has got this right.

What I find funny is that when They was contemplating clearing Gordon's fan most of this board was more or less saying 'the nfl will change it's rules to keep it's best players in' now this same board wants the NCAA to do the same, if you treat them immune to the rules in football, they will think they're immune to the rules in life, now more than ever with Nfl players murdering, child abuse and domestic abuse does Football need to be firm with it's rules and let people know it's not ok.
I'm just not sure how rules of football apply to someone making money off their own image. It's insane to even think about. If NCAA is really looking out for people's best interest then why not go non profit and give money to charities? It's hypocritical to say we can rake in tons of money from your image, but you can't make a dime.