Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
"The Plan": Coaching vs Management

Quote:Wouldnt you just love to hear Pete Caroll's take on it?

Is he working with the Jaguars to have ANY insight?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:When they're getting paid to make those decisions, their opinions will carry more weight.

Just because sitting him is the decision, doesn't mean it's the right one.

Quote:Yeah, because you're at the practices, and you're with him on the practice fields and in meetings to know where he's really at, right. These guys running the team don't have a clue. Message board geniuses know what's happening and what needs to be done.

I've tried reading for weeks because i'm an official "lurker" as they call it; but it's been too many years of the same excuses.  Everyone on this board that feels they are right the majority of the time, not just FBT, usually just agrees with the final say of the coach and/or GM.  No one knows what the problem is because they're just floating excuses around that don't make since.  O-Line looked ok to me today...Playbook can't be that difficult with all of the same plays as preseason being called WK 1...Oh and Henne is teaching BB5 God knows what.  Stop agreeing with everything coach says because what makes you a smart football guy is being right when the coach is even wrong not just riding the best waves at every chance.  As far as the coaches go......Yes, they will stick by Henne because they will look dumb by doing otherwise until they look dumb for not doing so more than already.  Yes, they will not say what Bortles is struggling with unless force to make up some story because Henne is that bad.  Yes, Bortles should start over Henne for plenty of reasons besides O-Line and Playbook excuses.  Yes, I know Henne is the plan so agree with the Coaches until that plan changes or everyone will say your wrong and they're right because they have no excuses for this poor decision.  Go Jags.

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Quote:Because what they are doing is clearly working. You consider success playing one decent quarter. This franchise has beat its fan base into submission to crave mediocrity. It's a disease.

You're right. They should let the fans run the team.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:When they're getting paid to make those decisions, their opinions will carry more weight.

Well more than "message board geniuses" anyway.

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman

Quote:The coaches who are there to determine when Bortles is ready will make that call when they see fit. If he's not starting until he's ready, and he's NOT starting, it's safe to say theve evaluated where he's at and they feel he's not ready. Everyone talks about his command of the offense based on the vanilla defenses he faced in the preseason and they think he's ready to go. Those actually working to prepare him disagree. I'll trust their judgment since their jobs depend on getting things like this right.

Well they better hope they do get that right, because they certainly arent getting a lot right offensively at this point

Quote:Tommy Maddox started over Big Ben. Had Maddox not gotten hurt, who knows how long he would've started.

probably more than just those few games

You act like this franchise doesn't have a history of decision makers who don't make very good decisions and any fan who questions their decision is way out of line. It would be one thing if it was Bill Bellichick doing this, but I think its natural for fans to question this regimens decision to sit Bortles.

You stop at nothing to knock Bortles down and your latest is vanilla defenses in the pre-season?

Quote:I've tried reading for weeks because i'm an official "lurker" as they call it; but it's been too many years of the same excuses.  Everyone on this board that feels they are right the majority of the time, not just FBT, usually just agrees with the final say of the coach and/or GM.  No one knows what the problem is because they're just floating excuses around that don't make since.  O-Line looked ok to me today...Playbook can't be that difficult with all of the same plays as preseason being called WK 1...Oh and Henne is teaching BB5 God knows what.  Stop agreeing with everything coach says because what makes you a smart football guy is being right when the coach is even wrong not just riding the best waves at every chance.  As far as the coaches go......Yes, they will stick by Henne because they will look dumb by doing otherwise until they look dumb for not doing so more than already.  Yes, they will not say what Bortles is struggling with unless force to make up some story because Henne is that bad.  Yes, Bortles should start over Henne for plenty of reasons besides O-Line and Playbook excuses.  Yes, I know Henne is the plan so agree with the Coaches until that plan changes or everyone will say your wrong and they're right because they have no excuses for this poor decision.  Go Jags.

Or, maybe the coaches are right?

Nah, that couldn't possibly be it.

Quote:Well more than "message board geniuses" anyway.

It's amazing we don't have more coaches plucked from the ranks of fans. They always know what's best.

Quote:probably more than just those few games

And even this morning on CBS, Cowher sort of stumbled when asked why they started Maddox. That injury may have saved his job.

Quote:You act like this franchise doesn't have a history of decision makers who don't make very good decisions and any fan who questions their decision is way out of line. It would be one thing if it was Bill Bellichick doing this, but I think its natural for fans to question this regimens decision to sit Bortles.

You stop at nothing to knock Bortles down and your latest is vanilla defenses in the pre-season?

I haven't "knocked Bortles down." You've clearly studied at the TMD School of Hyperbole.

Are you honestly trying to say Bortles faced a full defensive playbook during the preseason?

Quote:I haven't "knocked Bortles down." You've clearly studied at the TMD School of Hyperbole.

Are you honestly trying to say Bortles faced a full defensive playbook during the preseason?

Not saying that, then again I don't know because we don't know everything that goes on in practice.

Quote:I still think the issue at this point has more to do about the OL, than Bortles actual readiness. However, there could indeed be stuff regarding the playbook that Bortles simply hasn't mastered yet and we wouldn't really be privy to that info. 
The playbook excuse is just that, an excuse.  True, Bortles possibly has not mastered the playbook yet, but, even if he hasn't, the fact that he hasn't at this point in time would not have been necessarily known a month or more ago, when Henne was named the starter.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Is that Brandon Marshall making big plays for the defending AFC champs?

Coaches never make mistakes and know everything.

They named Henne the starter 10 minutes after Bortles was drafted. Even if he was the fastest learner on Earth, he never had a shot at starting. Something stinks in Jacksonville and it isn't the Maxwell plant.

Quote:Or, maybe the coaches are right?

Nah, that couldn't possibly be it.

Don't get me wrong, i respect your opinion more than almost anyone on here that i see but i don't believe in the "Henne plan."  I know the coaches know more than any fan but OAK is even, if not worse, and Carr looked good.  No Playoffs this year w BB5 then cool,  No Playoffs next year w BB5 is cool, No Playoffs for any amount of more time with Henne is trying my intelligence with Football.  I don't care if it's the right decision, make it right to the fans by saying what the problem is or even lying better.  I'm respectable of Henne and his level of play making him an NFL player even Vet but i'm tempted to say Gabbert could've gave us that performance today minus the 1st quarter but you never know with good field position.  I'll stick with the plan but the plan isn't sticking with me for as long i don't think.

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Quote:Not saying that, then again I don't know because we don't know everything that goes on in practice.

You're the one basing your determination that he's ready on his preseason performances. So, did he face any legitimate defensive game planning in the preseason or not? You scoff at the notion he faced vanilla defenses.

Quote:Is that Brandon Marshall making big plays for the defending AFC champs?

Coaches never make mistakes and know everything.

That's not really point. The coaches certainly have more insight than fans, do they not?

Quote:They named Henne the starter 10 minutes after Bortles was drafted. Even if he was the fastest learner on Earth, he never had a shot at starting. Something stinks in Jacksonville and it isn't the Maxwell plant.
But wait!  How can that be?  Gus said we would have competition at every position.  

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.