Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How do we put this right ?

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014, 04:50 PM by dennisp3.)

I think one mistake with the offensive line was not deciding the starters until the first game of the season. They never worked as unit together and we are seeing the results of it. They would not be great but I believe much better then we are now. The most important position on the line is the center and you can't keep switching players until the opening game of the season. Very big coaching mistake!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Naw it's Henne lol? I was only going for this because I hoped he could put something together this season but he just can't. That's what it looks like when a team gameplans for your weakness. They challenged the qb and will do so all year.

This other teams we play now we are sitting Bortles and are saying they will make us pay for not starting him. I was a strong supporter of the plan but the plan must change. The guy you have can't even get you thru one more season lol.

This is the same defense that couldn't stop Fitzpatrick. 193 yards passing in 2014 is deplorable.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014, 04:56 PM by muddylips.)

Here's some possibilities...

#1. we tanked this game. we know we're not competitive this season for the playoffs, so we tank and get a better draft pick.

#2. we tanked because Khan wants to move the franchise to London. Getting the local fan base to hate the team is just a way of 'greasing the skids'...

#3. we tanked because the team felt bad about what happened to RGIII. sure, why not?

#4. we want to lure the Colts into a false sense of confidence for our home season opener.... I'll buy that for a dollar...

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Doesn't matter what rb you have when they run blitz every play.

I think it would help if Cyprien, Pasztor, Shorts and Sanders were all available (if only to give us rotational options in the case of the two WRs)

Bortles would almost certainly improve the team, but the coaching staff have to ask themselves whether the short term gain now is worth scrapping their plan to develop him from the sidelines. That was always the dilemma.

But I think it's been very clear from both games that our confidence is very fragile and when the opposition gets on a roll, we just fold. I can understand that from the youngsters, but I think some of the veterans (especially the recent additions with championship experience) need to lift the team.

When we played with confidence in the first half of the Eagles game we proved we can be a good team. And that we have got good players.

Hard to say how you bring back confidence

It might take a bit of luck, an close fought win, even the introduction of a player to inspire the team (yes, that could be Bortles). But if that confidence can't be restored soon, this could be another long season...

Quote:You should never need all 5 starters to avoid giving up 10 sacks a game. Teams regularly give up less than 5 with pieced together lines. This line has had two off-seasons and a regular season to get better, not just as players but as a coached unit, and it has gotten worse.

This line has 4 new players this year. FOUR. And the 5th guy is just a back up. Everyone knows that the Oline takes longest to develop, this is not unusual and it will get better

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:First you have a QB that can take the snap and run outside before he sets up to pass. I have said this before the draft and thats why I wanted to see Manziel. Our front office screwed up BIG TIME not getting a serviceable OL. Now they may have to pay by their jobs.

OL is the worst I have seen ever in the NFL. I am 58 by the way

Bradley will be asking you "what hump?" Bc he is just confused as all of us.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:But if your plan is simply "start Bortles" please explain how that will improve our defense, our offensive line and our running game.

Defence: Not being gassed after almost every drive becomes a three and out makes for a better defence.

Running game: If you respect the quarterback, you can't go all out to stop the run.

Offensive line: A quarterback who doesn't need as much protection to get an effective pass off will always make the offensive line look better.

Quote:This line has 4 new players this year. FOUR. And the 5th guy is just a back up. Everyone knows that the Oline takes longest to develop, this is not unusual and it will get better
Lineman are still getting benched mid game. This is not going to get better until we have even more new lineman, meaning that we will still be going through growing pains next year and probably the year after for the o line. Not good.

"Snow and cold may have stopped the armies of Hitler and Napoleon, but they won't slow down the Jaguars. "
;

;
-Steve Sabol

Quote:Lineman are still getting benched mid game. This is not going to get better until we have even more new lineman, meaning that we will still be going through growing pains next year and probably the year after for the o line. Not good.
My issue is it is not the line. Just watch any football game and count to three and watch the qb throw the ball. Now watch Henne and count to three. Kirk Cousins was gonna get blasted one play and threw the ball away. There are small little things that a qb can do that makes the difference. Ball placement is the difference between a seven yard catch and tackle and a 50 yard catch and run. Sliding in the pocket to buy extra time. The one time he climbs the pocket he throws a 50 yard bomb. The line is not great but what you watched was a great game plan. The challenged Henne and he couldn't fight back.  

If we are gonna sit Bortles all year then cool but I can't support that plan anymore. I have re-adjusted my expectation for this year. My sights have always been set on 2015 for us to be consistently competitive but now it seems thats the real truth. 

Quote:It's not the line. I'm seeing a guy who has 3 seconds in the pocket and decides to hold the ball.

I was at the game.... It's the line dude.

Clean house once again.  New GM, HC, OC, DC, players except Scobee and Anger.

Quote:The oline is the weakest link. Cant run=cant win

I do agree having a qb that keeps 8 out the box will help the run game and I doubt Bortles gets sacked as much as Henne. He makes plays throwing on the run and with our oline he will be runnin for his life every play. Our d is on the field all game with these 3 and outs. Start the kid

I agree with this. Closely followed by our secondary. I didn't realize Cyp made such a big difference. Getting him back will help. I think the coaches are going to have to make some player adjustments as far as the OL is concerned. Young looked better than Bradfield. Jockel needs to play better and the line will need some time to gel regardless of who is playing.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014, 05:57 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:I was at the game.... It's the line dude.
So in your honest opinion you felt that Henne never had enough time? He was unable to slide in the pocket? Or possibly throw the ball away? I'm not being facetious but want your opinion. You were at the game and I watched on tv. Maybe you saw it from a different vantage point. 

Is 193 yards sutible for a qb even with a bad line in this wide open era of the NFL?

It felt like I watched a team game plan against a qb. I didnt see many 4 man fronts early in the game. I saw a lot of three and outs though and few passes going past the first down marker. This is coming from a guy who was a strong supporter of the plan initially. 

One thing we can do is start playing the best players, That means you play Bortles forget any stupid "plan" we have, play the best players.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Clean house once again. New GM, HC, OC, DC, players except Scobee and Anger.

It sucks bc we have already done this 2 times in 4 years. I think we've had the longest rebuild in NFL history. Maybe just replace the coordinators at the least.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

He pump faked when they were sending the house, pump faked!!! How did he think he would have time for that! Im sorry.Im highly emotional lol

Quote:Lineman are still getting benched mid game. This is not going to get better until we have even more new lineman, meaning that we will still be going through growing pains next year and probably the year after for the o line. Not good.

Yeah, the back up to the injured starter who wasn't active today got benched for a different guy. That's a lack of depth and we're all concerned about it, but it takes time.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:So in your honest opinion you felt that Henne never had enough time? He was unable to slide in the pocket? Or possibly throw the ball away? I'm not being facetious but want your opinion. You were at the game and I watched on tv. Maybe you saw it from a different vantage point. 

Is 193 yards sutible for a qb even with a bad line in this wide open era of the NFL?
I sat 3 rows up from the 50yd line. Henne had ZERO time to throw pretty much all game. When he did have time? Hurns drops the TD pass. I don't like Henne but no QB would have been successful today. Henne was sacked 10 times today. Bortles probably would have been sacked 7 or 8 times.

You can't throw the ball away when you have no time to move out of the pocket. In my honest opinion (and I want Bortles to play badly) Henne was not the reason we lost this game. It was the OLine.

Quote:So in your honest opinion you felt that Henne never had enough time? He was unable to slide in the pocket? Or possibly throw the ball away? I'm not being facetious but want your opinion. You were at the game and I watched on tv. Maybe you saw it from a different vantage point.

Considering it was a franchise record (and 2 short of an NFL record) in sacks, that's not really surprising. Henne is not gifted enough to carry a team single handedly under that kind of pressure but very few players are. He needs at least some support to be successful.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.