Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Free Safeties

Quote:You really think that Caldwell is reaching for need? He admitted to trading up for Linder because Linder was, in his eyes, one of the last starting-caliber guards available. Beyond that, please find me an example of Caldwell reaching for a player.

Gene-ius, on the other hand...

When did I ever say Caldwell reaches for need? I said he is a needs-based drafter. We needed a right guard, so we got one.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Collins plays FS too and he isn't that bad in coverage. I think Collins goes top 10, where do you think he goes?

Prob 14-20
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Worst comment I've seen in awhile. Gurley is going to be a beast. 

To be honest, if our defense wasn't on the field so much this year, they probably wouldn't look as bad as they do. 

So what if Gurley is going to be a beast? That does not mean we should draft him.

Collins!

Quote:Collins!

I said free safety. Collins is a strong safety and will stay there in the NFL.

Quote:I said free safety. Collins is a strong safety and will stay there in the NFL.
stick to cats!

Collins sealed the deal with the pick!

Prewitt with a pick six. Just fyi
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:Prewitt with a pick six. Just fyi

75 yards
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:I said free safety. Collins is a strong safety and will stay there in the NFL.
He has played both. 

Quote:<b>STRENGTHS:</b> Collins is a well built athlete with light feet and fluid hips to change direction quickly. He's a forceful and reliable open-field tackler who often rips at the ball aggressively as he's taking opponents to the ground.

<p style="color:rgb(17,17,17);font-family:'proxima-nova', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(17,17,17);font-family:'proxima-nova', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">He has seen action at both strong and free safety and projects as a first-round pick in large part because he should be able to handle either role at the next level.

<p style="color:rgb(17,17,17);font-family:'proxima-nova', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(17,17,17);font-family:'proxima-nova', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"><b>WEAKNESSES:</b> Collins' inexperience (and inconsistency at cornerback) led to some uncharacteristic lapses in coverage for the Tide in 2013. Needs to prove instincts.

<p style="color:rgb(17,17,17);font-family:'proxima-nova', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">--Rob Rang (8/11/14)

why do you say stuff when you obviously dont watch them play?

Quote:Prewitt with a pick six. Just fyi
i like them both

Sorry to post in an old threat, but reading up on Josh Shaw, he played FS besides CB at USC, after transferring from Florida.

He could probably be had in 4th or 5th round unless he does extremely well at combine.

The con, well he lied to everyone about his injury. He said he jumped off a balcony to save his nephew. I'm hoping he learned his mistake and would welcome him.

Thoughts on Shaw at FS?

Quote:Sorry to post in an old threat, but reading up on Josh Shaw, he played FS besides CB at USC, after transferring from Florida.

He could probably be had in 4th or 5th round unless he does extremely well at combine.

The con, well he lied to everyone about his injury. He said he jumped off a balcony to save his nephew. I'm hoping he learned his mistake and would welcome him.

Thoughts on Shaw at FS?

Why did he transfer?

Quote:Why did he transfer?

Google remembers.

Quote:Why did he transfer?

He transferred for family issues. Article at the link below.
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://usc.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1317218'>https://usc.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1317218</a>

Quote:He transferred for family issues. Article at the link below.
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://usc.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1317218'>https://usc.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1317218</a>
So he could be closer to his nephew in case he starts to "drown?"
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:So he could be closer to his nephew in case he starts to "drown?"

He transferred to be close to home as his grandfather was taking a turn for the worse.

Quote:Why do you say stuff when you obviously don't watch them play?

The free safety problem must be fixed by a guy who has always played that position, not somebody whose natural spot is strong safety.