Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How do we put this right ?

Come on then, what do we do to become more competitive ?

I have a feeling that a lot of things will need to change.

And I'm struggling to see how we improve the offensive line with what we have.

But if your plan is simply "start Bortles" please explain how that will improve our defense, our offensive line and our running game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Playing a QB that can do something will change the pass rush and the running game cause then your opponent can't put 8-10 men in the box without having to worry about the big play. The O-line will have less pass rushers if the QB can make them pay for that too.

How do you become more competitive?  It's simple and the answer has been the same for weeks.  You start Blake Bortles.  

I can't defend starting Henne anymore lol. He is terrible

You put Bortles in and make this offense get points. That will let our defense rest and allow them to have fresh legs. They're completely gassed out, and our offense isn't helping in any way. Chad Henne sucks and will always suck.

Block better. Both in running and passing. 

The oline is the weakest link. Cant run=cant win

I do agree having a qb that keeps 8 out the box will help the run game and I doubt Bortles gets sacked as much as Henne. He makes plays throwing on the run and with our oline he will be runnin for his life every play. Our d is on the field all game with these 3 and outs. Start the kid

Quote:You put Bortles in and make this offense get points. That will let our defense rest and allow them to have fresh legs. They're completely gassed out, and our offense isn't helping in any way. Chad Henne sucks and will always suck.

Our defense was sucking before they got gassed

Putting Bortles in will do nothing because our coaches and team has no answer for the blitz. We are clueless.

It is Henne. I've had the same conversation for years while we had Garrard. Teams are gonna play the run and man all game until he shows he can effectively beat it. We will see this all year until another qb starts and can beat the 8-9 in the box.

The game is to wide open due to the rules to only muster up 187 yards right now. That's the qb right there. This is Gabbert level right now.

first, get rid of Fisch

Quote:Block better. Both in running and passing.

Wish it was that easy.

Quote:Our defense was sucking before they got gassed

Putting Bortles in will do nothing because our coaches and team has no answer for the blitz. We are clueless.

Cyprien makes our secondary. Don't forget that, and our defense was terrible this game, but I think it's due to the play action and all the fakes Washington runs. The preparation for this game was terrible i'm assuming. They didn't do their homework on the redskins. 

How would Blake Bortles improve the offense, if the line doesn't give him time to throw? 

Quote:How would Blake Bortles improve the offense, if the line doesn't give him time to throw?

It's not the line. I'm seeing a guy who has 3 seconds in the pocket and decides to hold the ball.

This isn't just an online thing. Henne and Gerhart are horrible this game.

Start another rebuild? Wow. Horrible

Quote:This isn't just an online thing. Henne and Gerhart are horrible this game.

No pocket awareness. No sliding in the pocket. That's why the line is getting killed. The defense has a straight line to Henne

Quote:Come on then, what do we do to become more competitive ?

I have a feeling that a lot of things will need to change.

And I'm struggling to see how we improve the offensive line with what we have.

But if your plan is simply "start Bortles" please explain how that will improve our defense, our offensive line and our running game.

We need leaders, I don't see any (or enough) on the team or on the staff.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014, 04:22 PM by Etdavis2006.)

They blitzed 8 guys one play and he couldn't find an open receiver lol

inb4 the pass blocking is blamed for everything...even though trash Henne holds the ball for a 1000 years.