Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
cyprien

Do we know Cyprien's status? When can we expect him to play or is he going to miss time at all?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He might be the most valuable player on the team given how terrible our backup safeties are. Get well soon, Cyp. 

Quote:Do we know Cyprien's status? When can we expect him to play or is he going to miss time at all?

You will have to wait for Wednesday's injury report for that. The NFL's concussion protocol takes several days to complete. Until I hear/read otherwise, I will guess he is out for Washington.

Quote:You will have to wait for Wednesday's injury report for that. The NFL's concussion protocol takes several days to complete. Until I hear/read otherwise, I will guess he is out for Washington.

If he was concussed, he'll miss at least one game.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:He might be the most valuable player on the team given how terrible our backup safeties are. Get well soon, Cyp. 

I would not go that far. We can't afford to lose Paul Posluszny either because he is a leader with a lot of experience, not just a good linebacker. The game would have been a lot worse if Poz could not come back after a few plays.

Quote:If he was concussed, he'll miss at least one game.

I prayed for him, so maybe not .

Quote:I prayed for him, so maybe not .

If he has a concussion your prayers aren't going to matter.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

[Image: 4dBuPhu.jpg]

Hope he gets better. Defense really changed once he left. 

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2014, 08:45 AM by Cleatwood.)

<div>[Image: AnUmldEP_normal.jpeg]
</div>

<p style="font-size:26px;">Want to say thank you to all fans, family and friends who reached out to me in someway concerning my health.It means a lot. I'm doing great!

Quote:[Image: 4dBuPhu.jpg]

Is that supposed to be funny?

The memes showing Cyp on the ground are in poor taste. 

Huh

Quote:The memes showing Cyp on the ground are in poor taste. 

Maybe we should have "haveaseat" fall on the ground, hit his head hard enough to black out and we can laugh at him.

Well, I guess there's a fine line between "funny football moment" and "guy could be paralyzed/have a traumatic head injury" that some have trouble seeing.

Huh

Having been knocked out cold like that both in high school and college, I know that when you "come to" you can appear like everything is cool. Back in the Stone Age when I played, they just put some ammonia under your nose and sent you back in. We all probably suffered numerous concussions that went untreated.

I think the league will keep Cyp out for 2-3 weeks.

Regardless of anything. Concussion or not. He needs to sit a game after that. I don't ever remember being as concerned watching a Jags game as I was when Cyprien smashed his head on the ground.

You want an example of a player giving himself up for the team, There it is. He even made the save before he smacked the ground. If I was apart of the def., I'd give the man a standing ovation when he comes into the meeting room tuesday.

Quote:Is that supposed to be funny?

Actually, that Eagles player was the first to call for help from the Jags sideline. The picture gives the impression he's "the man" who knocked him out. Not true.

Quote:Having been knocked out cold like that both in high school and college, I know that when you "come to" you can appear like everything is cool. Back in the Stone Age when I played, they just put some ammonia under your nose and sent you back in. We all probably suffered numerous concussions that went untreated.

I think the league will keep Cyp out for 2-3 weeks.

What was the logic with the ammonia thing? I remember seeing that even on TV. 

TMD, have you ever been to a Jag game?

Quote:What was the logic with the ammonia thing? I remember seeing that even on TV.

They were little strips of cardboard ( you see them even today in your doctor's office) . When they were cracked open, they emitted a real pungent odor that supposedly " brought you back to your senses" immediately. Probably a waste of time, but back in the 60's and 70's that was "state of the art" lol. Made as much sense as salt tablets being swallowed on a hot day.