Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Free Safeties

It is obvious to anyone who watched our first four games the team's biggest need in the draft is either safety or linebacker. More specifically, I think free safety is the hole we need to fill first if any of them are worthy of a Top 20 pick. There is still lots of football left to play, so I am not ready to guarantee a Top 10 pick yet. I know people love Alabama's strong safety, but are there any players who have always been free safeties and are expected to be first round picks?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Cody Prewitt is the guy.

Derron Smith is my guy. 

Quote:Cody Prewitt is the guy.

I'm on the prewitt train.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Prewitt and Drummond although I don't think either go in the first round

Collins is my favorite so far but I like all 3

Quote:Prewitt and Drummond although I don't think either go in the first round

Collins is my favorite so far but I like all 3

I'm hoping Prewitt falls in the 2nd. As of right now, Gregory and Prewitt would be my dream 1-2.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2014, 12:18 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Trade back a few spots and Gurley in the 1st and Prewitt in the 2nd, Best LB in th 3rd?

That we would be ideal as of right now!

Prewitt is not going to fall. He will be a first rounder
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2014, 12:34 PM by Cable.)

Top Free Safety Prospects in this year draft in my opinion are,

Cody Prewitt (Late 1st to 2nd Round)

Kurtis Drummond (2nd Round)

Derron Smith (2nd to 3rd Round)

I would prefer seeing Drummond in a Jags jersey, only because the few times I have watched him play, he has played very well. He always got to the ball. I haven't seen the other two yet, but there is a definite reason why they are on the list.

Quote:Trade back a few spots and Gurley in the 1st and Prewitt in the 2nd, Best LB in th 3rd?

I don't see a first round runnng back as "ideal", sorry.

If we are doing another, who we want and when jag mock draft,

It would be

1st- DL or trade back and grab CB or OLB

2nd- FS

2nd- ILB trade up or if we trade back in 1st

Yes it is all defense in the first 2 rounds. If we still have a 3rd round pick, grab a center if we still need one. Possibly Reese Dismukes from Auburn.

Quote:I don't see a first round runnng back as "ideal", sorry.
who would you take in the first?

Quote:who would you take in the first?

It depends where you are picking. But I'd rather get a pass rusher if one is available. You can find running backs after round one.

Quote:Trade back a few spots and Gurley in the 1st and Prewitt in the 2nd, Best LB in th 3rd?

FYI we do not need another running back behind a crappy offensive line. Drafting Gurley would be nothing short of very idiotic. Our first round pick needs to be on defense.

Quote:It depends where you are picking. But I'd rather get a pass rusher if one is available. You can find running backs after round one.
I said trade back a few spots and take Gurley where Gregory will be off the board. Outside of Gregory I would rather have Gurley than any other pass rusher and maybe even over him.. You can get another pass rusher 2016, you won't get another Gurley 2016. Plus our pass rush is decent enough to wait another year. The running has now became undervalued. Im not that high on Gregory anyway.

Quote:I said trade back a few spots and take Gurley where Gregory will be off the board. Outside of Gregory I would rather have Gurley than any other pass rusher and maybe even over him.. You can get another pass rusher 2016, you won't get another Gurley 2016. Plus our pass rush is decent enough to wait another year. The running has now became undervalued. Im not that high on Gregory anyway.

Why would you even think about picking Gurley knowing he is a running back?

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2014, 05:55 PM by TJBender.)

Running backs are only worth a first-round pick in fantasy football. One need look no further than 2012 to see why: Trent Richardson is a huge bust, David Wilson's already out of the league and Muscle Hamster can't stay on the field. Why would you burn a first-round pick on that trio when Eddie Lacy, Giovani Bernard and Carlos Hyde are on the board in two?

I feel much the same way about safeties in the first round, but a special safety like Earl Thomas more than warrants a one. I don't know that there are any safeties like that coming out this year, although Derron Smith could be a great second-round pick. Maybe Landon Collins, maybe, but I think he's more of a strong safety, and we have one of those.

Quote:Cody Prewitt is the guy.
As of now  --  ^ my first choice for FS as well.

Quote:Running backs are only worth a first-round pick in fantasy football. One need look no further than 2012 to see why: Trent Richardson is a huge bust, David Wilson's already out of the league and Muscle Hamster can't stay on the field. Why would you burn a first-round pick on that trio when Eddie Lacy, Giovani Bernard and Carlos Hyde are on the board in two?

I feel much the same way about safeties in the first round, but a special safety like Earl Thomas more than warrants a one. I don't know that there are any safeties like that coming out this year, although Derron Smith could be a great second-round pick. Maybe Landon Collins, maybe, but I think he's more of a strong safety, and we have one of those.

We need help so bad at free safety we don't need an Earl Thomas to value one as a frist rounder on our board.

Quote:We need help so bad at free safety we don't need an Earl Thomas to value one as a frist rounder on our board.

Here's a list of some top prospects for you. 

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prosp...school=All