Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Breakdown of OL/Chad Henne via BCC

Quote:Only four of those are Henne's fault IMO. On the others there was no pocket, precious little time to even throw it out of bounds, or a completely unblocked rusher. If you are blaming Henne for taking a sack from a completely unblocked rusher, you probably should have your head examined. That's just silly. Especially when your OC has mandated that Henne "chuck it deep" more this time around. You gotta' hold the ball longer to pull that off - especially with a bunch of rookies at WR. There's lots of blame to share here and Henne get's plenty, but the line gets more.

Henne's average at best and usually closer to awful, but the o-line out stunk him by a mile yesterday.

I think it was more than 4 sacks but that's not the issue. I dont think Henne is being blamed for all 10 sacks but there are clear points when he should have thrown the ball away and he just held it too long.

Case in point, let's take Nick Files. Dude got sacked 5 times in one half and came back sharper. He made adjustments on his throws and started to see what the defense was trying to do. Henne did not. When the qb can't make the adjustments you get the other 5 sacks in the next half.

Nick Foles made the changes and Henne didn't

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:lol Henne screwed that up by stopping.  He had an angle to extend outside if he kept running.  That sack was on Henne and Henne alone.

No, that sack is a result of us kicking that same play action play to death.  The unblocked DE doesn't have to respect the run, and since we run that same play 5 times a game, it's easily identified.

Quote:Only four of those are Henne's fault IMO.  On the others there was no pocket, precious little time to even throw it out of bounds, or a completely unblocked rusher.  If you are blaming Henne for taking a sack from a completely unblocked rusher, you probably should have your head examined. That's just silly.  Especially when your OC has mandated that Henne "chuck it deep" more this time around.  You gotta' hold the ball longer to pull that off - especially with a bunch of rookies at WR.  There's lots of blame to share here and Henne get's plenty, but the line gets more. 

Henne's average at best and usually closer to awful, but the o-line out stunk him by a mile yesterday. 

That stretch play is designed to not block the DE.  This is a situation where the defense saw the play coming and reacted immediately.  That is a result of a poor repetitive scheme.

Quote:I think it was more than 4 sacks but that's not the issue. I dont think Henne is being blamed for all 10 sacks but there are clear points when he should have thrown the ball away and he just held it too long.

Case in point, let's take Nick Files. Dude got sacked 5 times in one half and came back sharper. He made adjustments on his throws and started to see what the defense was trying to do. Henne did not. When the qb can't make the adjustments you get the other 5 sacks in the next half.

Nick Foles made the changes and Henne didn't

Henne isn't Foles.  I think expecting him to be is certain disappointment.  Foles also had more open targets on shorter routes. 

I cant stop looking at this play.  Please provide more examples to analyze.

Quote:Henne isn't Foles. I think expecting him to be is certain disappointment. Foles also had more open targets on shorter routes.

Foles isn't a world beater and that's the point. He's not a top 10 qb in my book but he can play competently. Henne cannot. Nobody wants Henne to play like Foles but they want him to be competent. He is not capable of that type of qb play.

I find it interesting how Henne doesn't check down as much and have a higher completion percentage because I see teams playing extremely close to the line of scrimmage now. He has no more safety valves. Either he beats them deep or nothing happens.

Forget his preseason numbers, Henne looks different now than he did. No looking off safeties, no pocket movement, he even stands in the pocket different with less bend in his knees and bounce. He just looks like a deer out there.

Quote:Foles isn't a world beater and that's the point. He's not a top 10 qb in my book but he can play competently. Henne cannot. Nobody wants Henne to play like Foles but they want him to be competent. He is not capable of that type of qb play.
 < That was my point. 

I find it interesting how Henne doesn't check down as much and have a higher completion percentage because I see teams playing extremely close to the line of scrimmage now. He has no more safety valves. Either he beats them deep or nothing happens.
Yeah.  With zero run game and these headlines all week:

Quote:JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Chad Henne has heard it from coach Gus Bradley and offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch throughout the offseason and during training camp and the preseason: Let it fly. 

Be more aggressive. Take shots down the field. Take some calculated risks.

-- It wasn't a tough call to send 5 rushers so many times on Sunday for Washington. 

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014, 04:35 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:Yeah. With zero run game and these headlines all week:

-- It wasn't a tough call to send 5 rushers so many times on Sunday for Washington.
I'll put it like this; I understand not throwing touchdowns or even throwing picks but when the rules have changed to allows offenses to be at an advantage, there should be ball movement. The game is now designed for the ball to move up and down the field like basketball.

We had all of 7 yards in the first 25 minutes. You can get 20 on one pass lol. If you can't at least move the ball occassionally that is a major problem. When you can barely reach 200 yards passing in 2014 there is a major problem with the qb.

There has been a systematic change in football. We seem to be the only team yesterday that looks to be stuck in 1940

Quote:I'll put it like this; I understand not throwing touchdowns or even throwing picks but when the rules have changed to allows offenses to be at an advantage, there should be ball movement. The game is now designed for the ball to move up and down the field like basketball.

We had all of 7 yards in the first 25 minutes. You can get 20 on one pass lol. If you can't at least move the ball occassionally that is a major problem. When you can barely reach 200 yards passing in 2014 there is a major problem with the qb.

There has been a systematic change in football. We seem to be the only team yesterday that looks to be stuck in 1940

I don't see how Foles, Bortles or any QB would have done much better behind that o-line yesterday.  It was that bad IMO.  Maybe they throw a few more away or get it out a little quicker a few times to questionable outcome - but no one would have lit it up behind center yesterday for the Jags. 

A better QB back there would help, but it wouldn't win that game.  

I think it would look a lot less like 1940 with even average players at RT and Center yesterday.  There were bad decisions by Henne, a few head scratchers from Fisch and some bad routes and drops from receivers. Outshining all of those failures was the O-line performance. Add that all up and it will look like we're stuck in the stone ages of football offensively.  

Quote:I don't see how Foles, Bortles or any QB would have done much better behind that o-line yesterday. It was that bad IMO. Maybe they throw a few more away or get it out a little quicker a few times to questionable outcome - but no one would have lit it up behind center yesterday for the Jags.

A better QB back there would help, but it wouldn't win that game.

I think it would look a lot less like 1940 with even average players at RT and Center yesterday. There were bad decisions by Henne, a few head scratchers from Fisch and some bad routes and drops from receivers. Outshining all of those failures was the O-line performance. Add that all up and it will look like we're stuck in the stone ages of football offensively.

So I'm rewatvhing the game and Henne had pleanty of time in the first quarter. The sack he took can from him holding the ball to line. The defense even stopped them a few times lol. I'm have no clue what y'all were watching but I know what I'm seeing.

Every play I count ten guy withing 5 yards of the line of scrimmage and he still had time to throw the ball early. This game was lost because they went up quick and then was able to pressure him heavy the rest of the game.

You can try to spin it every way you can but it was 7-0 in the first quarter and the defense was on the field for 10 minutes. Early in the game he had time and once the went up they sent the hounds. Classic beat am down style.

I'm rewatching it right now and I know what I'm looking at.

Quote:Every play I count ten guy withing 5 yards of the line of scrimmage and he still had time to throw the ball early. 

LOL. Throw it where? To who? 

Quote:LOL. Throw it where? To who?

Really dude lol. Okay I'm done you win. If you feel that any qb would struggle against 8 in the box and 10 within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage then we both have two different concepts of football.

We should run this scheme on our defense. The team that went 3-13 ran it to perfection yesterday so a 4-12 team should be historic in it.

Quote:Really dude lol. Okay I'm done you win. If you feel that any qb would struggle against 8 in the box and 10 within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage then we both have two different concepts of football.

We should run this scheme on our defense. The team that went 3-13 ran it to perfection yesterday so a 4-12 team should be historic in it.

You are just seriously oversimplifying the game. If the receivers aren't open his only option was to throw it out of bounds on that first quarter sack. Which he should have.  You prior post actually said "throw it early."  I'm sure you can figure out what's wrong with that statement. 

Quote:Henne is who he is and yes holds on to the ball too long.  But lets not take Lageman's review of the game film and imply the offensive line is somehow adequate.  The right side is a broken dam.
The left side is no better.  Joeckel isn't impressive and Beadles is a FA bust so far.

Quote:You are just seriously oversimplifying the game. If the receivers aren't open his only option was to throw it out of bounds on that first quarter sack. Which he should have. You prior post actually said "throw it early." I'm sure you can figure out what's wrong with that statement.

Early in the game. Thought the context clues would have shown up in the statement not just the sentence. I'll make sure to watch the all 22 to see who was open. I refuse to believe in 2014 somebody was not open with all these rules changes, but I digress.

Quote:You are just seriously oversimplifying the game. If the receivers aren't open his only option was to throw it out of bounds on that first quarter sack. Which he should have. You prior post actually said "throw it early." I'm sure you can figure out what's wrong with that statement.

Nice way to change the disagreement though. This was about the sacks being on the line or Henne now we're saying they are coverage sacks. I gotcha.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/11/20...35-seconds

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/9/15/6...-breakdown

Had Henne, had a quick release like Manning, 8/10 sacks could potentially have been avoiding.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014, 05:36 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

@ JaguarsAreBeasting -- go to the original post -- the link to the 10 sacks are there.  Actually, JeremyNFL just reposted the link above.  Go to the BigCatCountry link.